Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    question for the gays that live in the u.s.

do your gay bars have no security? no checks of ... suspicious individuals or anything?

seems like this could have entirely been preventable
    There was an armed guard on duty. They got into a firefight, and iirc he was forced to retreat until backup came.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    how is he threat to their civil rights ?
    which party doesnt want gay people to get married again?

i mean cmon, didnt trump, literally yesterday, have a speech about protecting the sanctity of marriage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    So I usually don't even response to forums but im getting sick and tired of people with 0 knowledge about guns and gun control talk.

You have a right to an opinion, but seriously get some knowledge.

If you think banning all assault weapons is going to solve the problem, it's not. Do you really think a criminal is LEGALLY going to get a gun thru a background check.'
    Answer is both, no and yes they can but if u ban all assault weapons, they can still get 1. Therefore that doesn't work.

Now, Do you know why the reason the 2nd Amendment is about Guns. Learn it, its not about hunting and fishing like the Govt want you to think. Its about Self Defense and if the Govt ever comes suppress, they we, the people, can fight back. If we ban the Assault Rifles like everyone wants, then we will be fucked.
    Now, i'm not saying we should go and fight the Govt. Thats what the founding fathers wanted it there for.

Do you know have to use a gun? Do you know people kill people, guns don't kill people. If want to say that guns kill people, then we have to ban all cars with that logical.
    Its a mental health problem, not gun problem

Lastly, for everyone that wants to come and take our guns.

1) 1776 will happen again

and

2) You can come and take my guns from my cold dead fuckin hands.

infowars dot com / truepatriot
    Did you just make an account to give us that nonsense? LOL

btw. Shooter apparently obtained the weapons legally.
    But whatever rocks your boat.

lol @ infowars... say hi to that nutjob Alex Jones
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    I asked you, how are gays doing the middle east? Are the gay night clubs that homosexuals can go to there? Besides jordan and israel?
    there are gay night clubs in iran and saudi arabia

3 days ago, Isis made a threat against Florida
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016...hree-days-ago/
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Peterpewn View Post
    People are slaughtered every day in syria and iraq because of this ideology. I would say every day is frequent enough.
    So when we (the US & Allies) drop bombs on innocent people in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, etc. it's ideology as well right? Kek.

I don't see what's so hard to understand about terror attacks. It's almost always the same; young adult male feels disenfranchised by his country due to excess amounts of predjudice and hate towards his cultural group and is treated constantly like an outside. Meanwhile he sees his origin country getting bombed every day and crazies like trump rising to power. Easy to see how someone coming from that background could despair and go crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Did you just make an account to give us that nonsense? LOL

btw. Shooter apparently obtained the weapons legally.
    But whatever rocks your boat.

lol @ infowars... say hi to that nutjob Alex Jones
    Yeah I support the 2nd amendment but Alex Jones is a fucking nutjob.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    No, it's good I understand. "It's too much of a hassle, so let's just suffer more shootings instead of actually doing something about it." That's perfectly sane logic. I get it, you tried it in some backwater village in Idaho and still someone had the audacity to use a gun in a crime in Chicago. Clearly, gun restrictions don't work. Seems like an honest effort.

No, I get what you mean. But in all fairness, these shootings? They happen because the US population wants them to happen. Simple as that. As long as you tolerate them, they will happen. And who wouldn't like a bit of dramatic entertainment for the evening, because that's what this is to 90% of the people wanting to be righteously outraged and have a bit of feels for random people they don't even know. All of this before saying "Oh man, if they had guns, they could've sieved that dude and we could watch a happy end to this, why is there never a happy end to these reality TV shows?"

Well... yeah. There you go. Put them all in mental health institutes, cos by now, it's either that or.. just buy popcorn and wait until next week, when we tune in to "Mass shootings in X: xx confirmed dead!"

Too much cynicism? It's up to you guys to stop me from being right.
    I don't think you understand just how strict gun regulations are in liberal states like New York, California or Illinois. I'm not trying to make this a partisan issue but it is honestly almost impossible to buy guns in these states, particularly California.

I think you are being overly pessimistic here. Americans do get horrified when stuff like this happens but they react in different ways based largely on their political and religious beliefs. This issue will trigger a discussion of both gun control and the place of Muslims in America.

The honest best chance I think to preventing things like this is to have more armed guards in public places or allow people with CCW to carry in public areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    we have tried banning alcohol though. shall I remind you what THAT resulted in and why it lasted just over a decade before they gave up trying? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohib..._United_States

as for what happened - all I will say is that so many deaths of so many innocent people is tragic and yes it was homophobia driven at the very least. could it have been prevented with stricter laws? I don't know. I don't know just how long the shooter was planning out his act. and given that they are suspecting him carrying a bomb too... given how easy the bombs can be to built.... I don't know. the root of the problem is not the tool used - its the hatred. banning the tools is bandaid at best - hatred will just find new tools to use.
    Man, I really don't want to bash the US in this thread, but you guys are making it too fucking easy not to do it. Banning alcohol and banning guns is not only totally not the same, banning alcohol like that is also one of the most stupid political moves in the history of politics. Banning guns, however, is done in many countries of the world. And you don't want to do it, fair enough. But don't cry about mass shootings. This is by design, the US population is assisting in this. You're all just watching and doing nothing.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Natiry427 View Post
    Easy to see how someone coming from that background could despair and go crazy.
    You're shifting blame.

