Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    You have the option to commit time and be social. You also have the option to not.
    You choosing to not commit time and not socialize is your decision, and noone elses.
    this is a short term and waaaaay to easy thinking. its the same like blizz says "oh noes, we are not responsible for our community". but they are. because the tools and the environment you give to the people, will form the setup of what happens. players WILL use anti social tools, if they get a benefit of it, wether its time, lazyness or whatever. but that doesnt mean, they would not like the overall experience way more, if they cant do that.

to just say "then dont use it" is just stupid. humans dont work that way. its like you say "hey, myth raid items in lfr for everybody" and then you can look what happens with that game. there you could also argue "hey, just dont get items from lfr, have fun and play myth". and nobody will do. and everyone will be bored. and everybody understands why. but that dont change what happens.

in short: your point of view here is dumb and short term. players need carrots on a stick. thats the reason why blizz doin all the things they do in Legion. they learned that simple truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    this is a short term and waaaaay to easy thinking. its the same like blizz says "oh noes, we are not responsible for our community". but they are. because the tools and the environment you give to the people, will form the setup of what happens. players WILL use anti social tools, if they get a benefit of it, wether its time, lazyness or whatever. but that doesnt mean, they would not like the overall experience way more, if they cant do that.

to just say "then dont use it" is just stupid. humans dont work that way. its like you say "hey, myth raid items in lfr for everybody" and then you can look what happens with that game. there you could also argue "hey, just dont get items from lfr, have fun and play myth". and nobody will do. and everyone will be bored. and everybody understands why. but that dont change what happens.

in short: your point of view here is dumb and short term. players need carrots on a stick. thats the reason why blizz doin all the things they do in Legion. they learned that simple truth.
    I don't play solo. Even when questing by myself on the beta, I'm hanging out with my guild.
    Social interaction isn't something that can be forced.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Classic deflection.
    Yeah, if you wanna tell yourself that - whatever? It's just quite hopeless when you're talking to people about something that's clearly way over their head. You don't understand analogies and I think you're also quite confused as to who actually said what at this point. There are people like that out there, I accept that.

I like queues. But, I also play in a legacy guild which does not use them very often, so, not a big deal either way to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    I'd much rather play the game non-optimally and have fun than be a cookie-cutter player like everyone else.
    So edgy.

Meanwhile Blizzards continued efforts to make everyone player "cookie-cutter." At this point either a player is playing the game or intentionally griefing. Dont like an activity then dont participate in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    MMO, short for MMORPG, has the word game in it. It's something to play and have fun with.
    Most games have rules, challenge to overcome and an objective: win or at least score the highest possible, doesn't matter if it's chess, football or a quiz. But obviously someone can "play" an MMO same as children "play" Barbie dolls: no rules just fool around. But that's not a definition of "game".

"Fun" is obviously wider definition, you can have "fun" while doing whatever not necessarily participating in a game.

I help those that help themselves. If you honestly believe that asking in trade will yield better results than googling, well you too, deserve a healthy dose of ridicule.
    The goal in the game that attracts the large audience isn't to surf the net, watch videos, read strats, optimize your character, et cetera.

What attracts the large audience is trade chat that isn't full of trolls and pricks. The vast majority of players, if they are going to play content that requires coordinated groups, want laid-back social guilds. Civilized trade chat and social guilds aren't much of a thing in WoW these days.

The game should be immersive. You should never have to leave the game in order to get good advice.

It annoys the fuck out of me that on the one hand, Blizzard continues to assert that WoW "is best played with friends," and continues to create content for 5+ player groups; and on the other hand, the past 6 years of the game have eliminated almost all social guilds.

Blizzard has a definition of "friends" that excludes almost all actual friends.
    Last edited by Foj; 2016-06-22 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You make no sense. If you ever took a look in the Group Finder Tool, you would see right now that there are multiple (as in MANY) groups being formed for Mythic WoD dungeons. You are wrong.
    I know everything you post is just to annoying people but you started this thread. Can you not even stick to your own bollocks? This thread is about queueable content. What has Mythic dungeons got to do with queueable content content? Can you queue for those now? If not you are having a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    The goal in the game that attracts the large audience isn't to surf the net, watch videos, read strats, optimize your character, et cetera.

