Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathToPlebs View Post
    I used to meet people all the time in chat during vanilla. From general chat while questing to /say when meeting someone questing in a new area which lead to us making a party and using /party and then we would make more friends and eventually make enough that we did ubrs and all used /raid. It was extremely social in vanilla and the way you respond makes me wonder if you played it.
    If it really makes you feel better I can even show you my monthly payments from that time :P (though since you felt the need to make an alt account it doesn't bother me on if you believe I played or not) But yes, I did play Vanilla, in fact I played it way more than I should've as at the time I was in college, not working and put way more time into the game than one should've really. So I was constantly in BG's, the 10-15 man dungeons and doing raids during the evening time with my guild.

So immediately the dungeons are dull and lackluster? Mythic is the only thing that wont make them boring after the umpteenth time because of the + system, but they would get boring after the umpteenth time in LFD for sure
    By the comment I was referring to after the initial running of the dungeon and going of being amazed how hit looks it'll hit that dull point. Having + system doesn't making it nonboring. It just makes it harder and more loot but you still have the same dungeon and it's not going to change it. If it magically changed the entire mobset each time then it'd make it more interesting, but it won't. People won't be running Mythic+ because it isn't boring, they'll be running it for the shinies and I'll bet anything after a month people will be bored of it, but still run it for the gear.

I never see mods on the alpha/beta discussion get so personal in threads as you do. This topic must have hit a nerve.
    Get personal? I haven't gotten personal at all. You make it sound like I'm attacking people left and right which isn't the case and nope, the topic hasn't hit a nerve at all. Unfortunately for some, I don't let posts get to that point with me :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    This chart shows exactly why I liked TBC. You had to move your ass to have access to something.
    As I mentioned earlier when someone made that same comment. It sounds nice for some end users, but for a lot it wasn't. Especially those that had to micromanage 10-40 people to make sure they had their stuff in order so they could raid and if not find replacements, etc. Whether you wanted to move your rear and do it affected a lot of people if you were going to commit to a guild for activities.

it's probably too late for such a change.. people have grown too used to the lfg tool. i imagine it'll play out about the same as the no fly experiment of WoD.

Meh I don't really care, its not like regular mythic dungeons are gonna be all that challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    As I mentioned earlier when someone made that same comment. It sounds nice for some end users, but for a lot it wasn't. Especially those that had to micromanage 10-40 people to make sure they had their stuff in order so they could raid and if not find replacements, etc. Whether you wanted to move your rear and do it affected a lot of people if you were going to commit to a guild for activities.
    At least for us it made the recruitment easier as it was easy to sort out the lazy people from the motivated players.

At least for us it made the recruitment easier as it was easy to sort out the lazy people from the motivated players.
    Yeah, but being on low populated realms didn't help that situation at all. The problems that made it worse when 1 or 2 key roles (tank/healer) couldn't make it to a raid and no one was attuned. Or if you got a new recruit later on.

Love the idea, it's time to put some RPG back in to the game, make guilds, friends matter again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Yet during Vanilla when people consider it to be at the Holiest of all Grails where people communicated constantly you saw very little chatter in game chat. When you did it was mainly two people were friends out of the 10-15 man group chatting back and forth. Raids you had people talking just like you do now.
    We were talking about 5 man groups here, and people were taking way more than currently, if only to determine CC and to discuss strategy. As for raids, there was also much more discussion due to the nature of 40 man raids (you had to come up with several discussion channels, as a single raid leader couldn't handle everything on its own).

It doesn't change the fact that expecting to enjoy group content if you don't enjoy socializing seems to be a tedious endeavor, which leads to why a lots of people are unhappy with wow currently (if you expect solo content but have to run group content, it just cannot work). The current battle system is designed to cater to solo player, but at some point the content funnel you into group play, it's an aberration and why subs have been decreasing since WOTLK. You might be more of a solo player expecting solo content, but in that case, the most sensible thing to do would be to ask for more solo content, not to ask for group content to be dumbed down to the point of not really needing to socialize (might as well run it with bots in that case, as you can do if you want in a game such as guild wars 1). If you like apple and hate cherry, you wouldn't ask for the supplier to make cherry taste like apples, you just buy apples in the first place.

Also, your attunement chart for BC dungeons is overly complex in regard to what it trully was (basically, for the most part, it only required you to complete content, but as there was a gigaton of content during BC, obviously it took time).

So no, lack of talking in chat now doesn't make it terrible. If that's the case then it's been terrible since Day 1, but everyone considering the game extremely social back then.
    Wow has never been the most social MMO out there but things were way better back in the day: back then most socials players didn't leave the game yet. It's been a while I haven't seen one of the most important requirement to join a guild to be social, as it was usual back in the day.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2016-06-16 at 12:30 PM.

