Page 11 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, you could try asking a Moonkin to cast FoE on it.
    That reminds me, they still haven't replaced our "placeholder" FoE animation.

I'm really starting to think we'll just be stuck with Artanis's Purifier Beam with a different name.

Honestly I don't care about decision making in feral anymore. There is no reward. After playing the current iteration of WW and Fury I simply take my same ~800-805ilvl feral through the same quests in Suramar and it's as if I'm playing on nightmare mode compared to the other two characters. You wanna kill an elite rare on your feral? Better be completely amazing on that character. Kill an elite on WW or Fury? Hit buttons that take 200-300k in a single GCD with no ramp up time on short cooldowns and laugh laugh laugh your way to easy rewards.

Feral hopefully will see some tuning upwards because right now it is far too complicated and nuanced to merit the paltry damage it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramad View Post
    Honestly I don't care about decision making in feral anymore. There is no reward. After playing the current iteration of WW and Fury I simply take my same ~800-805ilvl feral through the same quests in Suramar and it's as if I'm playing on nightmare mode compared to the other two characters. You wanna kill an elite rare on your feral? Better be completely amazing on that character. Kill an elite on WW or Fury? Hit buttons that take 200-300k in a single GCD with no ramp up time on short cooldowns and laugh laugh laugh your way to easy rewards.

Feral hopefully will see some tuning upwards because right now it is far too complicated and nuanced to merit the paltry damage it does.
    Reading your post make me really afraid to continue leveling my druid and make him my main, Preach and Finalboss where a little more positive about feral druid, i think i should wait 1 month or so to decide then

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    Reading your post make me really afraid to continue leveling my druid and make him my main, Preach and Finalboss where a little more positive about feral druid, i think i should wait 1 month or so to decide then
    I watched those, watch again. They gloss over the big issues with no real analysis at all, especially AoE.

Man, I feel so depressed right now--I left the game back in late MoP, it's been a few years. Recently heard about Legion releasing soon, so I start taking a look at info, reading over new talents, etc...some stuff looks pretty cool, wow that's interes--OH FUCK ME BLOODTALONS IS STILL IN THE GAME?

Sigh. Maybe they'll make the other two talents in that tier worth using.

Honestly a lot of my problems come from the tuning of the spells compared to the content. If I had some lucky crits opening up on an elite/rare monster and I can SR w/my first bar of energy, then TF/Zerk Brutal Slash/Ashamane's Frenzy/Rip, and basically spam shred/rake, it feels really good to play. You do a freaking ton of damage. The problem is that happens every 3 minutes or so. If I was going to pull say 3 monsters in Suramar(which happens all the freaking time around Telenor(northeastern area of the lvl 110 zone with a lot of monster density), I'm simply dead. Even if I go with my same combo but instead of starting shred I start my first energy bar with 3x Rake into savage roar, using Savage Instincts, Cenarion Renewal, immediately making sure to hit my predatory swiftness healing touches, I simply die before I can kill the 3 normal 110 monsters.

It's actually maddening when it happens over and over, soon as you accidentally have 3 monsters on you, you're just dead. You could get some very lucky crits and possibly live, but most likely, you're dead. One quest which gave me a lot of trouble was one where 3 enemies spawned in a cave after you click a quest item. One of these monsters is an elite with ~6 million health(pretty normal size HP for a rare/elite in Suramar). I could not in any way complete this quest. I wrote a bug report but this is a quest that is not marked as requiring a group or anything and I believe it to be overtuned. Any normal everyday LFR player in a dps spec would have zero chance of living through this quest alone.

If they gave ferals a bit more passive damage outside stacking our modifiers it would go a long long way to create a better overall feeling for the spec. Rather than just stacking all these modifiers and having people spouting how they like "complexity." Sure I like complexity, but I want to be able to kill things just as well in the regular world as Fury or WW which doesn't require stacking two or three mechanics in order to do ~150k DPS.
    Last edited by Ultramad; 2016-06-13 at 11:41 PM.

Pretty much.

Ramp up classes suck. Being a ramp up class gives you no advantage whatsoever, just disadvantages.