What attracts the large audience is trade chat that isn't full of trolls and pricks. The vast majority of players, if they are going to play content that requires coordinated groups, want laid-back social guilds. Civilized trade chat and social guilds aren't much of a thing in WoW these days.

The game should be immersive. You should never have to leave the game in order to get good advice.

It annoys the fuck out of me that on the one hand, Blizzard continues to assert that WoW "is best played with friends," and continues to create content for 5+ player groups; and on the other hand, the past 6 years of the game have eliminated almost all social guilds.

Blizzard has a definition of "friends" that excludes almost all actual friends.
    The internet is full of trolls and pricks, news at 11. Trade chat will be no different.
    Do you want to wade through trolls and pricks for a chance of getting the right information or would you rather directly search the information?

Social guilds killed themselves. Blizz didn't kill shit.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    100% BS. Cata LFR was much closer to WoD Normal in terms of difficulty than to WoD LFR, and yet people learned how to do them.
    Um no, cata lfr was conplete and utter joke, largely due to the fact that the gap between required ilvl and drop ilvls being so tiny
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    I know everything you post is just to annoying people but you started this thread. Can you not even stick to your own bollocks? This thread is about queueable content. What has Mythic dungeons got to do with queueable content content? Can you queue for those now? If not you are having a laugh.
    Your previous post suggests that no one likes to form their own group for content and that everyone only likes to queue up, which is complete bullshit because AS I STATED BEFORE, there are several groups at all times of the day where people are grouping up in the group finder tool. The fact that 2 (T.W.O.) dungeons are not on the random queue tool is a great change because there is a large portion of the playerbase that in fact hates the queue system and would rather be social and form a group with their friends / guild / server / or using the group finder tool.

Game. Set. Match.

Your previous post suggests that no one likes to form their own group for content and that everyone only likes to queue up, which is complete bullshit because AS I STATED BEFORE, there are several groups at all times of the day where people are grouping up in the group finder tool. The fact that 2 (T.W.O.) dungeons are not on the random queue tool is a great change because there is a large portion of the playerbase that in fact hates the queue system and would rather be social and form a group with their friends / guild / server / or using the group finder tool.

Game. Set. Match.
    If this mythical large portion of the player base don't like random queues then Blizzard would never have added them. They would have been a superfluous addition. By the time your several groups (lol) were looking for people how many random groups do your think had been formed?

Checkmate!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    If this mythical large portion of the player base don't like random queues then Blizzard would never have added them. They would have been a superfluous addition. By the time your several groups (lol) were looking for people how many random groups do your think had been formed?

Checkmate!
    btw a "large portion" doesn't necessarily mean "overwhelming majority"

20-40% of the playerbase is still a large portion.

Socials guilds nowadays are not much different to those when I started playing in TBC. Guild chat consisted back then of "hi, bye, ding, gratz" and people asking for free stuff: gold, bags, crafting mats, boosts in low lvl dungeons so they can level up faster etc., some people could ask for a group for hc dungeons but barely anyone had interest at specific time. People used to pug a dungeon try to add tank and / or healer to friend list and nag them every time they saw them online and wanted to run another.

"Social guilds" usually bothered more to discuss football or make random pointless drama than actually organize events, an even if they tried it usually was a mess (people saying they will come then they didn't etc.) If I remember correctly in game calendar sign ups were a way later addition so it was hard to track who comes for what unless you were at least semi-serious guild with a website.

Also I was once in a guild that was planned to be a raiding guild (not purely "social guild") but was built on the premise to gather all friends of officers and bunch them together. "Playing with friends" sadly has the downside many "friends" have less / more time, less / more skill, different timetables when they can play and different interests (for example some didn't even care to raid they wanted to pvp mostly). The guild went to hell because despite people made it from a circle of friends the interests of those involved didn't really meet.

