Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallowseve17 View Post
    Leper gnomes say hello.
    A stupid attempt at a trade off, there has never been moaning from the horde player base that gnomes are alliance only. You're not going to get helves because of blood elves , and trying to make even less races faction exclusive isn't a good thing. Roll a blood elf or be happy with Night elves, but the petty thinly veiled grabs at blood elves is beyond tiring, especially when people act like burning crusade was just released yesterday.

We're at the point where people are going the route of northem and actually trying to push headcanon as lore In an attempt to make their high elf demand have any semblance of sense in WoW's life time.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2016-06-17 at 04:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    So in other words I have no arguments and just throw around some utterly pointless lines, like yes we can and hope some people fall for that crap? I asked you because I want specifics, which do not ignore the boundaries blizz already laid down for that race.
    I was just quoting you. You stated they have none of these things, but the fact is, things can be changed. If I were to draw specifics, they would be entirely different than someone else's because the changes can be so broad, so varied. If you want me to give my specifics, then let's see:

-No own territory: Northern Lordaeron
    -No own culture: Less reliant on magic with very-very-little-to-no practitioners of Fel, and more Ranger and Outrunner-based.
    -No leadership: Perhaps Vereesa Windrunner or even Auric Sunchaser.
    -No distinctive features: Different model, but same basic feel. Different animations, emotes, voices, idle stance, hair styles, etc.
    -No unity: Rally behind an inspirational leader and done.
    ~~~~~

High elves are but a mere splinter of Thallassian society and so it is only fair to compare them to other splinters of Thallassian society. So as of right now there is nothing the high elves have and potentially can develop, in any field that would really set them apart from blood elves, they can hardly top liadrian zeal, be greater magi than the magisters, become better rangers than the farstriders, upping up their fel game would be meaningless as well , getting closer to nature would make them copycats of the original schism between highborne and night elves embracing nature instead of arcane. Even if they get their own source of power it doesn't change them, or their culture. Everything they have ever been has been tied to Quel'thalas and the culture they created there, so to make them unique you need to get rid of all of it.
    Which is why I stated that the High elves looking to redevelop their own society without Quel'thelas would be one of their biggest feats and challenges and would develop them as a people depending on how they take on the struggles of doing such. Furthermore, maybe trying to rekindle ties with other nations that distrust them (Night elves, some Humans perhaps, and the Draenei). The Blood elves didn't have this much characterization when it came to establishing diplomatic ties with the Horde. They were just accepted. This could be shown differently for the High elves and the rest of the Alliance who need to be more persuaded into believing they're actually in it for the cause this time.

Embracing similar magics as their Blood elven cousins does not make them copycats or redundant, because if a culture is destroyed, what else would they do other than try to preserve it? Rangers would still be around, mages would still be around. How powerful they are depends on their training, not that Blood elves would automatically be greater (that's an unfair and seemingly biased assumption to make). Instead of focusing on magic being the center of their culture, maybe focus more on abstinence from arcane magic because that is what many did after being expelled from Quel'thelas. That's not to say that arcane would be outlawed like the Night elves, but there's just less of a focus. Considering Light magic isn't addictive, maybe more mages would be inclined to be priests and paladins, having a larger chapter of the Holy Light and a smaller emphasis on mages and magisters than the Blood elves. Maybe they'd be more nature-focused, but they don't need to be able to become Druids to accomplish that.

Thus destroying what it means to be high elf, which is rather counterproductive, since they clung to that values so desperately to the point, they wouldn't drain vermin to sate their hunger.
    IIRC, High elves never drained magic from living creatures because they didn't want to liken themselves to vampires, which is why Lor'themar exiled them because he didn't want to lead a divided nation. So I don't understand what you stated in bold. Otherwise, High elves don't need Quel'thelas to be High elves, that's silly reasoning. High elves have been away from Quel'thelas for 10+ years, why does their identity still revolve around it? It shouldn't have to. Giving them a new home wouldn't be counterproductive to wha they are. Trying to survive by reestablishing their old nation somewhere else would be the very essence of what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Because High elves look like Blood elves. What subrace would be added to the Horde to compensate the Alliance getting one of their races????
    The Alliance wouldn't be "getting a Horde race."

Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    The Alliance wouldn't be "getting a Horde race."
    They would be taking player models from the Horde. Since blood elves look like high elves. Look at them in game, they look the same.

They would be taking player models from the Horde. Since blood elves look like high elves.
    Unless they gave High elves a different model.

Unless they gave High elves a different model.
    For what reason? There is no difference between high elves and blood elves aside from eye color. Make them look different and they are no longer high elves.

