Page 1 of 18
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Next American Civil War

It is going to make me sound really bad, but I really want to another civil war to breakout. I absolutely hate the system that is in place in America at the moment. Corporations and the wealthy squash and oppress everyone else beneath them, and they have government on their side to make sure it stays that way. As politics become more and more corrupted the only way real change is ever going to happen is through violent revolt of the masses. Honestly, I want a little bit of revenge on the wealthy and corporations for forcing me to exist on slave wages.
    Last edited by nanook12; 2016-06-16 at 07:42 PM.

Will never happend again.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    It is going to make me sound really bad, but I really want to another civil war to breakout. I absolutely hate the system that is in place in America at the moment. Corporations and the wealthy squash and oppress everyone else beneath them, and they have government on their side to make sure it stays that way. As politics become more and more corrupted the only way real change is ever going to happen is through violent revolt of the masses. Honestly, I want a little bit of revenge on the wealthy and corporations for forcing me to exist on slave wages.
    You could start it. I mean honestly what are you specifically willing to do about it?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The people you want to stage the revolution won't OP, the people you don't want to stage the revolution will.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Will never happend again.
    Said every nation before there was a civil war.

It's coming. Look into militia's etc. Many people feel this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you willing to murder your fellow citizens to get what you want? Are you willing to be slaughtered pursuing that cause?

No?

Then there's no civil war about to break out. That's how bad things have got to get. Unless you're willing to ignore the law and shoot some corporate leaders in the face yourself, leading to fighting the police, resulting in months of sustained combat to get your "way", you don't actually want that. You're just complaining that life would be easier if people you disagreed with were killed on your behalf, without getting your own hands dirty in the process.

That's not a desire for "civil war". That's a desire to be the one in power who's abusing that authority to stamp out opposing voices.

I'll also note that actually doing that makes you the kind of person this Omar Mateen guy was. Congrats on supporting murderous terrorism, I guess.

As politics become more and more corrupted the only way real change is ever going to happen is through violent revolt of the masses. Honestly, I want a little bit of revenge on the wealthy and corporations for forcing me to exist on slave wages.
    Violent revolution is not going to happen in a society where the vast majority of people have their needs met.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're not alone in feeling it from the man. Though, I hope instead of civil war, maybe something like fight club instead.

7+ Year Old Account
    America is doing fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Said every nation before there was a civil war.
    Before a second one? Don't think its that common.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

OP isn't talking about a civil war, just whatever little fantasy scenario to make him feel better.

also el oh fucking el, "making me exist on slave wages" get the fuck over yourself. no one is obligated to give you work. not satisfied with it? actually put the work in to make your life better. but hey, complaining on teh interwebs is waaaay easier.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2016-06-16 at 07:55 PM.

Wouldn't be as cool as the movie.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Are you willing to murder your fellow citizens to get what you want? Are you willing to be slaughtered pursuing that cause?

No?

Then there's no civil war about to break out. That's how bad things have got to get. Unless you're willing to ignore the law and shoot some corporate leaders in the face yourself, leading to fighting the police, resulting in months of sustained combat to get your "way", you don't actually want that. You're just complaining that life would be easier if people you disagreed with were killed on your behalf, without getting your own hands dirty in the process.

That's not a desire for "civil war". That's a desire to be the one in power who's abusing that authority to stamp out opposing voices.

I'll also note that actually doing that makes you the kind of person this Omar Mateen guy was. Congrats on supporting murderous terrorism, I guess.
    Congrats on supporting oligarchy dictatorship. Which is what we have in the system now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats on supporting oligarchy dictatorship. Which is what we have in the system now.
    You mean "democracy".

The country not voting how you like isn't a "dictatorship", it's you being in the miniscule minority in a democracy.

I'm also not supporting the current system, really. I'm just saying, if you're not willing to start shooting innocents in the face to get what you want, and fight the police until you're dead, you don't really want a civil war. You need to actually be willing to kill and be killed in the name of your cause, and to have a prayer of winning, you need enough of the population to agree with that cause, and be just as willing to kill and give their own lives.

I'm just pointing out that neither of those are true.

Sigh, it's not an oligarchy. People say the US is an oligarchy because of a scientific paper a scientist wrote. In it the scientist never said the US was an oligarchy.

He used the examples of gay marriage and abortion being forced on the masses by the elite. Most people on MMO-C support abortion and gay rights. So most people on MMO-C are oligarchs.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2016-06-16 at 07:54 PM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Civil Wars is one of the worst kind of wars a country could get, esp in this age, there is no winner in it, just destruction

i.e look at Syria

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamorallo View Post
    Violent revolution is not going to happen in a society where the vast majority of people have their needs met.
    America is the most unequal nations out of all the developed nations in the world. And the risk of civil war increases as inequality insreases.

Absolutely not. It saddens me you even want that.

sitting congressmen has something like 95% primary win rate, even when congress is less liked then cockroaches, until people actually start to take the down ticket elections as serious as the presidential election, things will continue as they are.