Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    Yeah the Alodi stuff was off, not so much her message to him just the character, Alodi was the first Guardian but he was a half elf male, they seemed to have combined him with Aegwinn, Medivh's mother which I don't really see the logic behind.
    I was wondering who Alodi was. The first guardian eh? They should have just made it Aegwinn, as that's who they apparently intended it to be.

I've been thinking some more about what this movie could have done better. The main thing I think is the (male) orcs. They really should have made them more human looking. Look at the LoTR/Hobbit movies. Most of the dwarves in those movies don't really look like Tolkien describes them, but for a live action movie they actually look better. Also I never played WC3, but I've looked at some of the cinematics on youtube and the orcs there look far more human than the orcs in the movie.

Should they have just gotten some bodybuilders and slapped some green paint on them a la the 1980s Incredible Hulk TV series? Probably not, but if they had made them more human proportioned they would have looked better I think and they could have reduced the reliance of CGI (which still has its limitations).

Eh I'm fine with the huge cgi orcs, there's a huge difference between Warcraft orcs and Tolkien orcs, it should be the way it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    Yeah the Alodi stuff was off, not so much her message to him just the character, Alodi was the first Guardian but he was a half elf male, they seemed to have combined him with Aegwinn, Medivh's mother which I don't really see the logic behind.
    Alodi in the movie is a different thing altogether from the first guardian. Alodi is the black cube. Glen Close is just a manifestation of it used to communicate with Khadgar.

Alodi in the movie is so ancient the Kirin Tor don't even know what it is. It is from a time before the guardians, and perhaps served a similar purpose to them.

Eh I'm fine with the huge cgi orcs, there's a huge difference between Warcraft orcs and Tolkien orcs, it should be the way it is.
    Fair enough. Although I was talking about how dwarves were handled in the Tolkien movies (Tolkien never described what the orcs looked like at all). In the books I think the dwarves were described as looking pretty much like the CGI dwarves we see (briefly) in the warcraft movie. However in the Peter Jackson movies they made the dwarves more human looking, and mostly used camera perspectives to make them look short, which I think was the right idea.

Deleted
    Well Duncan said there won't be an extended edition and we'll only get some scenes as extra features.

Pretty much confirms no sequel and the end of Warcraft.

It's been a pleasure guys, but it's over...

GG

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wickys View Post
    Well Duncan said there won't be an extended edition and we'll only get some scenes as extra features.

GG
    Just checked his Twitter, didn't see anything saying that. Give a source or GTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    Just checked his Twitter, didn't see anything saying that. Give a source or GTFO.
    You have to look pretty hard https://twitter.com/ManMadeMoon/stat...39679950479361

- - - Updated - - -

Tis a shame, doesn't even seem like Warcraft will break 400M
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

GG

I for one wouldn't miss it. It would have been another heavily CGIed, expensive movie no one outside of fandom would have understood or cared for. All said and done, one has to wonder just what Duncan Jones brought to this film. Ofcourse movie will return some profit so no one will regret making it.

That doesnt mean no sequel

Did you guys even read the question he responded to? He asked if the HOME VIDEO RELEASE, as in the the upcoming, pre-purchaseable DVD will include an extended cut.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    I for one wouldn't miss it. It would have been another heavily CGIed, expensive movie no one outside of fandom would have understood or cared for. All said and done, one has to wonder just what Duncan Jones brought to this film. Ofcourse movie will return some profit so no one will regret making it.
    I saw it with 7 people, 3 of which never played warcraft, 1 of those 3 is slow. She understood the movie... You have to be pretty fucking stupid not to understand the movie.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Deleted

GG
    He didn't say so. The decision likely hasn't been made yet. Don't be such a bloody doomsayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post
    Even tho I found the movie "meh" and don't understand the overrating there seems to be on this forum, seeing arguments about "failed physics" when you are in an invented universe tends to make me laugh a lot.

The planet isn't even earth, why would you think our physics apply to them?
    Because they move the same. The surface gravity is then the same, and we know how humans act and move in 1 g.

Quote Originally Posted by Astronom View Post
    I was wondering who Alodi was. The first guardian eh? They should have just made it Aegwinn, as that's who they apparently intended it to be.

I've been thinking some more about what this movie could have done better. The main thing I think is the (male) orcs. They really should have made them more human looking. Look at the LoTR/Hobbit movies. Most of the dwarves in those movies don't really look like Tolkien describes them, but for a live action movie they actually look better. Also I never played WC3, but I've looked at some of the cinematics on youtube and the orcs there look far more human than the orcs in the movie.

Should they have just gotten some bodybuilders and slapped some green paint on them a la the 1980s Incredible Hulk TV series? Probably not, but if they had made them more human proportioned they would have looked better I think and they could have reduced the reliance of CGI (which still has its limitations).
    Perhaps the bacground orcs could be played by tall muscular extras with heavy make up while the main orcs could be done wit h CGI.
    Although, yes I do think that they could make the orcs slightly smaller while still maintining their savagery and raw power.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    I saw it with 7 people, 3 of which never played warcraft, 1 of those 3 is slow. She understood the movie... You have to be pretty fucking stupid not to understand the movie.
    I really don't get where all this 'non-warcraft fans don't/won't get the movie' is coming from. It's a pretty fucking simple story, and I've heard multiple non-warcraft fans say the same. It seems like most of this is in fact coming from Warcraft fans just assuming this. Sure they won't get all the nuances or deeper understanding of where everything comes from (which isn't necessary), but they will get the plot of THE MOVIE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Because they move the same. The surface gravity is then the same, and we know how humans act and move in 1 g.
    Are you aware that there are dragons and gryphons and the likes which shouldn't even be able to fly or maneuver so well in flight like they do? They are WAY too heavy and don't have tails like rudders (like birds). So I don't really think '1 g' goes very far in explaining this FANTASY world, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    The campfire scene on Draenor sounds like a good example of missing character development
    Scene between Orgrim and Durotan may have been my favorite, where Durotan was first considering a temporary alliance with the humans.
    Horseshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather

GG
    Be my guest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    This terrible planet of pink-skinned freaks.
    Thought I had after seeing Warcraft, what if film Alodi was a Naaru? The Kirin Tor had no clue what her prison was, implying she was not the first Guardian of Tirisfal. She seems to be fading into shadow, and claims she is darknening. And finally, she explains to Khadgar the Naaru/ Void cycle, "From Light comes Darkness, and Darkness comes Light".

What if, for this film continuity, Alodi isn't a Male Elf because this Alodi is actually a Naaru?

Even the name Alodi is similar to the naming structure of the other Naaru.
    Last edited by naabu; 2016-06-18 at 01:02 AM. Reason: adding something

Tbh, even if they made 10 sequels to this i doubt they'd ever even touch on what the naaru and void lords are so i doubt that's the case. I could be wrong though.

GG
    Source for this claim?