10+ Year Old Account
    Have already voted remain but wish i voted exit, just to see the after effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Have already voted remain but wish i voted exit, just to see the after effect.
    British money laundering schemes will fall apart and the London city will go bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    There are also studies about how people tend to vote on things that aren't even up for voting on in referendums.

The studies about getting the correct answer without expert knowledge (on average) is about advising someone, not about voting on something.
    No, it's actually about objective knowledge. And if all else fails, it's a question of properly educating the voting base about the issues. Something that has been neglected for far too long.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    British money laundering schemes will fall apart and the London city will go bust.
    Not in your lifetime.

So no need to worry, you can still get your dream job of cleaing offices that you've always wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    So no need to worry, you can still get your dream job of cleaing offices that you've always wanted.
    It's an honest way to earn a living. Unlike your job, to swindle hard working people out of their savings with lies, financial machinations and hidden interest rates.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an honest way to earn a living. Unlike your job, to swindle hard working people out of their savings with lies, financial machinations and hidden interest rates.
    I deal with people that own ships, yachts, planes and helicopters, so I doubt they are giving me their life savings.

And I do not charge interest on instalments.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I deal with people that own ships, yachts, planes and helicopters, so I doubt they are giving me their life savings.
    So they stole the money from honest people and you are helping them launder it. Its the same bottom feeding dishonest profession.

It has to be expected as Thatcher starved the last British people who knew what an honest days work is.

10+ Year Old Account
    So they stole the money from honest people and you are helping them launder it. Its the same bottom feeding dishonest profession.
    How would they launder their money in my profession? You seem to know a lot about it.

Deleted

https://twitter.com/tanit/status/745728889952034816

If this doesn't convince England to vote Remain, I don't know what will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post

Is that a desperate play to get people to vote remain or just a joke?
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    This is nothing, British citizens trying to get German passports have tripled. Yes, that means in one local office the number went from 4 to 12 per year. IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!

Hope you have a good referendum day. Make it out... um, count. In. Vote in. Not out. Out bad. But if you do go out, I'll still talk to you. We'll want our football players back, though. So say goodbye to half your premier league players.
    Last edited by Slant; 2016-06-22 at 10:45 PM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    We'll want our football players back, though. So say goodbye to half your premier league players.
    You can have Mertesacker, but we are keeping Mesut.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post

Haha

As an aside though, are they really THAT frightened of what will happen if we vote leave?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-36603311

Now if only that second paragraph were true

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Since I posted this an apocalypse appears to have descended upon us (SE UK) We have thunder, lightning, torrential rain and my cat has managed to wedge himself under a chair to the point that it's feet are off the floor.

Perhaps I shouldn't bad mouth the BBC again.
    Last edited by Koyoti; 2016-06-22 at 11:16 PM.

So, if the vote comes up for "Brexit", does anyone believe the government will actually agree to leave the EU?

This is just a referendum to see what the publics opinion is ONLY - There isn't actually ANYTHING thats' binding or that even implies that the government will have to follow along with whatever decision is made. It would make them pretty unpopular; but it's not as if they'd really care.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    If the UK stays in the EU, would they finally switch to the Euro? Is kinda nice to have Europe with a single currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    If the UK stays in the EU, would they finally switch to the Euro? Is kinda nice to have Europe with a single currency.
    About 0.1% chance of that happening. It's too valuable for a country to be able to set its own monnetary policy. Part of the problem with the Euro is that the eurozone is not integrated enough as it is and doesn't have a fiscal union (ability to affect budgets of nation states) and the UK government is not going to give away more powers to the EU.

Today is June 23rd, this mean TODAY is the day you vote!
    Please don't say you're not voting because your voice won't be heard and all of this bs. Your vote counts and is pretty vital, I posted in this thread being unsure but I think I'm going to vote remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    No. This has been in a discussion quite a lot over the years, but we will LOSE money if we switch to Euros. It's too risky.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    So, if the vote comes up for "Brexit", does anyone believe the government will actually agree to leave the EU?

This is just a referendum to see what the publics opinion is ONLY - There isn't actually ANYTHING thats' binding or that even implies that the government will have to follow along with whatever decision is made. It would make them pretty unpopular; but it's not as if they'd really care.
    They will yes, Conservative Party would be destroyed if that happened

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post

If it's 55/45 to Leave then I don't think that's a strong enough mandate for change no. If it wins by as much as 60/40 though then that's going to be alot harder to resist though.