Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Because I do not want to waste time sucking up to people like you. The queue is convenient and more importantly, impartial. I do not have to go through a examination by some random person to be judge if they consider I am good enough to join them in their little adventure.

Until people like you stop looking down at other players who you feel inferior, I much prefer to use the random queue.
    it has nothing to do with your inferiority complex. it is simple math. if you are a dps, for you to do your share and not be carried by the group you need to provide a certain amount of damage, healing, or all the things tanks need to do. gear is a simple place to start when trying to determine if a player is capable of pulling their fair share in an encounter. An even easier way is to confirm that they have done more than once before. Yes, AOTC means nothing because it can and has been purchased. It is also account wide so no proof that you can perform the role you are coming to play. So right back to gear, armory, and prior kills. Nobody looking for a filler in their weekly raid team wants someone they have to explain every fight to.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Im genuinely curious about this mentality. The whole: "If a queue is not available for me, I won't participate"...

Why even play an MMO if that is the type of game you want?

I don't understand how people have a desire to play WoW or any other MMO, but don't want to interact with other players to get stuff done in the game, or to participate in content in a game. Wasn't the whole premise of an MMO that you were going to be expected to interact with other players to play the game optimally, as the genre (MMO) suggests?

I'd argue that the whole game doesn't have to be Queueable. The game can still be plenty accessible to all types of players with parts of it not available to be queued into.

People who have this mentality, please help me understand why you feel this way? Why does the game have to revolve around your wants and desires of it being a complete queue fest?

People who don't feel this way, what is your argument for having all types of content, specifically content that is unable to be queued for?
    honestly, for me its to be able to quickly participate without having to deal with everyone's personal requirements of what kinda of party each party is going to be - an auto queue allows for universal requirements to be met everytime i join it and that causes parties to form much quicker and able actally play the content of the game instead of the game of party making...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    I don't understand where your logic is coming from but the queue is just a faster way to get a group together period.
    You might not of been around for vanilla where it took litterally 2 hours in trade chat to look for people or if you got people and got to the dungeon and they dropped your group was then either doomed or had to go back into trade chat which meant hearthing and getting a summon back. That was what it was like and it was hellish. all you people who dont like LFR or group finder or any queue system... you don't know what it was like. This queue system is evolution.
    1) Yes I did play vanilla and TBC, they were the best times in the game ever.

2) See below.

This is a moot point now that there is a tool specifically designed to put groups together CROSS REALM. It has never been easier to form groups than right now. There is no "literally 2 hours in trade chat to look for people" (and by the way, that is a highly over exaggerated line of bullshit that the LFR crowd loves to throw around, as if it really took people 2 hours to find a group.. yeah, i was on a medium pop realm in TBC and it never took me 2 hours, 15 mins? yeah for sure, but not 2 hours as there were plenty of other people wanting to run dungeons back then).

7+ Year Old Account
    It seems that a lot of players are angry and frustrated over the "unrealistic" gear expectations on group finder listings. In my mythic dungeon pugs, I ask for a minimum of 700 ilvl, however if there is a choice between a 720+ geared player and a 700 player in the queue, why should I bring the 700 player? At 700 ilvl, even if they are a great player, they will make it harder on everyone involved ESPECIALLY if they are a tank or healer. I think the players that are complaining about not being able to queue for content need to consider making a few friends, asking guild mates or creating a group themselves. And saying that you don't want other people to "control" your experience is bullshit, this is an MMO, a game meant to be experienced with others, if you want a single player experience go play SWTOR.

Quote Originally Posted by kilrans View Post
    It seems that a lot of players are angry and frustrated over the "unrealistic" gear expectations on group finder listings. In my mythic dungeon pugs, I ask for a minimum of 700 ilvl, however if there is a choice between a 720+ geared player and a 700 player in the queue, why should I bring the 700 player? At 700 ilvl, even if they are a great player, they will make it harder on everyone involved ESPECIALLY if they are a tank or healer. I think the players that are complaining about not being able to queue for content need to consider making a few friends, asking guild mates or creating a group themselves. And saying that you don't want other people to "control" your experience is bullshit, this is an MMO a game meant to be experienced with others, if you want a single player experience go play SWTOR.
    MMO simply means a persistent world with many other players in it. MMO does not mean (by any stretch of the word) that you MUST play with those players. There is NOTHING in the definition of MMO that says you MUST be a social butterfly or that you MUST kiss some random group leader's ass to get an invite.

Queuing systems > Group Finder/finding a group manually any hour, any day, any week, any month, any year.

(Also, TBC/Classic's ways of getting groups sucked.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    What is left of the playerbase has been spoiled by Blizzard offering such rubbish. Now they demand it. Queable content has been one of the major downfalls of the game when it comes to group building and cohesion.

- - - Updated - - -

there you go talking for a vocal minority and calling them a majority again.
    To be fair, im okay with some stuff being queueable. Im okay with there being a normal version of most dungeons being queueable. Heroic is really just normal for max level, its just called heroic because that what that difficulty of the dungeon has evolved to over the years (it was not the case in TBC).

