Thread: UEFA Euro 2016

Deleted
    england won 2-1 injury time goal

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    england won 2-1 injury time goal

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Only watched the second half but thought Wales were pretty awful, from what I saw anyway
    We were playing for a draw on the basis that it would have effectively seen us go through today without having to take any risks, sadly when we had to start taking risks there was 2mins of injury time left haha. Can still be fixed vs Russia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    More shit teams? So far in the tournament, there hasn't been a single shit team. Nobody got their ass kicked. The tournament could use even more teams as the teams are that equal.
    As nice as it is to see Iceland hold Portugal, watching teams get bettered for an entire game in an effort to steal a draw isn't enjoyable. That's what qualifying is for.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davos Seaworth View Post
    You lost me on your first post.
    Yeah, you really shouldn't be talking about my posts since I've seen some of yours on here. Teenage angst, lol...

Enjoy your short lived tournament at this years euro's. With any luck, you'll face Portugal and end up losing to penalties for the umpteenth time.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    As nice as it is to see Iceland hold Portugal, watching teams get bettered for an entire game in an effort to steal a draw isn't enjoyable. That's what qualifying is for.
    Was the same with the Czech Republic against Spain. When a team is over-matched, they go in a super defensive mode to try to get the draw. It makes sense from that team's point of view, but those teams should have been sorted out in the qualifying rounds

10+ Year Old Account
    St George slays the dragon...

Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan View Post
    Yeah, you really shouldn't be talking about my posts since I've seen some of yours on here. Teenage angst, lol...

Enjoy your short lived tournament at this years euro's. With any luck, you'll face Portugal and end up losing to penalties for the umpteenth time.
    Judging by your last few posts, you're an ignorant fool who revels in your own sense of self importance.
    Nice few infractions. Bit of nation bashing too.

As you like to say to people. Welcome to the ignore list pal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Oh so you are saying Iceland didn't deserve its spot in the cup?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Was the same with the Czech Republic against Spain. When a team is over-matched, they go in a super defensive mode to try to get the draw. It makes sense from that team's point of view, but those teams should have been sorted out in the qualifying rounds
    The thing is, the qualifying rounds whittle it down to 24 teams, and not necessarily the top 24 in Europe just the 24 that played teams they could beat to get here. The #1 ranked team in Europe is ranked #2 in the world, the #24 team in Europe is ranked #34 in the world, that's a lot of disparity, half the teams in this tournament will be over-matched and punching above their weight.

When the #34 team in the world (Iceland) faced the #8 team (Portugal) they played the defense tactic due to being overmatched and it worked, when the #26 team (Wales) faced the #11 team (England) they played the defense tactic due to being overmatched and it failed, it doesn't mean either team was wrong to try that as it's better to try and avoid losing to the best team in your group and try to make up for it against the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    The thing is, the qualifying rounds whittle it down to 24 teams, and not necessarily the top 24 in Europe just the 24 that played teams they could beat to get here. The #1 ranked team in Europe is ranked #2 in the world, the #24 team in Europe is ranked #34 in the world, that's a lot of disparity, half the teams in this tournament will be over-matched and punching above their weight.

When the #34 team in the world (Iceland) faced the #8 team (Portugal) they played the defense tactic due to being overmatched and it worked, when the #26 team (Wales) faced the #11 team (England) they played the defense tactic due to being overmatched and it failed, it doesn't mean either team was wrong to try that as it's better to try and avoid losing to the best team in your group and try to make up for it against the other two.
    I generally agree with you here. However, I think it should have been kept at 16 teams. Yeah, you will still get the matches like Iceland vs Portugal but I think you'll see less of those in the finals.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    St George slays the dragon...
    Nothing stirs up the national pride like seeing a Syrian, sporting a flag adopted by England 900 years after his death, attacking a mythical beast that appears on the flag wales adopted in 1959 XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Oh so you are saying Iceland didn't deserve its spot in the cup?
    Yeah, I think he's pretty much asking for a self selecting 'super league' of Italy, France, Germany and Spain because they're basically the only ones really worth having there as one of them will most likely win anyway and it'd be hard to just pick one and hand them the trophy.

There haven't been any complete 5, 6, 7-0 drubbing matches - they were weeded out in the qualifiers already, so it does seem fair to say that there aren't any teams that haven't earned their place. It is a tournament, there's a qualification system, and there are teams who didn't make it that you might think ought to, but that's tough shit, that's the point of qualification and they should have done better during it.

- - - Updated - - -

I generally agree with you here. However, I think it should have been kept at 16 teams. Yeah, you will still get the matches like Iceland vs Portugal but I think you'll see less of those in the finals.
    Well yeah, you'll see a lot fewer games in general, which means also fewer better match ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post

Well yeah, you'll see a lot fewer games in general, which means also fewer better match ups.
    So eliminating the 8 worst teams results in fewer better matchups?

Deleted
    So, If England win the group they play a third placed team from either group A, likely Romania or Albania, Group D, likely Turkey or the Czech Republic, or Group C. The third placed finisher in group C is likely to be determined in the next game today, between Ukraine and Northern Ireland.

15+ Year Old Account
    So eliminating the 8 worst teams results in fewer better matchups?
    Eliminating 8 worst teams and you would still have Iceland and Czech rep in the tourney.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Nothing stirs up the national pride like seeing a Syrian, sporting a flag adopted by England 900 years after his death, attacking a mythical beast that appears on the flag wales adopted in 1959 XD
    Rawr. Whatever.

He was Roman, not Syrian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing brings out the Anglophobes like a well earned England win.

Still think Wales will go through in second though.

Why does N. Ireland sing the british anthem but Wales just hours ago did not? Taht's strange... ?-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Yeah, I think he's pretty much asking for a self selecting 'super league' of Italy, France, Germany and Spain because they're basically the only ones really worth having there as one of them will most likely win anyway and it'd be hard to just pick one and hand them the trophy.

There haven't been any complete 5, 6, 7-0 drubbing matches - they were weeded out in the qualifiers already, so it does seem fair to say that there aren't any teams that haven't earned their place. It is a tournament, there's a qualification system, and there are teams who didn't make it that you might think ought to, but that's tough shit, that's the point of qualification and they should have done better during it.
    If you have a qualifying system and practically everybody qualifies there's no point in having one. With the obvious exception of The Netherlands if you look at the teams that didn't qualify it's nearly impossible to find a team that might improve the tournament. Adding Cyprus, Slovenia and Estonia isn't going to make the tournament better.