Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Makro View Post
    Thanks for the quick answer.

This kinda troubles me: are we going to FS on 5/6/7 stacks, potentially wasting 1/2/3 (3/4/5 with castigator + FS crit) wounds in order to reach the cap before Apocalypse? Or before entering a burn phase (for example Feast on Gorefiend)? Or are we going to rely on stuff like Blighted Rune Weapon/Infected Claws to reach the cap without wasting any?
    As was said yesterday, it comes down to was those lost wounds/runes worth more than the damage the ghouls do, the debuffs they apply, and the explosion they do upon death. No real way to napkin math that out especially when the ghouls are bugged atm

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    As was said yesterday, it comes down to was those lost wounds/runes worth more than the damage the ghouls do, the debuffs they apply, and the explosion they do upon death. No real way to napkin math that out especially when the ghouls are bugged atm
    Sure, it makes little sense to do the math until the numbers are final. Still, I would have preferred if Apocalypse could use up to 8 wounds, while the cap on wounds on a target was 15 or so. Otherwise they could just make a sort of dynamic cap on wounds, where FS can apply additional wounds only if there are less than 8, but if you have less you can go over the limit.

the talent shuffle wasnt the best idea I guess? What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by erzahd View Post
    the talent shuffle wasnt the best idea I guess? What do you think?
    We never even got the talent shuffle, so we never even had the opportunity to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by Makro View Post
    Sure, it makes little sense to do the math until the numbers are final. Still, I would have preferred if Apocalypse could use up to 8 wounds, while the cap on wounds on a target was 15 or so. Otherwise they could just make a sort of dynamic cap on wounds, where FS can apply additional wounds only if there are less than 8, but if you have less you can go over the limit.
    A dynamic cap would be cool but likely wouldn't work as I can't think of anything else that works that way. I mean dots technically do by adding on 3 seconds of their duration but that's different than a stack count

Deleted
    I'm really enjoying unholy dk atm.
    Personally I wouldn't change anything except maybe the necrosis talent that seems strong but the rotation that makes you have feels weird and counterintuitive.
    I also use unholy frenzy instead of castigator as my crit is low with the current gear.

I also use FS to get 8 stacks only when i have 5 stacks or less and 2 runes ready. Else I Apocalypse with 6 runes or 5. It just produces a smoother rotation.
    Last edited by mmoca55501adac; 2016-06-09 at 09:47 AM.

I've been testing Frost on the Beta and I would like to go through the motions to test Unholy as well, would someone be willing to put together a recommended tree for me?
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Saracens View Post
    I've been testing Frost on the Beta and I would like to go through the motions to test Unholy as well, would someone be willing to put together a recommended tree for me?
    I've been playing with these two the most for dungeons/leveling to 110. Haven't gotten into heroics yet.

1) http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-cal...ht/unholy/M2Fz
    2) http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-cal...ht/unholy/MB4z

But I really like how you can for the most part have many different builds that all work rather well.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Quote Originally Posted by Valermos View Post
    I've been playing with these two the most for dungeons/leveling to 110. Haven't gotten into heroics yet.

1) http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-cal...ht/unholy/M2Fz
    2) http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-cal...ht/unholy/MB4z

But I really like how you can for the most part have many different builds that all work rather well.
    Thanks, I'll give these, as a basis, a try. I really like frost, it flows well, but I feel like it's missing some Umph, I'm hoping Unholy delivers.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Small update, I've been progressing through the levels as unholy and I have to say I think I'm a full convert. I absolutely love the flow of unholy in comparison to Frost right now. I'm a bit concerned about Rune regeneration, of course it could be me not timing things correctly just yet. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Saracens View Post
    Small update, I've been progressing through the levels as unholy and I have to say I think I'm a full convert. I absolutely love the flow of unholy in comparison to Frost right now. I'm a bit concerned about Rune regeneration, of course it could be me not timing things correctly just yet. Any thoughts?
    Yea you can work yourself into a bad spot rune wise if you don't watch it. What works best for me is weaving DC's between SS's to Runic Corruption uptime going... even still RNG. As you level the artifact it will improve a little with 10% chance to gain a rune on SS and increase RP generation.