Dear god its an MMO not a single player rpg like you want it to be. Suramar is one of the most fresh pieces of content they have ever made. I'm not going to waste much effort on you because you are *EDITED FOR MY OWN GOOD*. Have a good day.
    Which of three words in MMO abbreviation means "for socializers only"? "Massive" means only many players online on one server in opposition to dedicated servers, where only 10-20 players can play. MMO means "for masses", i.e. for all kinds of players. And if you don't understand, that different people have different preferences, interests and even think differently and that in order to be successive game should have content for them all - then you have to grow up first.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    Sure, exclusive to the 1% audience, what harm could it bring? just like mythic raids, that didn't break up small guilds did it?, I say to blizz go fuck yourself
    After WoD fixed Mythic raiding to 20m the amount of people doing it reduced by 66%, Blizzard are probably doing this as a way to attempt to try and appease the Mythic 10m players without bringing back 10m or lowering 20m to 15m.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Which of three words in MMO abbreviation means "for socializers only"? "Massive" means only many players online on one server in opposition to dedicated servers, where only 10-20 players can play. MMO means "for masses", i.e. for all kinds of players. And if you don't understand, that different people have different preferences, interests and even think differently and that in order to be successive game should have content for them all - then you have to grow up first.
    I prefer to look at WoW as an equal opportunity game where everyone is given the same opportunity to experience the content they provide in the manner they provide it (suramar dungeons only being mythic). You prefer WoW to cater to each specific gamer type and water down their content. 4 difficulties for everything, professions not requiring you to step outside main city (WoD profs are a fucking joke), que system for people who lack the ability to communicate ( how you people function in life I'll never know).

Remove the auto entry in dungeons and raids, leave the LFD/LFR tool or will be the end of the world for some players but, instead just being ported there they need to actually go to the entrance i would love that!

sometimes there is content that isnt specifically made for you

hard to swallow but you can either experiment with it or dont do it

Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    sometimes there is content that isnt specifically made for you

hard to swallow but you can either experiment with it or dont do it
    If game would have enough content, then there wouldn't be something wrong with exclusive content. But game currently lacks content. And dedicate whole zone to exploration only and make two 5ppls for premades only - is luxury, Blizzard can't afford.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

If game would have enough content, then there wouldn't be something wrong with exclusive content. But game currently lacks content. And dedicate whole zone to exploration only and make two 5ppls for premades only - is luxury, Blizzard can't afford.
    so 4 zones, world quests, and 7 dungeons isnt enough for you?

along with those 7 dungeons being available by lfg and not to mention lfr when it opens?

talk about needy

Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    so 4 zones, world quests, and 7 dungeons isnt enough for you?

along with those 7 dungeons being available by lfg and not to mention lfr when it opens?

talk about needy
    Great question. With every subsequent xpack Blizzard develop only fewer and fewer content. So this "Isn't 4 zones enough for you???" question looks really ridiculously. If it would be "Isn't 10 zones and 12 dungeons enough for you???", then I would agree. But 4??? What's next? "Isn't 1 zone enough for you?". Yeah?

I really hate this stage of development. I call it "Bait-and-switch time". It's when after months of testing everything seem to be perfect, but all of a sudden, when it's only 1.5 months left till pre-patch, Blizzard realize, that content isn't working and that they have make last moment negative changes, such as forcing this content on players.

Great question. With every subsequent xpack Blizzard develop only fewer and fewer content. So this "Isn't 4 zones enough for you???" question looks really ridiculously. If it would be "Isn't 10 zones and 12 dungeons enough for you???", then I would agree. But 4??? What's next? "Isn't 1 zone enough for you?". Yeah?

I really hate this stage of development. I call it "Bait-and-switch time". It's when after months of testing everything seem to be perfect, but all of a sudden, when it's only 1.5 months left till pre-patch, Blizzard realize, that content isn't working and that they have make last moment negative changes, such as forcing this content on players.
    If we want to talk about forcing content on players I think things like the inscription nonsense + blood of sargareas being BOP

I have a hunch from playing in the beta that the big worry players have will be outrageous requirements will be placed by players to get into mythic dungeons. In reality its going to be the mythic plus dungeons that bad players will ask for overgeared players and mythic dungeons wont have an issue forming groups.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually top end guilds got lazy as well. Rather than helping attune people they would just poach from other guilds. That was no better. That's why they removed the attunement for BT. Also at the start only 1 item dropped off Kael and Vash so it would've taken 25 kills to attune your entire raid.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not about the initial content released at the start of an expansion. It's about the content that is released in content patches throughout the expansion. That's where the expansions get stale and boring. WOD and Legion both have loads of expansion content. Whether they make do on the statements that more content is available for Legion content patches has yet to be seen.
    Last edited by Tharkkun; 2016-06-16 at 04:05 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Of course not, it'll just make 2 dungeons far less used. The entire notion that there will be a huge influx of players into mythic and mythic+ dungeons without a groupfinder option is just wishful thinking on the part of the devs. There will be a few people who use them on their own, but for the most part it will just be another set of content hardcore raiders will be expected to run because there's little doubt that the raid tuning will assume that these dungeons will be used to their fullest extent.

Mythic and mythic + dungeons are a misguided attempt to make dungeons meaningful again and they will be. to the players already comfortable with organized content up to the point they have better gear from raids. For everyone else, they will be as little used as heroic scenarios and the current challenge mode/mythic dungeon system.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    Given that there's not going to be a valor bribe to prop up continued participation I expect that the Mythic versions of these will be the two most underused dungeons in the history of the game.
    I have seen your kind in ZG/ZA

I doubt it,

Quote Originally Posted by Edoran View Post
    Mythic dungeons are for the 1% audience?

Have you ever done a mythic dungeon?
    No I haven't as my main does not need the gear and my alts are not 710+ ilvl to join groups