Sometimes you have to accept your buddies are cool people to chat with but playing with them is either trying to force them to do what you want and they don't or sacrifice yourself and do what they want and not you yourself because interests are different. I think in the end the compromise is talk to your friends but play with likeminded people who have the same goals in game. "We're friends so we have to do everything together" works mostly in preschool.

10+ Year Old Account
    btw a "large portion" doesn't necessarily mean "overwhelming majority"

20-40% of the playerbase is still a large portion.
    This.

logic and math are hard for @Deadite

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Socials guilds nowadays are not much different to those when I started playing in TBC. Guild chat consisted back then of "hi, bye, ding, gratz" and people asking for free stuff: gold, bags, crafting mats, boosts in low lvl dungeons so they can level up faster etc., some people could ask for a group for hc dungeons but barely anyone had interest at specific time. People used to pug a dungeon try to add tank and / or healer to friend list and nag them every time they saw them online and wanted to run another.

"Social guilds" usually bothered more to discuss football or make random pointless drama than actually organize events, an even if they tried it usually was a mess (people saying they will come then they didn't etc.) If I remember correctly in game calendar sign ups were a way later addition so it was hard to track who comes for what unless you were at least semi-serious guild with a website.

Also I was once in a guild that was planned to be a raiding guild (not purely "social guild") but was built on the premise to gather all friends of officers and bunch them together. "Playing with friends" sadly has the downside many "friends" have less / more time, less / more skill, different timetables when they can play and different interests (for example some didn't even care to raid they wanted to pvp mostly). The guild went to hell because despite people made it from a circle of friends the interests of those involved didn't really meet.

Sometimes you have to accept your buddies are cool people to chat with but playing with them is either trying to force them to do what you want and they don't or sacrifice yourself and do what they want and not you yourself because interests are different. I think in the end the compromise is talk to your friends but play with likeminded people who have the same goals in game. "We're friends so we have to do everything together" works mostly in preschool.
    My guild is fairly casual, 1-2 raid nights a week. Cleared all content and we basically just dick around playing heroes of the storm or overwatch outside of raid nights.
    That's what a social guild is. Raid or not we still hang out. Content or lack thereof wouldn't stop us from hanging out.

Seriously? IDTS.

My guild is fairly casual, 1-2 raid nights a week. Cleared all content and we basically just dick around playing heroes of the storm or overwatch outside of raid nights.
    That's what a social guild is. Raid or not we still hang out. Content or lack thereof wouldn't stop us from hanging out.
    Exactly. It's just hard to sustain and especially form a social guild on a backwater "medium" (now called "low" because apparently no one at Blizzard realizes that saying you are on a "dead" server that is actually not quite dead is a bad thing) population server, been that way for 4-5 years. Except for the golden days of the 2nd half of MoP, social guilds have had no reason to exist in the supposedly "game that is best played with friends" since Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    Seriously? IDTS.

Exactly. It's just hard to sustain and especially form a social guild on a backwater "medium" (now called "low" because apparently no one at Blizzard realizes that saying you are on a "dead" server that is actually not quite dead is a bad thing) population server, been that way for 4-5 years. Except for the golden days of the 2nd half of MoP, social guilds have had no reason to exist in the supposedly "game that is best played with friends" since Wrath.
    It's just like living in a shit backwater town. Life is a lot different if you want to live in the middle of nowhere. Less job opportunities, less leisure activities. A lot of the people who formed "social guilds" were just people riding the easy content bandwagon, and not necessarily "social guilds"

It's funny how you mention the 2nd half of MoP. Things havent changed since then. Why are those the golden days?

Im genuinely curious about this mentality. The whole: "If a queue is not available for me, I won't participate"...

Why even play an MMO if that is the type of game you want?
    Because they don't have to justify themselves to people like you?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

This.

logic and math are hard for @Deadite
    Yeah i have no rebuttal for made up facts and figures. 85% of people know that 96.3% of people prefer random queueable content. I am 79% certain about that.