10+ Year Old Account
    You know, while this wasn't the best episode and I can see merit in a lot of the complaints, some of the other complaints really make my eyes roll. There are people on the subreddit throwing a tantrum because it turns out that Arya isn't Jaqen... Really?

If you're going to tinfoil hat it up, be ready to accept that if you're wrong, it's completely your fault.

Mini-rant over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Right, it destroys the stupid Iron Throne and the place people have been fighting over for the entire series.
    I'm sticking with Cersei fucking the High Sparrow's shit up by destroying the Sept of Baelor :P Don't disappoint me you crazy bitch!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I'm still waiting to see what Queen Margaery has up her sleeve. Kinda counting on that taking care of the HS more than Cersei.
    Oh and also, they reiterated again this episode the whole "The faith and the crown are the two pillars that hold up this world. One collapses, so does the other." speech. If the Sept of Baelor were to be destroyed...

I really liked the episode, it is great that the Brotherhood and the Hound are back, and together, the three guys involved all have funny dialog.

I thought the Arya events was as expected, I think sometimes our fan-theories get overboard. Her going all jason bourne the day after being stabbed was a bit much, but they did end up showing it hurting her. My biggest grip about the episode was the Waif looking like the bad dude from Terminator 2, or Mr.Smith from the matrix while chasing someone. too robotic.

I knew from last week that Pog being chocked was going to be Bronn. Again, like with the hound, I am happy to see him back.

The big question about next week. I guess we can assume LF shows up and is the reason Jon wins winterfell... but what does LF do after? I just don´t see him riding home afterwards.

Deleted
    Wasted potential with the Masters attacking Meereen, you could have had the Ironborn show up and decimate their army.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post

Didn't see the Blackfish fight, kinda lame for someone so legendary within the universe to be killed off-screen. Should have had a warrior's death or fled with Brienne, not just be reportedly killed between scenes.
    For what purpose.... you get to see an old man, played by an untrained actor, do another jedi fight? It is anti-climate and would look terrible on TV and then you would have 50 more posts pointing out how bad their swordfighting was.

Watch the interview of Brienne when she talks about how long she had to train to do that fight scene against the hound. With Arthur Dayne, they actually hired someone just based on his swordfighting skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Episode was okay I guess.

The Hound's scenes were awesome.

Arya's scenes were poorly written and negated her being in Bravos for so long (that probably do to them running out of book time though) but the chase scene was actually shot pretty well. You could see the Waif in the fast distance while the camera was focused on Arya, it was pretty cool. Not sure why they showed the Waif kicking the shit out of Arya so many times but we didn't even get to see Arya poke the Waif with Needle.

Riverrun has also been a waste of time, probably ran into the same issue as Arya's storyline though where they were waiting for the book to give them somewhere to go. Its literally like this is the moment in the shows writing process when they had to accept that a new book wasn't going to come out before the show was over.

You know what, Danny was a bit anti-climatic too, too cliche.

Cersei standing up to the choir boys was pretty cool though.

Looking forward to the Bastardbowl, I'm expecting White Walkers to interrupt it. If this was the old GoT when GRR ran everything then I would've expected for a beloved character to die, probably not though. Sansa is safe, Jon is safe. Others would suck to lose but not that tragic of loses. Davos would suck to lose but I don't think they'd kill him unless he gets a lot of screentime next episode.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Hounds scene was great, Beric and Thoros still kicking around being awesome, why its taken us this long to see what they are up to again i'll never know, great characters, completely wasted. Also Hound dick, because why not?

The Jaime/Edmure scene was pretty solid, a bit cut down from the books, but considering they completely cut out the broken men speech, i'll take what I can get, I did like the dark reprise of "The things we do for love". Shame we didn't see the Blackfish go down swinging, but meh, despite being told over and over that he's a badass, we haven't really seen him do anything in the TV Show (nor in the books really from what I recall).

Mereen scenes were boring again, more forced Missandei x Grey Worm that no one needs, Dany entrance was cool, shame we didn't get to see Drogon napalming the fleet, hopefully we'll see it next week.

"I choose violence" was great, and seeing the High Sparrow completely shut down Frankengregors usefulness was pretty good as well.

Thank god they went with the, yeah Arya just got stabbing, stop making everything super complex route for the Arya storyline, though it did kind of negate everything she has done so far, for the past 2 season really, she's given up training to be a Faceless man, and in the end the skills that she falls back on to save her life aren't those of the Faceless Men, but those that we saw her being trained in all the way back in Season 1.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    Which begs the question: Why bother harvesting people's faces if you don't actually need them?

