Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well, I guess I'll step up and be the "internet" since everyone else is being calm about it.

OMG WTF BBQ! Blizzard ruined my life and the game. This nerf is MASSIVE..OMG.... /Rolls on floor crying hysterically

How was that?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Not clicking your video so cash goes into your pocket. Blizzard would've already nerfed those old raids if it was a problem for them.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Not clicking your video so cash goes into your pocket. Blizzard would've already nerfed those old raids if it was a problem for them.
    But this isn't his video?

OT: This was to be expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given we'll no doubt be able to solo MoP raids with much more ease by the time we hit 110, I doubt the loss of a few gold here and there from Cata raids will be a catastrophic gold dip.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

MoP raid gold was nerfed pre-emptively as well. Considering MoP content doesn't benefit from the scaling damage bonus of prior content it won't be worth doing just for the gold.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    You mean botters. Do you think the normal people getting a few thousand gold a week from these raids matches the amount of gold botters get in a single day?

Punishing people for playing the game, before they punish those who don't(botting) or very little(sitting on AH all damn day), is beyond stupid.
    They're nerfing old raids because it presents no challenge and no player interaction, showing more that the game is deserted than it is. Obviously they want to take people out of farming old raids whenever possible.

Botting generally does not cause inflation, as they almost always (unless they farm old raids...) farm stuff to sell on the AH which, as I said, actually combats inflation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Well, I guess I'll step up and be the "internet" since everyone else is being calm about it.

OMG WTF BBQ! Blizzard ruined my life and the game. This nerf is MASSIVE..OMG.... /Rolls on floor crying hysterically

How was that?
    Very good channeling of ironic internet talk from 15 years ago. You must be one of those 40+ people who try to be hip.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Very good channeling of ironic internet talk from 15 years ago. You must be one of those 40+ people who try to be hip.
    Thanks, I wasn't sure how it was done. But since he did mention it at the end of the video and no one else stepped up to the plate, I thought I'd give a shot. I'll try to get to at least 2010 standards. It hard to keep up with all the cool new buzz words you kids have today. I'll try to work "beta", "cuck", "SJW", "regressive" "microagression" in there next time

Now it's time for a tall glass of Ensure with some metamuscil mixed in. hmmm tasty!

10+ Year Old Account
    Entirely expected. Every expansion (excluding BC perhaps) have nerfed old content gold gains from dungeons/raids.

Why is this big news now?

7+ Year Old Account
    They're nerfing old raids because it presents no challenge and no player interaction, showing more that the game is deserted than it is. Obviously they want to take people out of farming old raids whenever possible.
    This isn't true at all. They discourage botting yes, but the developers have openly supported players that enjoy soloing old content. Why else would they add things like Raiding With Leashes? Running old content can be fun, it's not a distraction from lack of other content.

Someone did the math.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._gold_farming/
    Specifically, Item values in old content was reduced by the following amounts at the time of this video (sourced in video by a tweet from @nightstalker314):
    MoP -23%
    Cata -25%
    Wrath -23%
    TBC -15%
    Classic -5%
    Loot gold from bosses remains the same, making this less that a 25% nerf specifically for cata. Applying these numbers the given example from the video for Black Wing Decent is 1492g for live, vs 1309g for Legion. He then reminds the viewers that you will be killing bosses significantly faster in legion, so gph is generally unaffected.
    So not that bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    They're removing gold rewards from garrison missions too

10+ Year Old Account
    Except the mindless farmers are the ones responsible for inflation. If anything it's those who ought to be penalized. Trading keeps the economy alive and fights inflation (through the AH 5% cut), whereas pure gold farming directly adds gold to the pool (inflation).
    Trading results in 99% of a servers wealth landing in 1% of the server's populace. Players who aren't dedicated to playing the AH can instead farm gold through raids and the like. Note that unlike real life, WoW DOES have measures in place to greatly damper inflation, through the BMAH and gold sinks.

Also note that WoW has been suffering inflation for FAR longer then even Wrath. It was occuring in Vanilla, simply because the 5% cut from the AH is extremely tiny compared to the gold gain from just casual play/questing, with the exception of expensive vanity items that sell for hundreds of thousands of gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did little farming or even garrison for a long time across some 15 characters and still made 4 million gold for basically doing very little. I sure once Legion comes and goes I will easily double that, maybe in triple it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    MoP raid gold was nerfed pre-emptively as well. Considering MoP content doesn't benefit from the scaling damage bonus of prior content it won't be worth doing just for the gold.
    The scaling capability essentially causes you to have the same damage/health numbers as you did pre-squish. If the squish never happened, players would currently have ~10 million HP right now, and would be doing ~5 million dps.

MoP was "squished" at the exact same rate as the rest of the game, so the scaling buff is unneccessary. While not counting mechanics (Galakras and Spoils being impossible to solo, for instance, and Dark Animus/5th HoF boss being extremely hard to solo), the rest of MoP will be easily solo'd come Legion. Hell, even quite a bit of WoD will be solod, with Gorefiend and Mythic Blast furnance likely being the only exceptions due to mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I get the cata nerfs. But why nerf the BC/wotlk/vanilla ones, which I've read are getting the same 25% nerf too. Barely make any gold from them as is.

From the looks of it, they're just working to maintain the status quo. Instead of grinding Cata raids for the gold, we'll be grinding MOP raids for the gold. if they didn't nerf the Cata raid gold drops, the inflation in the game would get even worse than it is now.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Since its only a 25% nerf its whatever really.

With the gold ill be making from Cata Raids,MOP raids and WOD content ill be fine.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

This happens every expansion recently doesn't it?

For my weekly Firelands - DS - Throne of Four winds, I found it to be, on average, a 13% Gold loss. Not really that big of a deal.

Botting generally does not cause inflation, as they almost always (unless they farm old raids...) farm stuff to sell on the AH which, as I said, actually combats inflation.
    BOTTING DOESN'T CAUSE INFLATION???? Where does that gold go? Do you know how much gold you can get from not playing the game(botting)? You need to educate yourself about it before you make yourself look even sillier. Or, maybe you don't know what inflation means. Wouldn't surprise me honestly.

No player interaction? With other players you mean? Yeah, and what's garrisons? You know... The thing they had you sit in for an entire expansion.

They want to take people out of old raids? Yet they put other incentives into those old raids like pets, music, mounts, transmog, etc.

Your arguments are absofuckinglutely terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.