I mean, look at affliction warlocks. They will never be used in mythic+ dungeons. And the difference is they cleave really well because their multidotting has no ramp up, unlike ours.

It's why mages, hunters, and rogues always dominate. They're frontloaded burst classes. Unless they design ramp up classes to have more potential DPS in exchange for having less burst, it will remain this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Ultramad I would point out though that Feral hasn't really gotten any tuning yet and it's entirely possible that it's doing significantly less damage than intended. It's also possible world mobs are just overtuned.

I sadly haven't participated in a WoW beta since Cataclysm's, but I remember in that one that pulling even one extra mob was a death sentence. However by release world mobs were, as usual, pretty trivial.

Yeah absolutely that could be and hopefully is the case. I hope. I really do. The spec itself has a lot of potential to be really fun. Ashamane's bite is fun to use and the artifact skins are just beautiful. Until we see more tuning I'm going to just keep doing my world quests and go from there.

OFFTOPIC: Do world quests scale up again above 825 once I'm at ilvl 825? Like they did once I hit 810?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultramad View Post
    Yeah absolutely that could be and hopefully is the case. I hope. I really do. The spec itself has a lot of potential to be really fun. Ashamane's bite is fun to use and the artifact skins are just beautiful. Until we see more tuning I'm going to just keep doing my world quests and go from there.

OFFTOPIC: Do world quests scale up again above 825 once I'm at ilvl 825? Like they did once I hit 810?
    As far as I understand it, they keep scaling up to match whatever your average item level is, with no (apparent) limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    @Ultramad I would point out though that Feral hasn't really gotten any tuning yet and it's entirely possible that it's doing significantly less damage than intended. It's also possible world mobs are just overtuned.

I sadly haven't participated in a WoW beta since Cataclysm's, but I remember in that one that pulling even one extra mob was a death sentence. However by release world mobs were, as usual, pretty trivial.
    Ha, that's not how I remember it. They may have nerfed mobs before release, but it was still a pretty big jump up in difficulty (especially that first zone) from world mobs in vanilla. Lots of people complained about that in the early days of cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidezen View Post
    Ha, that's not how I remember it. They may have nerfed mobs before release, but it was still a pretty big jump up in difficulty (especially that first zone) from world mobs in vanilla. Lots of people complained about that in the early days of cata.
    It may have been more difficult than world mobs in Wrath or earlier (I don't really remember anymore) but it wasn't instant death to pull more than one mob like it was in beta.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know this isnt the answer you want, but levelling as a Guardian will absolutely triavialize everything. Tanks are beastmode now for leveling and world questing. The first time i played Feral on beta i got my ass handed to me like 20 seconds into the feral artifact questline. Two wrathguards just flat out ended me. I was not expecting that kind of beatdown at all.

Guardian on the other hand just tears through everything in sight.

And healing specs are far more durable than DPS, with the obvious downside being lower dps.

The new build has a tooltip change for Feral Instinct to include Incarnation, but its still only for 15s while Incarnation lasts for 30?
    #awkward

Quote Originally Posted by Arthael View Post
    The new build has a tooltip change for Feral Instinct to include Incarnation, but its still only for 15s while Incarnation lasts for 30?
    #awkward
    It's so using Incarnation doesn't make the trait stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's so using Incarnation doesn't make the trait stronger.
    Ya I get why its being done, still doesn't make it any less awkward.
    You have to track Incarnation in two settings - with the bonus dmg and without, making the entire concept of collapsing Incarnation onto Berserk rather moot (since typically you macro them anyway).

You have to track Incarnation in two settings - with the bonus dmg and without, making the entire concept of collapsing Incarnation onto Berserk rather moot (since typically you macro them anyway).
    Track the trait and Incarnation seperately. That's probably how it works anyway. The trait just gives you a second seperate buff that is triggered by Inc.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't snapshot so there's probably not much reason to track it, since you'll always know exactly when it's up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    It doesn't snapshot so there's probably not much reason to track it, since you'll always know exactly when it's up.
    Any specific reason they made that buff not snapshot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Any specific reason they made that buff not snapshot?
    Blizzard hasn't commented on it as far as I know.