For what reason? There is no difference between high elves and blood elves aside from eye color. Make them look different and they are no longer blood elves.
    So a different idle stance, animations, voice and emotes suddenly makes them a different race? Much less, different race/class combos or racials? That's not sound logic.

So a different idle stance, animations, voice and emotes suddenly makes them a different race? Much less, different race/class combos or racials? That's not sound logic.
    High elves and blood elves are the same race, they just have different ideologies. It would make no sense for them to look different.

High elves and blood elves are the same race, they just have different ideologies. It would make no sense for them to look different.
    They'll look the same just with different poses, animations and whathaveyou. Let me ask, if you stand with your arms crossed and I stand with my hands at my hips, are we two different species?

They'll look the same just with different poses, animations and whathaveyou. Let me ask, if you stand with your arms crossed and I stand with my hands at my hips, are we two different species?
    Sounds stupid. I'm glad you don't work for blizzard. And i don't know what the hell you are talking about in your second sentence.

Sounds stupid. I'm glad you don't work for blizzard. And i don't know what the hell you are talking about in your second sentence.
    And now we see the inner machinations of Tripzzz's mind lol

The point is, you think it's a problem that Blood elves and High elves would have the same model, yet when a solution is found, you deny it as stupidity. Sounds reasonable . . . smh

And now we see the inner machinations of Tripzzz's mind lol

The point is, you think it's a problem that Blood elves and High elves would have the same model, yet when a solution is found, you deny it as stupidity. Sounds reasonable . . . smh
    Your solution is shit. I find it sad you honestly think high elves will be playable. Keep dreaming.

Your solution is shit.
    Sounds like someone just hates any idea involving playable High elves . . .

I find it sad you honestly think high elves will be playable. Keep dreaming.
    Despite the fact that Blizzard is considering them as a sub-race. O-kay . . .

Sounds like someone just hates any idea involving playable High elves . . .

Despite the fact that Blizzard is considering them as a sub-race. O-kay . . .
    It will be considered and then promptly denied when they take into account faction balance.

It will be considered and then promptly denied when they take into account faction balance.
    They most likely thought about it before, considering it's the only argument that's going against them. Considering this, they still mentioned them as a viable sub-race.

In the end, I'm able to live with High elves being unplayable. On the other hand, you make it seem like it's the end of the world if they made any compromise to their playability status lol. Honestly, that's what's sad.
    Last edited by cmats4020; 2016-06-17 at 05:41 AM.

They most likely thought about it before, considering it's the only argument that's going against them. Considering this, they still mentioned them as a viable sub-race.

In the end, I'm able to live with High elves being unplayable. On the other hand, you make it seem like it's the end of the world if they made any compromise to their playability status lol.
    I don't want a possible new playable race slot to be taken by High elves. I would rather see Ethereals, Vrykul or maybe Arakkoa. If Alliance got Ethereals(which is my #1 pick) and added High elves as a subraces in addition to the Ethereals, I would be ok with that.

Faction balance would be a huge issue but adding Vrykul to the Horde could help somewhat. It still wouldn't be enough so they would need to add undead elves like Sylvanas as a forsaken subrace.

There would be a fuck ton of stupid elves running around everywhere, but as long as I could play an ethereal I wouldn't care.

Horde: Vrykul (new race) and Undead elves (sub race)
    Alliance: Ethereal (new race) and High elves (sub race)

This is how I would implement new races with faction balance being the primary concern. It is well known humanlike races are the most popular because of their "looks".
    Last edited by Tripzzz; 2016-06-17 at 05:50 AM.

If Alliance got Ethereals(which is my #1 pick) and added High elves as a subraces in addition to the Ethereals, I would be ok with that.
    Okay, well we can agree on that.

Horde: Vrykul (new race) and Undead elves (sub race)
    Alliance: Ethereal (new race) and High elves (sub race)

This is how I would implement new races with faction balance being the primary concern. It is well know humanlike races are the most popular because of their "looks".
    I actually don't mind this at all, but I know many vocal players would state that the addition of High elves and Forsaken elves would be too many elves lol. Otherwise, I can agree with this line up.

Okay, well we can agree on that.

I actually don't mind this at all, but I know many vocal players would state that the addition of High elves and Forsaken elves would be too many elves lol. Otherwise, I can agree with this line up.
    Fuck elves I hate them all. There is already too many imo, especially with DH being elf only. But I would tolerate it for playable Ethereals. Fuck I should work for blizzard. I think my choices are the best for making the most amount of fans happy.

Insect race like the mantid would be cool. They could be unaffected by terrain.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

I think my choices are the best for making the most amount of fans happy.
    That's what compromises are all about

That's what compromises are all about
    Cool, now all blizzard needs to do is make it happen.