Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    Given how the story is going in Legion on beta so far, I'd almost be willing to bet its replacement will be something like this.

Either hijacking one of those Legion star destroyers, or using The Fel Hammer (the ship Demon Hunters already basically hijacked) and invading a newly discovered Legion world, and establishing a stronghold there. Slowly advancing forward on the world, taking over more areas on this world (similar to Isle of Thunder takeover). Hell, maybe even one of those previously noted "new dungeons" from patch content, being on this world, in addition to new world quests there. Would totally make sense and I bet it wouldn't be that hard to do.

Something similar to this. New legion world would be far better than Thal'dranath, which was more NE ruins.
    I'd kill a puppy to have that... but, you know, its Blizzard we're talking about. So, more realistically, its the Senseless Island for once more.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Blizzard's credibility was severely crippled by WoD. Many things that were announced were not implemented at all or done so decently and others were scrapped. The flying matter just put a grave to their PR stunts. It's very normal that people don't trust those announcements. Let's see if this time they deliver.
    I'm right there with you. I have zero faith in them. That said, the beta shows NO sign of them cutting anything that they've talked about up to this point...that I know of.

Thal'Dranath was never really talked about, though. And what they 'did' talk about in its regard, it was plain that it was meant as future patch content, not something that'd be in at launch.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Was the Ogre isle even "confirmed"? Or was it just people going into a minor frenzy we never got to visit what ever continent it was?
    No, it was never confirmed, even as a patch. People exaggerate that. Farahlon was though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortydragon View Post
    Unless We are going to Argus or something. I'm kinda disappointed actually.
    Im disappointed that you actually thought the island was going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    You can't call somebody a sucker and just expect them to be cool with it because you're now defending an opinion in some mysterious grey area. You're telling me to relax while simultaneously demeaning me simply because I'm looking at this situation pragmatically instead of hopping on the Fuck Blizzard circlejerk.
    Oh maybe you missed it early on, i don't care if someone is cool being called a sucker or not. I'm still gonna call them that though, because that's what they are, whether they like it or not. If they can't deal with it, maybe they shouldn't be one? But then, I don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna bet that whatever they have planned isn't going to compare in size or scope to Thal'Dranath, and will be a huge disappointment.
    Blizzard's cutting corners again? Yare Yare Daze...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Gonna bet that whatever they have planned isn't going to compare in size or scope to Thal'Dranath, and will be a huge disappointment.
    How would you know?

They decided to work on Farahlon instead of Tal'dranath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    No, it was never confirmed, even as a patch. People exaggerate that. Farahlon was though.
    Aye, I remember Farahlon was, just couldn't recall if the lands S/W of the map was.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Nobody thinks Blizzard hates its customers. But Blizzard, like many companies, has shareholders. And shareholders don't give a shit about the customers, they only care about profit growth.

And more zones cost since you sometimes have to hire extra people or pay people more for overtime etc. Money which could go to them, the shareholders. Also, more zones means more work, so for the people working for Blizzard that are bored with doing such but people who remain with Blizzard for money, it's great, since it means less work.
    With the Broken Isles there actually wasn't that much content announced. Not sure if you saw the thread of people who looked at the size, but it's one of the smallest expansions already. So there already isn't that much content. Yet they already cut a zone and replaced it with promises. Allow me to say that I am not happy. I'm sure Blizzard doesn't have its customers, but they don't really show they love us either with empty promises on the smallest expansion area already.
    Blizzard has done nothing but say, "Yeah, we kind of fucked up with Warlords. We understand why players are skeptical but we're doing what we can to move away from being defined by our shortcomings with this expansion." I dislike people ignoring the fact that there is a possibility that people at Blizzard understand this. These developer interviews have seemed to indicate (to me at least) they realize a repeat of WoD is a recipe for the game's ultimate demise.