On a related note. A thought that brought me up short while eating my lunch today. -- How the hell did the junior actress from a travelling troupe afford to pay for a faceless man assassination? Was there something I missed in one of those scenes? We're talking about a contract that is so prohibitively expensive that the crown opted not to pay for it. Related thought - she's either more than she appears to be, has connections that can afford it, or wasn't actually the one who ordered the hit.
    I always thought the price was subjective. For the poor, it may not be a monetary price that they pay, but something they themselves find as valuable or more. Whereas the crown would see an exorbitant amount of gold in the cost to hire one. Being attached to their money in a different way than a poor person is attached to their valuable 'object.'
    wyrd bið ful aræd

10+ Year Old Account
    Arya's story couldve progressed alot faster than it did. completely unnecessary to draw it out as long as they did.
    Hi

Deleted
    Also why the hell didn't Arya get trained to run by the T-1000 like the Waif did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Also why the hell didn't Arya get trained to run by the T-1000 like the Waif did.
    Hahaha. I found that funny. I was like "holy shit, the waif is insane!"

10+ Year Old Account
    It would've been cool if Arya had taken some of the faceless masks to use over in Westeros.
    Hi

Aryas dead, Waif was wearing Aryas face at the end. But seriously why didnt the Waif just run back and open the door

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Aryas dead, Waif was wearing Aryas face at the end. But seriously why didnt the Waif just run back and open the door
    Faceless men aren't cowards + you will get stabbed in the back running.
    At least all those BS theories about Sylvio being Jaqen are dead.

- - - Updated - - -

I think too many people need action to find episodes interesting now

You've got war with the slavers.
    Arya going back to Westeros.
    Varys sailing out somewhere.
    The Hound maybe finding a new purpose.
    Cersei's preview on burning down KL
    Jaime's preview on coming back to KL to see Cersei burn everyone.

I think that is more than enough in one episode.

This episode 9 won't help tho, it will be all fighting, and everyone is going to say "boooooring" if we d'ont have 2 murders per episode.

Just saw the preview to next episode. The part where an extra said "Jon's army will be stuck between bodies and Ramsay's armie seems true."
    Last edited by mmoce2f72405d7; 2016-06-13 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    Wasted potential with the Masters attacking Meereen, you could have had the Ironborn show up and decimate their army.
    Uh, what makes you think that won't still happen? As far as I could tell, the siege didn't exactly end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Uh, what makes you think that won't still happen? As far as I could tell, the siege didn't exactly end.
    The Dragon was there, that usually means dead people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zauruz View Post
    So dissapointed with this episode. All the Cleganebowl and Lady Stoneheart hype died.
    And just for that, I fucking loved this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post
    I think too many people need action to find episodes interesting now
    [...]
    This episode 9 won't help tho, it will be all fighting, and everyone is going to say "boooooring" if we d'ont have 2 murders per episode.
    So damn true

Cersei finally got to chose voilence, and it was glorious. That part and the Hounds almost made this episode worth it.

Feeling seriously let down by Aryas story arc though. That was way too long and complicated to go nowhere. Either of the popular tinfoil theories would have made it more interesting, or something else, just... this was very meh and didn't feel like it amounted to anything.

Oh well. At least the cersei/sparrow arc is awesome, so it has something going for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    That was the worst episode ever. Whoever directed/produced that should never be allowed to direct/produce anything ever again.

Aside from critically injured Arya who should be delirious with septic fever instead going all Jason Bourne running a Parkour marathon through the city before blind-fighting the waif to death, all the good action happened off screen.

Arya kills the waif off screen. What an opportunity wasted to have Arya do something really clever. They could have made it so that the girl the waif stabbed was never Arya to begin with, but actually Jaqen Hgar, then had Arya take the Waif out when she was least expecting.

The Blackfish has his last stand off screen. What the fuck was that? He was a cool character that they could have done cool stuff with. If they decided to kill him off, fine, but why would you make his death pointless/meaningless and off screen where you don't even get the satisfaction of his honorable death? And now Brienne has come all the way down south to Riverrun only to turn around and immediately go back north? What was the point of that whole misadventure? To show just how much Jaime's character, which could have had an amazing arc of growth instead turn that arc into a flatline? He's the same character now as in season 1 episode 1, which is such a disappointment for anyone who has read the books and seen how he changed over time.

Dany rescues the city with her dragon off screen. What a great opportunity to swoop in on her dragon and light the sails of the invading fleet on fire. It was an awful opportunity wasted.

The whole episode reaked of, "We ran out of time/budget, so instead of having this fight scene or whatever, we'll just fade to black and have some characters talk about what happened afterwards."

Worst GoT episode ever.

I agree. Story wise this episode was terrible.

Adding to your points: how did Arya get the Waif´s body to the temple? Or did she only bring her face?
    Tommen going full zealot overnight even turning on his mother felt rather unbelievable to me.

The scenes with the Hound were awesome though.