Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    As a pro-gun person, I was thinking what I'd be willing to "give up" to appease the gun control crowd.

1. Universal background checks. We already have this with the standard federal form at any FFL. Maybe extending it to private party sales(we all know how retarded this would be to enforce) as kind of a "good faith" measure.

2. Mag limits. I thought hard about this because I love 30-40rd mag dumps. I'd be willing to accept a national 15rd mag limit. There is no real reason to need more unless you are in a combat scenario.

3. Mandatory 48 hour hold on all purchases, bypassed by being a CCW permit holder and making CCW holders undergo yearly training. Say 8hrs of class time a year.

4. Free but mandatory hunters education/gun safety class(2hrs every 5yrs) for anyone who wishes to own firearms.

These are things I'd be willing to implement to appease the gun control crowd. It may not make a huge difference but it feels like a solid compromise.
    1.) Gun control has been nothing but good faith measures every single time something is passed, it was until recently people started going "Fuck you, we are not falling for that again." The NRA at one point even lobbied against AR-15's when they were still Fudd Central. Then they realized their numbers were becoming stagnant or dropping because of not getting with the times.

See also Ruger.

See also Smith & Wesson.

Both companies took huge hits (back before the turn of the century) in the market by bending the knee and they have since learned that is stupid. Consumers don't put up with this type of bullshit anymore. That era is over and won't be returning.

2.) No thanks

3.) Don't care if training is provided for at no charge

4.) See #3

PS: I don't give a shit if a drivers license costs a fee every time you renew, a driver license is not a protected article under the constitution. This is the same reason if you are arrested and can't afford a lawyer, one is given to you at no charge by the state.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: Government refund on a safe purchase? haha sign me up...

Already do that anyhow, that is a win-win for me.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-06-15 at 11:54 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    There's no hope. People's freedom to own tools of murder is of seeming religious importance to them. They don't care how many bodies pile up in the streets, it's always "mah freedumz".

The framers of the Constitution were not gods, incapable of error. IMO, they made two: not banning slavery outright, and allowing anyone to have weapons.

But as I said, i don't think there's any hope for change. All I can do is my part: I refuse to continue my father's right -wing nonsense. He has probably 2 dozen guns of various kinds. I've told him if he doesn't give them away before he dies, this is what will happen:

pile all of the guns and bullets in the trunk of my car

drive back to the town I live and call the local police dpt

tell them I inherited a bunch of guns and ammo I dont want and i want to turn them over

drive to the station, give the cops the the guns and ammo, and go home

F guns. If you can look at what happened in Orlando or Sandy Hook and not think more of others than of your precious rights, I have no words.

How does one conclude that because someone thinks the ban on guns is stupid, that they also support the legalization of random people using nukes?

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    There's no hope. People's freedom to own tools of murder is of seeming religious importance to them. They don't care how many bodies pile up in the streets, it's always "mah freedumz".

The framers of the Constitution were not gods, incapable of error. IMO, they made two: not banning slavery outright, and allowing anyone to have weapons.

But as I said, i don't think there's any hope for change. All I can do is my part: I refuse to continue my father's right -wing nonsense. He has probably 2 dozen guns of various kinds. I've told him if he doesn't give them away before he dies, this is what will happen:

pile all of the guns and bullets in the trunk of my car

drive back to the town I live and call the local police dpt

tell them I inherited a bunch of guns and ammo I dont want and i want to turn them over

drive to the station, give the cops the the guns and ammo, and go home

F guns. If you can look at what happened in Orlando or Sandy Hook and not think more of others than of your precious rights, I have no words.
    Has your father ever done anything criminal with his guns?

Do you suspect he will?

No? Sounds like you are kind of a dick to your dad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Has your father ever done anything criminal with his guns?

Do you suspect he will?

No? Sounds like you are kind of a dick to your dad.
    I don't know if he has. I have no reason to suspect that he has. that doesn't change how I feel about him or the things he believes, not just guns. He's a primitive, hyper-religious, homophobic dbag. And a gun nut. I hope he rots.

EDIT: I'm not making any judgements/assumptions about you Titan; as I said, I don't expect any significant change in the US. Personally I like Australia's firearms laws.