Is it possible they'll still fall short? Yes. But I just don't think it's fair to use an expansion which they've repeatedly admitted they made mistakes with and use it as evidence that they haven't learned from it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Oh maybe you missed it early on, i don't care if someone is cool being called a sucker or not. I'm still gonna call them that though, because that's what they are, whether they like it or not. If they can't deal with it, maybe they shouldn't be one? But then, I don't care.
    "I'm an asshole. But don't get mad at me for being an asshole, that makes YOU an asshole."

Alright dude. Whatever.

Farahlon = cut content. Thal'Dranath = CHANGED content, they change themes and shit all the time. Doesn't mean that the content has been cut.

People need to get over this WoD-fueled tantrum already, Legion so far spells that they're really trying this time around. They dropped the ball with WoD, that doesn't make dropping the ball the norm...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-06-16 at 08:35 PM.

With the way the lore is going its very most likely going to be Argus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    How would you know?
    Because they'll look at the pixels of the Thal'dranath map and compare it to the new one and claim "SEE ITS 20 PIXELS SMALLER!" even without knowing the actual content of the zones

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    it's funny because "something cooler than Thal'dranath" is more descriptive than what we knew of Thal'dranath prior to this.

Do you really think it's gone because it doesn't have a name? Are you really that fickle?
    And why couldn't they simply change what was on Thal'danath instead? Maybe just change its shape, rename it, whatever, put different types of content? In the end, if they have something so much cooler, they could simply do something on those lines. Come out with some basic render and say "hey guys, look, we decided to rename Farahlon to "Tomb of Sargeras" and it will be a partially underground zone with all kinds of cool stuff, isn't that awesome?". And nobody would have said anything. But all the said was how they're cutting a zone in one of the smallest land expansions ever and replacing it with something we know nothing about. And them saying it's cool doesn't say anything. They thought the SELFIE and Twitter patch was cool too. I didn't. And in fact most people did not.

I hated WoD at launch, refused to buy the game and basically walked away for a few years until Legion talk brought be back. I'm the last one you could call a white knight. That said, I think you're being overly pessimistic.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but they haven't cut ANYTHING from the Legion beta that they talked about and hyped up. And that was their great Sin in WoD. Cutting stuff, deleting, removing, delaying, simplifying. But, they haven't done that in Legion.

It's that fact that makes me want to give them enough of a chance to show that they've learned their lesson from WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Farahlon = cut content. Thal'Dranath = CHANGED content, they change themes and shit all the time. Doesn't mean that the content has been cut.

People need to get over this tantrum, Legion so far spells that they're really trying this time around. They dropped the ball with WoD, that doesn't make dropping the ball the norm...
    Yeah, from what I've seen in the beta they've delivered so far. Artifacts and class halls have been fun, and the champion missions are scaled back enough from what garrison missions were I don't foresee them being much of a problem for people who didn't care for them in WoD. That's not to say that it's perfect, or that skepticism after WOD isn't warranted, but it really seems to be shaping up better IMO.

And why couldn't they simply change what was on Thal'danath instead? Maybe just change its shape, rename it, whatever, put different types of content? In the end, if they have something so much cooler, they could simply do something on those lines. Come out with some basic render and say "hey guys, look, we decided to rename Farahlon to "Tomb of Sargeras" and it will be a partially underground zone with all kinds of cool stuff, isn't that awesome?". And nobody would have said anything. But all the said was how they're cutting a zone in one of the smallest land expansions ever and replacing it with something we know nothing about. And them saying it's cool doesn't say anything. They thought the SELFIE and Twitter patch was cool too. I didn't. And in fact most people did not.
    Maybe it's not going to be connected to the Broken Isles. It could be Argus, or some other BL world. It could be Karazhan.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be interested to know exactly what the size and scope of Thal'Dranath was going to be since apparently you know about it. Be specific and provide sources. Thanks.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Because after WOD they're more cautious about revealing stuff before it's nailed down. Right now whatever they have is in the concept/design stages and could still be iterated upon. If they tell us now, then people will whine they were promised something else if it changes again or isn't what they imagined from a brief preview. It's not like we even had an idea what was going to be on this island anyway.

This thread is going places.