Yea you can work yourself into a bad spot rune wise if you don't watch it. What works best for me is weaving DC's between SS's to Runic Corruption uptime going... even still RNG. As you level the artifact it will improve a little with 10% chance to gain a rune on SS and increase RP generation.
    Ok, I'll start doing that, thanks.

That being said, what would be our proposed stat priority right now? Mastery/Haste or Haste/Mastery? I feel like crit played such a big role in Frost, but not so much here.

Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post

That being said, what would be our proposed stat priority right now? Mastery/Haste or Haste/Mastery? I feel like crit played such a big role in Frost, but not so much here.
    Tuning is in such a early state that there's not much heavy work on theorycrafting yet, so no real 'this stat and this stat' yet. Tuning on things could make us want something totally different than it is now, so not worth the effort

Maxweii is right things could change quite a bit soon so it is tough to say for sure.

What I have been following on beta is Strength > Mastery > Haste > Crit > Vers.

Mastery/Haste gear has been difficult to come by while Crit Mastery or Mastery Vers has been on just about everything.

Deleted
    I would recommend going Clawing Shadows. Not only is it a QoL increase, but it is also super powerful in current stage of tuning. I also think Defile is not needed with Epidemic, to balance the spec out. U could opt for both I guess, but I really like that the "40 secs weak Garg" turns into a "15 secs burst" which can do alot of dmg with proper runic power usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    I would recommend going Clawing Shadows. Not only is it a QoL increase, but it is also super powerful in current stage of tuning. I also think Defile is not needed with Epidemic, to balance the spec out. U could opt for both I guess, but I really like that the "40 secs weak Garg" turns into a "15 secs burst" which can do alot of dmg with proper runic power usage.
    The way I see Defile too is that it's potentially a lot of lost damage, you use it mainly for SS cleave but it's powerful itself and buffs us with more mastery. Missed ticks on it really hurt compared to DnD where it's just marginally painful.
    Also with the use of Clawing Shadows you can drop DnD/Defile on yourself and cleave from range, but if you have Defile that's obviously a LOT more detrimental to you.

Tuning is in such a early state that there's not much heavy work on theorycrafting yet, so no real 'this stat and this stat' yet. Tuning on things could make us want something totally different than it is now, so not worth the effort
    Ok, I'll keep an eye out for tuning updates and the like.

Maxweii is right things could change quite a bit soon so it is tough to say for sure.

What I have been following on beta is Strength > Mastery > Haste > Crit > Vers.

Mastery/Haste gear has been difficult to come by while Crit Mastery or Mastery Vers has been on just about everything.
    I've noticed the same, I'm not a huge fan of crit, but I'd like to just stack up Mastery right now and get some more damage going out.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    I'll try the CS change, if not Defile though, what would you recommend?

The way I see Defile too is that it's potentially a lot of lost damage, you use it mainly for SS cleave but it's powerful itself and buffs us with more mastery. Missed ticks on it really hurt compared to DnD where it's just marginally painful.
    Also with the use of Clawing Shadows you can drop DnD/Defile on yourself and cleave from range, but if you have Defile that's obviously a LOT more detrimental to you.
    Good to know, I've tried to make sure I take full advantage, but I could see how slipping up would be devastating.

Deleted
    I'll try the CS change, if not Defile though, what would you recommend?
    The line "but I really like that the "40 secs weak Garg" turns into a "15 secs burst" which can do alot of dmg with proper runic power usage." refers to Dark Arbiter :> Very strong

Arbiter + Bloodlust might be some of the most fun + highest burst in the game.

arbiter's cd is just too high imo. and they need to buff soul reaper a little bit to make that row a more interesting
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

How is it too high? Its the exact same as Gargoyle. If it were shorter theyd have to nerf it.