I also think there should be content created that is NOT available in a random queue system. It gives players who want to put in a little more effort something to do and look forward to, and those who don't want to put in the effort, they don't have to.. they just wont see that small bit of content. I am not okay with the "queue fanatics" demanding that the whole game revolve around them and demand that every piece of content be available via a 1 button queue. Its a very selfish mentality imo, and I don't understand it.

Pleas explain why any serious group would want to risk taking a player who does not know the content specially when their class is overly represented? By not knowing I mean have not completed. What is the incentive of a group to take you over another player who has completed the content, who will take less gear away from their guild members, who will not need to have every fight explained and possibly be THAT GUY who causes unnecessary wipes? It is funny that you should mention hand holding. Because that is exactly what you are asking for groups to do when you do not meet minimal requirements.
    Dial back your tone

I wouldn't ordinarily go to the effort of defending myself but, you don't know me and you certainly don't know whether or not I am "THAT GUY" unless you are clairvoyant. I simply offered up the armory of one my alts as an example of the types of players that get shut out of content by players that exhibit similar views as you. There's no evidence to suggest I need my hand held, or don't know wtf I am doing when I play said alt.

The fact that I come to a WoW Fan Site and post on such sites should tell you I person willing to go the extra mile. Granted posting on a web site is not proof of anything but neither is your fallacious analogy of me as a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    To be fair, im okay with some stuff being queueable. Im okay with there being a normal version of most dungeons being queueable. Heroic is really just normal for max level, its just called heroic because that what that difficulty of the dungeon has evolved to over the years (it was not the case in TBC).

I also think there should be content created that is NOT available in a random queue system. It gives players who want to put in a little more effort something to do and look forward to, and those who don't want to put in the effort, they don't have to.. they just wont see that small bit of content. I am not okay with the "queue fanatics" demanding that the whole game revolve around them and demand that every piece of content be available via a 1 button queue. Its a very selfish mentality imo, and I don't understand it.
    no one is demanding anything, they are simply stating what they would enjoy - just because i say i enjoy horror films, doesnt mean i am demanding ALL films be horror, same goes for WoW, just because i say i enjoy having all group content in WoW having a queue doesnt mean i am demanding that all group content in wow to be in a queue

it has nothing to do with your inferiority complex. it is simple math.
    It has nothing to do with inferiority complex. But continue to insult people. It seems like a hobby to you and comes naturally.

If you and people like you requires everyone to be inflated gear requirements and prior experience to clear a group content, that seems to suggest you have a problem with clearing those contents without those requirments.

I'm sure that most of the people that complain about not getting into groups are people that barely meet the minimum reqs posted, if at all.

Think of it. Would you take someone with no experience over someone with?

Queues are okay... however it's good that you have to group for anything with >trivial difficulty.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    I'm sure that most of the people that complain about not getting into groups are people that barely meet the minimum reqs posted, if at all.

Think of it. Would you take someone with no experience over someone with?

Queues are okay... however it's good that you have to group for anything with >trivial difficulty.
    Agreed 1000%

Quote Originally Posted by kilrans View Post
    Agreed 1000%
    I get denied invites from groups at 743 ilvl more than I did at 715 :/

7+ Year Old Account
    The queing system is a nice feature to have, and i think that the instant teleport to dungeon is the best part of it. But i do also think, that people who use the argument "If i can que for it, then fuck it!" are completly nutjobs. The world have worked before without having to que with people, and it will proberly work if it was removed.

Perfect version of queing? Mix LFD teleport with the LFG system. Let players control their own invites, but let people teleport around to make it fast and easy to use during lvling People can even just put auto-inv on if they don't like talking to people.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    The queing system is a nice feature to have, and i think that the instant teleport to dungeon is the best part of it. But i do also think, that people who use the argument "If i can que for it, then fuck it!" are completly nutjobs. The world have worked before without having to que with people, and it will proberly work if it was removed.

Perfect version of queing? Mix LFD teleport with the LFG system. Let players control their own invites, but let people teleport around to make it fast and easy to use during lvling People can even just put auto-inv on if they don't like talking to people.
    so basically the lfd tool

10+ Year Old Account
    People saying shit like "If you don't play play the game like _____, just play a different game." are an endless source of entertainment. Queuing is such an obvious evolutionary trait to MMOs that threads like these--especially concerning WoW, which is literally built for quick instancing--boggle the mind.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    so basically the lfd tool
    The LFD tool puts you together with people, which you have no choice in picking. You might be together with pros or completle noobs. This will proberly still happend with LFG invite system, but people will feel like they have more control and power. Right now, they have a dungeon section in LFG, but it is unused because LFD is simply just faster and gives more rewards. By removing LFD, and putting more gains into LFD + the teleport, i think it will make the LFD rage slow down quite a bit. It also gives more control during the dungeon run, when somebody can quickly kick a troll or AFKer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Televators View Post
    People saying shit like "If you don't play play the game like _____, just play a different game." are an endless source of entertainment. Queuing is such an obvious evolutionary trait to MMOs that threads like these--especially concerning WoW, which is literally built for quick instancing--boggle the mind.
    Queing is quick, it is effective and it is easy to use. But does it create a good community? Quite the opposite. I think the game can afford to sacrifice a bit of the speed in exchange for some better community work.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

As much as I do find the current playerbase you usually encounter in queued groups to be soul destroying the feature itself is a much needed one. I mean I don't have any friends or guildmates or family in the game to play with so I tend only to really deal with these. I remember the pain and suffering of putting together a low level group in order to see content prior to the LFD tool during Vanilla and TBC if you weren't playing with others or had friends.

