Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Because lonely fat woman market likes to watch anything with her in it. She grabs a special niche that few others can.
    And this is why these movies fail. Nobody's interested in a lab movie based on demographics and ratings. When you have decided "Oh, this is going to be a family movie" that's where your demographic study should fucking end. Beyond that, just make a fucking good movie and try to not totally bomb at the office with some bullshit like pampering to some bullshit sociologists idea of a perfect demographic rating scheme...

Why does GoT rock the boat these days? Because Martin doesn't give a shit about an easy story, because he kills main characters and shocks people because the story demands it. Fuck the pampering, give us real grit, or a good plot twist, or a genuinely funny comedy. Heck, even proper slapstick is better than tryhard bullshit like some of these movies are. I love Sandler, but some of his movies are just pathetically unfunny because they try too hard.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

They are taking a unique franchise and trying to capitalize on the whole female craze going on. That's why. There's no reason to change iconic characters genders just because a group is butt hurt.

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    It hasn't even come out yet. Looks to be a decent movie but all those dislikes on YT and social media like what is the problem??
    The movie may turn out to be great, but here's why I have "a problem" if you could call it that, with the film.

The series/film did not need to be remade. There are so many great individual ideas that could be explored and brought to life on the big screen, instead the company chose to remake a movie that is all ready celebrated in it's original form as being an excellent film. There was no need to remake a film and obviously gender-wash it. I have no idea how fighting ghosts is going to empower women (which is what some media outlets are reporting).

Stood in the Fire ImEveryCliche's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just watched the trailer for the first time with an open mind.

-Had that feeling i get when watching a comedy where i brace myself for the upcoming laugh.....it never came.

- Melissa McCarthy is still the most one dimensional, un original and plain cringe worthy female actress I know. I can think of plenty of female comedians who could replace her.

- The film acknowledges the original movie and then seems to completely disregard it and rehash the same story instead of something original. Screams for a cash grab.

- One of the best things about the original cast was each members humour was a bit different, so you could relate to each member differently. This cast seems monochrome and blur together seeming very stale.

Pretty sure the movie will bomb. You can't redo a popular classic and half ass it, then expect people the happily swallow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Risale View Post
    Well put.
    This could have been a great movie if they did it from a standpoint of them being the daughters of the original cast, passing the torch so to speak, but nope they make this movie which most likely be a bigger disaster then that last fantastic four movie.
    It won't be a flop unfortunately. The Feig/McCarthy circle jerk will carry it to profitability.

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    They are taking a unique franchise and trying to capitalize on the whole female craze going on. That's why. There's no reason to change iconic characters genders just because a group is butt hurt.
    Very accurate, this is the same feeling I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I don't really care for any of them. McCarthy is just the worst. She has not done anything that was even remotely funny. How she keeps getting work is a mystery.
    I like Wigg.... kinda got a crush on her, my skew my judgment of if she is actually any good at her job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I fear Gozer might bang you instead... I was legit scared of Gozer. Dat voice! ARE YOU A GOD?
    Even still....
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    It won't be a flop unfortunately. The Feig/McCarthy circle jerk will carry it to profitability.
    I'd place an actual wager that it won't surpass the original movie with adjusted box office net profit.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Deleted
    Setting aside the fact that I generally dislike changing existing character to anything else, especially to make them more PC. The movie is just pure garbage and downgrade from the original.

Hollywood Reboot (or Remake as the people behind this have zero clue what they were going for.)
    Rough choices for stars
    A shit looking script and jokes (It's like they kidnapped a Wayans and forced him to write another "X movie" movie. A recent one)
    Negative criticism being blamed on misogyny
    Pointless gender flips
    Threadbare pandering to nostalgia
    Murray "blessing" this (Not trusting this after Cameron and Genisys)

Mix all that together and you have a genuinely shitty looking film.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Even still....
    Well, it is a god... could be worse, eh? Could be one of those lapdogs... ZOOOOOL... another scary bit of the movie. Man was it good... I need to rewatch it when the new one comes out in protest celebration of it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Because they replaced the original cast/characters with women, not because it makes sense or people wanted that but because the moviemakers thought they'd be 'progresive'.
    I don't think most people aren't hating on the female cast, they probably wouldn't favor a new all-male crew in a new Ghostbusters movie either. People don't see a need to reboot it, because the original has become a timeless classic, and there is no way this will be better. It has a chance of being a decent comedy at best.
    Mother pus bucket!

I'd place an actual wager that it won't surpass the original movie with adjusted box office net profit.
    Unless something amazing happens, it'll (bare minimum) make the money back and get a sequel. Hollywood has been learning how to manufacture shit a little more efficiently each time.

To me it just seemed in previews that they were trying too hard to be funny, and ultimately wasn't funny. Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely going to go see it. If it however being released with the intention of this SJW BS, I probably won't go see it.

Well, it is a god... could be worse, eh? Could be one of those lapdogs... ZOOOOOL... another scary bit of the movie. Man was it good... I need to rewatch it when the new one comes out in protest celebration of it. :P
    Should get an international group going, world wide people hire venues and have screenings of the original movie on the same night. See which draw the most people.

Deleted
    For starters the trailer perfectly embodies everything wrong with "American comedy"; It's some sort of slapstick/Fart comedy. I don't even know what to call it. Adam Sandler comedy? That's the most accurate term I can come up with. I swear to god these comedies must be made with a mold. They're all exactly the same and they're all garbage. This isn't even the problem. Tons of these crap movies are produced every single year and we hear nothing about them because they are dead on arrival and everybody knows it and nobody gives a crap. Yet, this piece of shit has managed to stay in the spotlight for months because of some perceived controversy around an all female cast. There's no fucking controversy. The movie is just clearly shit and that's the only problem so why the fuck are people still talking about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is an original ghostbuster not an executive producer on this?
    Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greats heroes, you're still only mortal!

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Hollywood Reboot (or Remake as the people behind this have zero clue what they were going for.)
    Rough choices for stars
    A shit looking script and jokes (It's like they kidnapped a Wayans and forced him to write another "X movie" movie. A recent one)
    Negative criticism being blamed on misogyny
    Pointless gender flips
    Threadbare pandering to nostalgia
    Murray "blessing" this (Not trusting this after Cameron and Genisys)

Mix all that together and you have a genuinely shitty looking film.
    You leave the Wayans out of this!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I don't think most people aren't hating on the female cast, they probably wouldn't favor a new all-male crew in a new Ghostbusters movie either. People don't see a need to reboot it, because the original has become a timeless classic, and there is no way this will be better. It has a chance of being a decent comedy at best.
    This is really my main gripe. they could've continued the reboot 30 years in the future, with (some of) the old cast sending them off. That would have changed the setup dramatically in favour of this movie. Essentially invalidating the first movie by redoing the story in a sleazy crude humour way is just... disrespectful. And that's the actual proper word of why I'm actually hating on it so much right now. It's disrespecting the original movie. That's my take on it.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Rey was awful. Just awful. Jyn looks like she'll actually be a good female lead in Rogue One though.
    Totally agree she was terribad. I liked the new mad max tho Furiosa is badass!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.