Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Because I don't have "time" to form a group.

Because I don't want some raid leader to ask for unrealistic requirements.

Those type of excuses always made me lol.

Create your own group you lazy casual whiners!
    what exackly are making you lol ? that its pure truth ?

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    what exackly are making you lol ? that its pure truth ?
    Constant denial that basically 90% of the playing population just wants to group up with friendly strangers and go kill some shit and not be harassed by a bunch of whiny tryhard buttplugs.

Wow, this is actually a GOOD Jaylock thread oO.
    Those ppl crying about wanting to queue for everything simply are those ppl who either:
    -Live in their basement
    -childs whose parents said not to talk to strangers
    -Guys whose wives would divorce, if they talked to anyone else

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    Constant denial that basically 90% of the playing population just wants to group up with friendly strangers and go kill some shit and not be harassed by a bunch of whiny tryhard buttplugs.
    This is surprisingly spot on. Except it relates to the people we have expressed concern about , and not the group you think it does.

90% of the community just wants to kill shit and get a shot at some gear. Meanwhile, 10% are tryhards that demand 735+ to run a mythic 5 man.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Wow, this is actually a GOOD Jaylock thread oO.
    Those ppl crying about wanting to queue for everything simply are those ppl who either:
    -Live in their basement
    -childs whose parents said not to talk to strangers
    -Guys whose wives would divorce, if they talked to anyone else
    Sure thing. What's that wet puddle on your bed sheets?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    First of all: Holy shit, a Jaylock thread I can relate to!

I wish they never introduced the LFG tool, group finder is fine as you would still need to form the group, communicate and actually travel to the dungeon yourself. The simplifications over time has eradicated the need for social interaction in terms of building a team and getting through content.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    This is surprisingly spot on. Except it relates to the people we have expressed concern about , and not the group you think it does.

90% of the community just wants to kill shit and get a shot at some gear. Meanwhile, 10% are tryhards that demand 735+ to run a mythic 5 man.
    I just want to play the game with some chill out motherfuckers who are OK with dealing with some inexperienced players as long as they exhibit signs of being able to learn, and everybody in the group is committed to having fun more than doing the speedruns that they learned during beta.

I think what I want is what the game ought to be, if it's not a game for tryhard assholes, and I don't think that's ever been WoW's target audience.

I do understand that Blizzard wants us to play the game in friendly groups, but depending on what server you're on, it's not trivial to find those groups. So you wind up playing with strangers. Back in Wrath those folks were generally don't-give-a-shit let's make some corpses and see how it goes groups, but these days, random groups are exactly the people who don't want to play with in random groups.

took me a bit to realize what you were saying. Maybe you should remove the snark and rudeness out of your OP if you want to ask a sincere question?

I think you are talking about people wanting a group finder for content to make it easier to form groups

See the problem is that you are making up stuff for the sake of insulting people. You shouldnt do this as its extremely rude and disingenuous to yourself and other people. you should strive to understand the other side and ONCE you've done that, you can judge if it is reasonable

People want these things because they dont want to expose themselves to unnecessary vitriol and rejection over the course of a long playtime spent simply on trying to find those people.

I havent been active with my guild in Draenor much but i know during the last of MoP our main tank was constantly trying to get into groups for heroic and mythic raiding. Sure enough challenge mode, raids, and all content would only look for people to carry them. He'd frequently have multiple pieces with a high ilvl than the content he was doing, just for the chance at 1 epic or to raise his general gearscore. But because his gear avaged out to be...Above what was required he'd get rejected. Because it wasnt high enough.

So when people form groups themselves they have 100% say. And so they want to reject anyone they fear might make the dungeon/raid more difficult and seem to prefer doing nothing unless it means getting players that outgear them.

People dont want to spend 2 or 3 hours looking up group finder groups to be told that "no you cant come because you are also a warrior" "your ilvl isnt high enough" " we want people who outgear this place and dont need any gear". And even if you DO find a group you can encounter small groups ninjaing loot, thinking they can distribute all the loot how they want not letting any pugs get any, and expect people to know the fights better than they themselves.

when it comes to group finder that is all possible. except for a few things such as the loot situation and it being very rare to find a single group in a majority enough to kick who they want. See EVERYONE adheres to the que and the only thing you can do if you dont like the group is leave or kick someone. This DOES lead to a few large groups of people who kick whoever they want but more freqently in my experience the decent people kick the trouble makers.