I just absolutely am disgusted by people like my dad.
    Last edited by Berengil; 2016-06-16 at 12:16 AM.

I don't know if he has. I have no reason to suspect that he has. that doesn't change how I feel about him or the things he believes, not just guns. He's a primitive, hyper-religious, homophobic dbag. And a gun nut. I hope he rots.
    Sounds like his owning guns are the least of your problems.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    I find it interesting that liberals always want to restrict my ability to own firearms whenever a criminal misuses their firearms. That would be analogous to restricting my ability to own a hypodermic needle because drug addicts use them to get high. Before you start shouting false equivalence, some numbers......

In 2013 guns were a factor in,

33,636 deaths, over 66% of which were suicides or accidents and undetermined. Only 11,078 firearm related deaths were attributed to homicide.

Conversely, drugs killed:

46,471 people, 17,000 of which were illicit drugs. Heroin alone killed 10,574 people in 2014, only 500 short of firearm homicides the previous year.

http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/Caus....HKAeysqw.dpbs

The point is this. Gun violence is way overstated, and the logic towards addressing it is flawed, and not applied universally. I want to give liberals the benefit of the doubt and blame most of their fixation on guns to them simply having an emotional reaction and being frightened by them. While this is silly, as proven by the numbers, at least it isn't nefarious. More and more however I'm becoming convinced that it isn't an emotional reaction and that it is a calculated effort to disarm the citizenry which will remove their primary obstacle to achieving other goals. Those goals being the removal of property rights, freedom of speech, worship and other little inconveniences to their statist utopia. I'm holding out hope for the former though.

top that off with the fact that "assault rifles" are used in a fraction of the shootings than handguns are (and that rifles number isnt even just "assault rifles", its any rifle) but are just used in the high profile shootings.

1.) Gun control has been nothing but good faith measures every single time something is passed, it was until recently people started going "Fuck you, we are not falling for that again." The NRA at one point even lobbied against AR-15's when they were still Fudd Central. Then they realized their numbers were becoming stagnant or dropping because of not getting with the times.

See also Ruger.

See also Smith & Wesson.

Both companies took huge hits (back before the turn of the century) in the market by bending the knee and they have since learned that is stupid. Consumers don't put up with this type of bullshit anymore. That era is over and won't be returning.

2.) No thanks

3.) Don't care if training is provided for at no charge

4.) See #3

PS: I don't give a shit if a drivers license costs a fee every time you renew, a driver license is not a protected article under the constitution. This is the same reason if you are arrested and can't afford a lawyer, one is given to you at no charge by the state.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: Government refund on a safe purchase? haha sign me up...

Already do that anyhow, that is a win-win for me.

As said these are things I personally feel are reasonable for most people.

Not sure how it got compared to a drivers license... I see the difference in a right vs privilege.

I don't think anything I suggested impedes on anyone's rights. It'll make the left feel like something is being done while maintaining our liberties.

Also I would love the shit out of some safe subsidies.

As a pro-gun person, I was thinking what I'd be willing to "give up" to appease the gun control crowd.

1. Universal background checks. We already have this with the standard federal form at any FFL. Maybe extending it to private party sales(we all know how retarded this would be to enforce) as kind of a "good faith" measure.

2. Mag limits. I thought hard about this because I love 30-40rd mag dumps. I'd be willing to accept a national 15rd mag limit. There is no real reason to need more unless you are in a combat scenario.

3. Mandatory 48 hour hold on all purchases, bypassed by being a CCW permit holder and making CCW holders undergo yearly training. Say 8hrs of class time a year.

4. Free but mandatory hunters education/gun safety class(2hrs every 5yrs) for anyone who wishes to own firearms.

These are things I'd be willing to implement to appease the gun control crowd. It may not make a huge difference but it feels like a solid compromise.
    Id only cave for 1 and 4. 2 and 3 are still bullshit.

The only reason id even cave for one is really out of selfishness lol. Im a veteran, i have a top secret clearance with my current job, and im a member of the "NFA club". The govt already, unfortunately, knows everything about me and the ATF has a pretty good idea of the firearms i own based on my tax stamps. there really isnt anything a universal background check will do for me good or bad. I literally couldnt go off the grid if i wanted to.