It was a long arduous process that more often than not would take upwards of an hour of constant searching to find players who would sometimes stick around but mostly just leave as soon as they got what they came from and rather than simply pressing a button to replace them you'd have to stop what you were doing, trek back to the nearest home city and spend another hour searching for someone.

Personally I'd love to be able to see more of the game than beyond the LFD/LFR tool without having to wait till the expansion is two behind the current one rather than having to fight my way into a condescending group of elitists who demand you be the develops gift from beyond in order to even grace their group with your presence. However taking away LFR/LFD isn't likely to change anything save drive people away and it won't bring back a sense of community.

(ye gods I'm so lonely.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blyght View Post
    Dial back your tone

I wouldn't ordinarily go to the effort of defending myself but, you don't know me and you certainly don't know whether or not I am "THAT GUY" unless you are clairvoyant. I simply offered up the armory of one my alts as an example of the types of players that get shut out of content by players that exhibit similar views as you. There's no evidence to suggest I need my hand held, or don't know wtf I am doing when I play said alt.

The fact that I come to a WoW Fan Site and post on such sites should tell you I person willing to go the extra mile. Granted posting on a web site is not proof of anything but neither is your fallacious analogy of me as a player.
    Here's a hint, don't try to join groups on an undergeared alt. There's a reson the members of a particular group you might try to join are looking for players on par with their item level. Its to reduce the chance of failure. The group finder tool is a means of finding people to run PUG content with. Sometimes it produces friendships and thus leads to guild creation / guild recruitment. That is awesome. But you have to see it from the eyes of the person forming the group. They know absolutely nothing about you other than your character ilvl. They don't know if you know the fights. They don't know if you have been in the dungeon or raid before. They don't know anything about you. You could lie and type in your note that you have a main that you are 13/13 mythic HFC. How would they know you are not lying? Therefore ilvl is the only way they can make an informed judgement on your skill level. And if you whine and complain to the forums that you want all content queueable because "no one will take me" from the group finder tool... its because you are trying to get into groups that are out of your league, and whether you like it or not, if you are a 700 ilvl char trying to join with a group of 720+ ilvl players, you are being carried no matter if you know the fights or not.

Do you like carrying other players? I would guess, probably not. Do you want to spend time to explain fights and discuss strategies? I would say it depends on the situation. If you go into a raid with the thought that you are going to be patient and train new players, then yeah you might like it. But if you are going into a raid just wanting to breeze through it with other players of similar skill, you cant be arsed with training nubs who are wanting carries.

So don't act like the victim and try to say you aren't "THAT GUY" because most certainly you are. Again, nothing wrong with being an undergeared alt, but dont play the victim when you arent invited to a group because you are expecting to be carried to tons of purple pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    The LFD tool puts you together with people, which you have no choice in picking. You might be together with pros or completle noobs. This will proberly still happend with LFG invite system, but people will feel like they have more control and power. Right now, they have a dungeon section in LFG, but it is unused because LFD is simply just faster and gives more rewards. By removing LFD, and putting more gains into LFD + the teleport, i think it will make the LFD rage slow down quite a bit. It also gives more control during the dungeon run, when somebody can quickly kick a troll or AFKer.

- - - Updated - - -

Queing is quick, it is effective and it is easy to use. But does it create a good community? Quite the opposite. I think the game can afford to sacrifice a bit of the speed in exchange for some better community work.
    Oh so a lfd tool you can lord over. Gotcha.
    And the LFG dungeon section is highly used, that's where you get mythic groups.
    You basically want to be rewarded for finding a group yourself. Nah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Video games were invented so that we could play against a machine. Having all activity queable doesn't take anything away from people who want to organize their own groups for greater rewards. I don't play wow to socialize. I play wow because I like wow. I don't want to socialize with most of the people who play it. Its bullshit that the two dungeons are only available in mythic. I pay my monthly sub like everyone else.
    I agree with Asmongold here:

https://youtu.be/Xalviq_y0TE?t=354

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    no one is demanding anything, they are simply stating what they would enjoy - just because i say i enjoy horror films, doesnt mean i am demanding ALL films be horror, same goes for WoW, just because i say i enjoy having all group content in WoW having a queue doesnt mean i am demanding that all group content in wow to be in a queue
    And I agree with you on this. As long as we are on the same page as what I bolded in your statement.