Basically speaking you are insulting people because they dont want to spend half an hour to several hours trying to just get a group only to be treated like shit, when they'd rather have a match making system that forces people to work together for a common goal, with motivation for staying and working it out.

The warcraft matchmaking system is far from perfect but that in and of itself is somethign people want blizzard to work on.

To be quite frank if we want to not have to rely on a que system then we need to work on our community and take back the game from jerks.
    I'm sure you KNOW how terrible people can be and people have every right to not want to expose themselves to that kinda vitrol when they are playing this game to have FUN!
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Blyght View Post
    That feature is in the game since Dragon Soul, it's call LFR and was at its best during MoP, Dorumu included.

You need to get off your high nelly, not a single poster here advocated for queues to Heroic+ raiding. The question was why do players prefer queuing over grouping. Pretty sure a lot more players would group if the community wasn't full off ass hats, as it stands queuing is preferred.
    So LFR exists. What are you guys complaining for then?

Whaa whaa whaa... LFD/LFG/LFR/UnknowGuy69 killed WoW community... No, players did that all on their own. one bad apple spoils the bunch as they say.

Whaa whaa whaa... Remove these things from *MY* game... Queues have existed since Vanilla. Yes, since vanilla. Check it out, http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Meeting_Stone, not exactly the "one button system" we have now but queues were there.

Whaa whaa whaa... If you try to PuG you're Anti-social/Have no friends/Un-guilded/Dumb as a rock/<Insert random barb to provoke reaction> Not all guilds run alt runs, don't just make assumptions you'll just end up making an ass of yourself. Unless you like people to think you're an ass in which case carry on.

I think some people are jaded or just trying to be obtuse. But whatever, queues or no queues, whiny bitches won't spoil my day, and I'll continue to play the game my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zordrage View Post
    people that can do it and understand it will keep queuing and succeed ( there are ALLOT of people that could do the raids all the way to heroic with ease the only reason they wont because the tons of issues that are allready got posted here mainly all the entitled "leet" kid with their stupid demands + the HUGE wait time it would take to set a group together.

those that cant stop and go for lower difficulty sooner or later.
    OK try this. Start a heroic raid group with your own ilvl requirements, lower than what those "leet" guys ask. You will get enough random people in less than 1 minute, so basically same group that you would have if it was queuable. I am pretty sure most groups will fail miserably if there is no RL.

The problem with LFG/LFR isn't the convenience, it's the difficulty. If we take a look at FFXIV that has a similar system for queable content their version is a lot more unforgiving, but the community have adapted around it instead of the other way round. You have to learn, you have to communicate when things don't work as they should and sometimes you need to help other players understand the mechanics.

With LFR specifically I think there's one issue that's more harmful than anything else and that's the size of the group. It's impossible to get something organized going and in such a huge crowd you can often enough just not do your job and the raid will still succeed.
    I think LFR should be shrunk down to 10 players, up the difficulty a bit and maybe tune the matchmaking in such a way that players that outgear the content don't trivialize the encounters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blyght View Post
    Whaa whaa whaa... LFD/LFG/LFR/UnknowGuy69 killed WoW community... No, players did that all on their own. one bad apple spoils the bunch as they say.

Whaa whaa whaa... Remove these things from *MY* game... Queues have existed since Vanilla. Yes, since vanilla. Check it out, http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Meeting_Stone, not exactly the "one button system" we have now but queues were there.

Whaa whaa whaa... If you try to PuG you're Anti-social/Have no friends/Un-guilded/Dumb as a rock/<Insert random barb to provoke reaction> Not all guilds run alt runs, don't just make assumptions you'll just end up making an ass of yourself. Unless you like people to think you're an ass in which case carry on.

I think some people are jaded or just trying to be obtuse. But whatever, queues or no queues, whiny bitches won't spoil my day, and I'll continue to play the game my way.
    really, comparing a meeting stone with a LFD queue ?
    by all means, keep playing the game YOUR way ;p
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    First of all: Holy shit, a Jaylock thread I can relate to!