It'll make the left feel like something is being done while maintaining our liberties.
    You are under the misconception that compromise will fix their appetite. It never has and it never will.

EDIT: I'm not making any judgements/assumptions about you Titan; as I said, I don't expect any significant change in the US. Personally I like Australia's firearms laws.

Tell him ill be his son so i can inheret his guns since his current son is just a hateful dickbag.

Infracted for flaming
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-06-16 at 12:31 AM.

I've never understood the jump from where we are to full on ban-nearly-everything like UK/Australia. Most of Europe has guns, Canada has guns, and while I don't agree with all their systems in place, it makes me wonder why folks jump straight to the worst-case.

As Titan says, sounds like owning guns are probably pretty low on the list. My father was absent for most of my life, and when he died I wanted nothing from him. I didn't single out his car-fascination and blame all gear heads for my issues with my father. You're entitled to your opinion, obviously, and plenty of people DO turn in guns of deceased to the police. Some gets destroyed, some auctioned.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

According to his latest tweet, Trump is now left of Clinton on part of this issue.

"I will be meeting with the NRA, who has endorsed me, about not allowing people on the terrorist watch list, or the no fly list, to buy guns."

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...78235408195584

Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    The only reason id even cave for one is really out of selfishness lol. Im a veteran, i have a top secret clearance with my current job, and im a member of the "NFA club". The govt already, unfortunately, knows everything about me and the ATF has a pretty good idea of the firearms i own based on my tax stamps. there really isnt anything a universal background check will do for me good or bad. I literally couldnt go off the grid if i wanted to.
    Yeah, you want to have fun with the Compromise Crowd, say "okay, we'll agree with some univeral background checks, but you allow new machine guns as well as removing silencers from the NFA" or anything else to get some rights loosened up.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Yeah, you want to have fun with the Compromise Crowd, say "okay, we'll agree with some univeral background checks, but you allow new machine guns as well as removing silencers from the NFA" or anything else to get some rights loosened up.
    Fuck MG's. They are novelty toys at best.

Suppressors need to be removed because they are a safety device. Sick of paying $200 per and waiting 6 months per.

As I said before, suppressors are mostly over the counter goods in Euro countries for this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    According to his latest tweet, Trump is now left of Clinton on part of this issue.

"I will be meeting with the NRA, who has endorsed me, about not allowing people on the terrorist watch list, or the no fly list, to buy guns."

The furore to that comment makes me guffaw.

The fact that some people are so defensive about this issue that they actually want to allow suspects on the FBI's terrorist watch list/no fly list to buy firearms is comedy gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    The furore to that comment makes me guffaw.

The fact that some people are so defensive about this issue that they actually want to allow suspects on the FBI's terrorist watch list/no fly list to buy firearms is comedy gold.
    No, its about arbitrarily putting you on a list that denies you your constitutional rights and they don't notify you nor give you a means to fight the charge. It violates the constitution and I am not talking about the second amendment.

No one wants dickbags to have guns, but don't just go Emperor on the population.

Better to have 100 guilty men go free than 1 innocent man put in jail.

The NRA's problem with the watch list is the method contesting it, they just don't mention that in the news discussing how it's all NRA blocking stuff.

I don't care for the Watch List because it seems like some arbitrary method of picking on people wiht no recourse. If someone is on a "watch list" you should be watching them or arresting them. But of course nowadays rights are just taken away whenever it's convenient.

One of the best things about Trump -- he really cares about this Country.

Unknown to most people he is actually a centrist on most issues save a few - but the Media portrays him as dangerous and unpredictable.

I give Trump credit for doing the right thing and working to fix the loophole that allowed that terrorist to purchase those firearms.

Fuck MG's. They are novelty toys at best.

Suppressors need to be removed because they are a safety device. Sick of paying $200 per and waiting 6 months per.

As I said before, suppressors are mostly over the counter goods in Euro countries for this reason.
    I couldn't afford to feed a MG, but it is a perfect example of a right that was continually eroded even though criminal use was non-existant.

I'd probably also prefer if SBRs were just considered handguns, but ah well.