Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Well as I said before.. this is absurd.
    So does "Russian threat to Baltics". Why would we attack Baltics? What do we have to gain from it? At least in Crimea case there were multiple decades with hundreds of billions investments in military infrastructure. In Baltics all old Soviet infrastructure is already destroyed.

Ok, lets assume NATO would attack Russia.
    Then their entire expansion makes sense. Otherwise it doesn't; there are still no conceivable way to defend Baltics despite their membership. Their best use seems to be "tripwire" - "justify NATO attack" in case they would need justification.

Russia could just nuke Europe if they cant win the war by conventional means. Theres nothing to gain from that.
    US would be the one deciding here, and they are well-known for their "Fuck the EU" attitude...

Your fear that NATO would attack Russia, is the dumbest shit Ive ever read on this forum, we value peace in our countries far more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Your fear that NATO would attack Russia, is the dumbest shit Ive ever read on this forum, we value peace in our countries far more than anything else.
    You fearing that Russia would attack Baltics or Poland and thus justifying NATO build-up there is on the same level of stupidity.

If people here don't understand the problem with an alliance (not one country, but a bunch) who was created just to counter you, stationing troops and equipment right on your borders, then there is nothing more to talk about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Russia has shown its still as aggressive as always by attacking Ukraine, which is good enough to justify a defensive pact.

Not that the U.S is any better, but good thing no other NATO country is forced to take part in any operations outside defending NATO countries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    You fearing that Russia would attack Baltics or Poland and thus justifying NATO build-up there is on the same level of stupidity.
    Russia has shown its willing to attack other countries in the recent years, meanwhile NATO is only a defensive pact. It seems you're a tad confused.
    Those countries have every rigth to distrust Russia because of the history of those countries.

Seriously, people double-think is astounding...

NATO is there to deter Russia. To deter Russia it has to be seen as a threat (after all, West is the one who says that diplomacy wouldn't work with Russia - something we disagree with).
    Then suddenly when Russia says "We see you as threat and will respond accordingly!" (exactly what you need for deterrence to work!) people go "What threat? No, we're entirely peaceful! Thinking that we're threat is ridiculous!"

It's one or the other, guys. Either you're threat or you're not. There is no "in this case we're threat, in that case we're not threat" - those assumptions can change quite rapidly. All that matters is your capability.

Well after hearing that Russia may be Expelled from Euro Soccer
    And Russia may be banned from the 2016 Olympics

And the Ukraine WON Eurovision with a copied song ahead of my Australian (Dammmi IM)

Plus the MH17 Shoot down 3 years ago... NO Proof it was the Russians

In my smart double University degree Opinion:

RUSSIA is being Blamed for things it has not done

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Russia has shown its willing to attack other countries in the recent years, meanwhile NATO is only a defensive pact.
    ...that attacked way more other countries then Russia in recent years. So defensive, wow.

It seems you're a tad confused.
    So do you.

Those countries have every rigth to distrust Russia because of the history of those countries.
    And we have every right to see NATO as threat because of their history and respond accordingly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    And if you fear that Russia would attack Europe?

Deleted
    Meh, I don't really think it's likely to happen. Ukraine and Crimea was a rather special case that had been boiling for decades. Besides, the rebels in Ukraine have a pretty solid reason they want to leave Ukraine and I definetly understand them. Crimea is a different can of worms though.

I reckon the West esp some countries in Europe
    and the USA are starting to propagannda the Russians as the "UGLY BEAR"

"You calling me an ugly bear"

Martina Sharapova Russian Tennis Star

"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Well after hearing that Russia may be Expelled from Euro Soccer
    And Russia may be banned from the 2016 Olympics

And the Ukraine WON Eurovision with a copied song ahead of my Australian (Dammmi IM)

Plus the MH17 Shoot down 3 years ago... NO Proof it was the Russians

In my smart double University degree Opinion:

RUSSIA is being Blamed for things it has not done

1. Because of seems to endorse, even defend, it's hooligans starting riots for no reason what so ever.
    2. Because of state-sponsored doping on a huge scale.
    3. How is this even remotely relevant? I know it was bullshit that Ukraine won that, but the song itself brings up a serious issue in Crimea about the Crimean Tartars, who are treated like shit by the ethnic Russians. If you don't know how or why, then you need to really look into it and see for yourself.
    4. THere's plenty of proof it was fired by Russia and in the least fired by a Russian air defense piece.

I know there's a smearcampaign against Russia, just as Russia tries to smear Europe for even more. In fact, I support the rebels cause to leave Ukraine, even if their methods for doing so can definetly be questioned. I do not support Russias annexation of Crimea and the whole ordeal is corrupt as fuck. But Russians victimcomplex is absurd. They see slights and conspiracies in everything.

Martina Sharapova Russian Tennis Star

"
    U kremlin / putin bot?

Deleted

You talk about how you think things aren't true and then you go on to blatantly make up a lie. Good job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    And we have every right to see NATO as threat because of their history and respond accordingly.
    Don't you see how absurd it is to think that either Russia or NATO starting a war of occupation on one another? NATO is utterly incapable of doing such a thing. If anything, the things they've been involved in the previous decades should demonstrate their hillarious inability to do anything right or excert any kind of power. NATO invading Russia? Don't be absurd. They can't even invade a third world country. The mere notion that NATO could ever occupy Russia is BEYOND absurd.

Meanwhile, Russia would gain absolutely nothing but making the entire world it's enemy a hundred times over if it invaded anyone else. It wouldn't simply be to shoot itself in the foot, it'd be like shooting off the lower part of your body. It's not gonna happen.

OMG everyone now hates Russia

Im no fan of Putin..
    but I think the West is now more left & communist than Soviet Russia was.

Deleted
    .... uh? How.... how do you mean?

Deleted
    At least most Western leaders seem to have no delusions about Russia. It's an unpredictable rogue nation led by KGB butchers after all, not a "normal" country, and no lasting agreements or treaties can be expected to be upheld by Russia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    At least most Western leaders seem to have no delusions about Russia. It's an unpredictable rogue nation led by KGB butchers after all, not a "normal" country, and no lasting agreements or treaties can be expected to be upheld by Russia.
    Of course, reality is a different thing but sure...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Rogue = not blindly following US commands?

KGB butchers? What are you smoking?

Not upholding treaties? Isn't that like the other way around? Nato countries are the ones breaking treaties.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am surprised by the methods that people ignore the information and leave themselves with a feeling of absolute rightness. The argument is not beneficial to me?Its from Russian sources? Call propoganda/putin bot and forget.