Why target innocents?

Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    Lastly, for everyone that wants to come and take our guns.

1) 1776 will happen again

and

2) You can come and take my guns from my cold dead fuckin hands.
    You a member of the KKK? Cause you sound like an extremist who thinks their sad little hold-out of a bygone, bigoted era is much more powerful and relevant than it really is. Waco might happen again, but 1776? Please, you're a pathetically small minority that is only getting smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    True - so the only think you have to do is stop giving them weapons of mass destruction when they do.

I was in my early 30s when Australia also had a systemic problem with mass shootings - then one day, some nutball shot 35 people in Tasmania.

We as a country decided and supported our government is saying "THAT IS ENOUGH".

It was - and they made tougher laws, and guess what - the mass shootings STOPPED.

STOPPED

DEAD

IN

THEIR

TRACKS

How about give detailed instructions on how exactly a country that has more guns then citizens should go about doing this? 50 people dying in the fairly religious south isn't going to spark a lot of serious discussion about banning guns

The first step is clearly that 200 something year old document that says something like "right to bear arms"...after that then what? do people who own guns (legally) just get thrown in jail if they don't turn in their weapons? don't enough people bitch about the prison system in the US already? they have these weapon turn in things in Orlando once in a while, last time you know how many weapons people turned in? 1 BB gun...

The Cartel would probably like a weapons ban here...then in a decade everyone will be saying "if we legalize guns, the cartels will be out of business"

Edit, 50 potential gay* people dying in the south
    Last edited by tylenol; 2016-06-12 at 03:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Eh.... I have to disagree here. I really don't think just anyone could do something like this. I do think it takes some sort of personality or emotional disorder to snap bad enough to where you could

A. Kill 50 people in cold blood
    B. End any type of future you have in your life
    C. Probably result in your own dealt
    I would rather not risk it. As in, I don't think all/the majority of mass murders can be stopped simply by doing mental health checks. I think it's risky to think that these checks would be the simple solution to this problem.

Maybe it would be helpful to rephrase. Maybe no one could be sane at the time of shooting, but a sane person can go insane at any time. I think that might encapsulate what you're talking about while refraining from inferring that mental health checks would be the silver bullet, so to speak.

I don't think you understand just how strict gun regulations are in liberal states like New York, California or Illinois. I'm not trying to make this a partisan issue but it is honestly almost impossible to buy guns in these states, particularly California.

I think you are being overly pessimistic here. Americans do get horrified when stuff like this happens but they react in different ways based largely on their political and religious beliefs. This issue will trigger a discussion of both gun control and the place of Muslims in America.

The honest best chance I think to preventing things like this is to have more armed guards in public places or allow people with CCW to carry in public areas.
    That's a stupid idea... that's nto the best chance. it's very hard to get guns in those states, but you know what the issue is... the states they border... the states that are right there with looser gun laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    They can blame guns all they want as well. The shooter's motivation is the key here.
    I think you will find it will be a combination of "motivation" and "ability to walk down the road and instantly buy an assault rifle" that will be the key. Both equally important, in my opinion.

Say what you like about the rights of Americans to buy and carry handguns, there surely CANNOT be a defence for being able to buy the sort of weapons that you would only expect to see in the hands of professional soldiers in war-zones.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Nice blaming the victim here. Yeah bro, gays don't like keeping anyone out with security, cause that infringes on their ability to be as promiscuous as possible, right?
    not blaming the victims.. pointing out something the owner should have donwe

whether its a bar for the normals, the gays, the blacks, the mexicans, w.e, it should have security to protect those that visit it...

as i said, this could have been easily preventable after spotting a ... again.. suspicious individual entering the bar...

and i say suspicious because the indian that attacked apparently picked that bar because the gay thing went against its religion.... if thats the case, wtf was it doing in that place? security would have spotted it coming a mile away.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    They can blame guns all they want as well. The shooter's motivation is the key here.
    Why does the motivation actually matter?

The fact is, if people want to start successful mass shootings, for whatever reason, they just need to pick a gun off from walmart.

It's not like ideology suddenly affects the success rate of the attempt.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Blunt hammer View Post
    Islam is a progressive religion

It was the first religion to recognise the importance of women's rights

It was well ahead of Christianity well into the Middle Ages

So it is the dominant religion

Get used to it plebeians .
    progressive

in the middle ages

kek

7+ Year Old Account
    Gun sales actually go up when things like this happen because people are afraid they will get taken away.

I just don't think you can regulate 800 million firearms with much success. California, New York, Washington DC, Chicago are evidence of this.

I don't like guns myself and if I could live in a society without them, I definitely would but that just isn't being realistic.
    Smith and wesson stock or (SWHC) skyrockets every time shortly after a shooting. There's obviously a correlation between the two.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I think you will find it will be a combination of "motivation" and "ability to walk down the road and instantly buy an assault rifle" that will be the key. Both equally important, in my opinion.

Say what you like about the rights of Americans to buy and carry handguns, there surely CANNOT be a defence for being able to buy the sort of weapons that you would only expect to see in the hands of professional soldiers in war-zones.
    I agree that Islamic extremists shouldn't be able to obtain weapons.