I wish they never introduced the LFG tool, group finder is fine as you would still need to form the group, communicate and actually travel to the dungeon yourself. The simplifications over time has eradicated the need for social interaction in terms of building a team and getting through content.
    Even if LfD were to disappear overnight, people would still not communicate beyond "Inv pls" or from the group-leader's side "Soz full", they would still sit 3 continents away from the dungeons whining to be summoned, and they would just as quickly drop group over any of a laundry-list of real or imagined problems, leaving you to find (and of course summon :P ) replacements the old-fashioned way, so basically the way things are now, but more cumbersome.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    really, comparing a meeting stone with a LFD queue ?
    by all means, keep playing the game YOUR way ;p
    Yes, because Meeting Stones coupled with the Inn Keeper's Gossip function were a precursor to the current LFD queue, just like queues for pvp were done by talking to Battle Masters. Just because LFD has evolved into it's current iteration as a UI Function means very little.

It's a sad mentality.

The argument is that "it's a game, not a job" so people want quick access and instant gratifying experiences which die down just as fast.

The feeling and sense of accomplishment is gone. You barely feel anything anymore when you run a dungeon or get a piece of loot or even finish the legendary quest.

It's just a "ok, I'm done" feeling and not the "YYEEES!" feeling.

After working for 8 hours a day and then needing another 2-4 hours for all the family/house obligations, a person might not be in the mood for forced socialization.

Try to always understand that many people live their lives MUCH more differently than you, with very different needs and capabilities.

People of all kinds love warcraft... many grew up playing warcraft/blizzard games, and are happy just to see the basic LFR/LFD and questing aspect of WoW.

For me, there is a couple of issues with LFR. I don't think that LFD is at all problematic, because it only automates what we would do anyway in most cases when looking for a dungeon : invite the first 5 people who are interested and fit the role. So in that regard, it's fine. The fact that they change to aoe dps fest within 5 days of release is sad, but ultimately inevitable, as the player base overall average ilvl increases.

LFR though is another beast. Unlike LFD, it does not follow the natural forming of groups. I agree that it should be reduced to 10 players and made significantly harder. The difficulty is not arbitrary, but when you slay the baddest of the baddies so easily, you lose interest, that's just basic psychology. I'm not saying make them so hard that even mythic raiders have to progress them, but make it so a random group of 10 appropriately geared people will struggle. Only through cooperation and communication they will overcome the problems and that makes for an awesome feeling, believe it or not. Second, the gear. It's obvious that on order to keep people interested, they also need some external motivation, and that's provided by character progression. It's hard to make LFR gear relevant with 4 difficulties, but I would be bold and make LFR drop the exact same gear as normal or even heroic, but make it way rarer to get a piece, maybe not even 1 per week.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Anyway, LF should probably be phased out and players forced into being social. Yes, forced. It's good to be social and mingle. You'll feel better after you conquer your fears - after all, nothing can happen to you on the Internet.
    That's not easy for everyone. Even for those whom it is easy, being forced to be social all the time gets tiring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jerichofr View Post
    - Want to be able to dictate who sees what
    - Want other players to worship them
    - Have god complexes over a video game.

There we go.

Just to be clear, these things are not new, they were here since Vanilla. But before Blizz gave players LFX, players knew that:

"I can be as much of an asshole to players 'beneath me' as I want to be, but they can't do anything about it because they need me to invite them to my raids."

Which was horrible. It was the initiation into bullying. Able to give all the bad jokes they wanted? Able to attack players about their bad DPS and gear? Able to give all the "learn to play" insults they wanted?

Many players did. Many players actually understood the system and when asked for help by less-experienced players, told them to go to thottbot and to look it up becuase they were too busy standing in IF and SW and Shatt trying to show off their 'leet' gear to help anyone.

Anyway, LF should probably be increased and players that want to use the old ways to find groups still can. No, never forced. It's good to be social and mingle, and it's good to have options for people that don't want to deal with these elitsts that are upset they can't rule them all anymore. You'll feel better after you realize that you can't control everyone and don't always have to be a jackass on the Internet.
    Well said. I dealt with all of this and more back in the day. I'm glad we don't have to anymore.

The MMO is dead! Long live the MMO!