7+ Year Old Account
    i think that were also all forgettnig that king Robb left a will that legitimized john and made him his Heir in the books.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Sure, but he was just a raging nerd when he did it.

She actually has all that stuff.
    Now she can fulfill her father's last whises and "buuuurn them aaaaall!!"
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

If the Northern houses pick Jon as King of the North does that auto-legitimize him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Davos Seaworth View Post
    Wonder how a Tyrion - Sansa reunion would go down.
    He was always good to her in KL.
    Tyrion+Everything reunion would be great. He was also good to Jon and Bran. He'll probably get Daenerys in full support of the Starks. Then there's Pod, Bronn and Jaime reunions (thought that last one might not be pretty).

There's nothing more I want than Tyrion just interacting with people in Westeros.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    He'll probably get Daenerys in full support of the Starks.
    Yeah, I don't think that this will happen.
    I think Dany hasn't forgotten that the Starks aided Robert in rebelling against Aerys... Unless she learns about Jon's parents, I don't see her supporting the Starks.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Yeah, I don't think that this will happen.
    I think Dany hasn't forgotten that the Starks aided Robert in rebelling against Aerys... Unless she learns about Jon's parents, I don't see her supporting the Starks.
    She also knows through Barristan that they were justified in their rebellion. So ultimately her choice about the Starks will likely depend entirely on which Dany shows up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    She also knows through Barristan that they were justified in their rebellion. So ultimately her choice about the Starks will likely depend entirely on which Dany shows up.
    And sir Jorah, one of her closest advisors, isn't very found on the Starks either..
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That's why I don't think the show is just trying to show some "female power" thing with her, but rather her becoming power hunger and more mad. As said a few comments back, this downfall could turn her into the antihero of the show.
    I get the sense that that is her greatest temptation. The dragons represent force, and dependence/addiction to it. In the books Daario represents the seductiveness of violence.

I get the sense, though, that she is making a move to social contract theory. The question is which philosophy comes to full fruition first.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by konteil View Post
    i think that were also all forgettnig that king Robb left a will that legitimized john and made him his Heir in the books.
    I've heard that was in the books but iirc we haven't seen anything of it in the show. Perhaps that comes out in the Season 6 finale . . . .

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne Wipes View Post
    And sir Jorah, one of her closest advisors, isn't very found on the Starks either..
    He's dead before long. He also blames himself for most of what happened surrounding that particular issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I've heard that was in the books but iirc we haven't seen anything of it in the show. Perhaps that comes out in the Season 6 finale . . . .
    My memory is hazy surrounding that, but I thought in the books either we don't know for sure Robb did it or the letter got lost, or some such.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Character flaws abound, indeed.

Much like how Ramsay seemed a bit flustered at first with the notion of dealing with people who did not give two fucks about his mindgames, Petyr may well find himself too used to pulling strings and out of his element when foes who cannot be reasoned with come calling.

Have we even established that he knows/believes anything about the walkers?
    There's no indication in either medium that he's given any thought to the possibility. Which means he'd likely be well and truly fucked. I'm also trying to imagine a world where Baelish survives an encounter with them. Would he understand that this changes everything for his worldview? It's all well and good to theorize about chaos as a ladder (as Tywin brought him up short about in the show), but what happens when true annihilation comes calling? Would he even be able to change? I'm not so sure. That's part of the reason I simply don't see him lasting much longer.

Deleted
    My memory is hazy surrounding that, but I thought in the books either we don't know for sure Robb did it or the letter got lost, or some such.
    We know he did it, last we heard the letter was with Maege Mormont, but we haven't heard from her since Book 3 I think, when she went to find Howland Reed.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    We know he did it, last we heard the letter was with Maege Mormont, but we haven't heard from her since Book 3 I think, when she went to find Howland Reed.
    Well THERE'S an obvious lead-in. Hah. Glad you remembered.

Howland might play into him being legitimized, but... yeah... Incoming bombshell

Deleted
    He's dead before long. He also blames himself for most of what happened surrounding that particular issue.
    Jorah won't die yet. He has to get cured first. Shireen was cured somehow. Why tease it when we don't know how to cure it? That storyline isn't over just yet.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Jorah won't die yet. He has to get cured first. Shireen was cured somehow. Why tease it when we don't know how to cure it? That storyline isn't over just yet.
    Not likely, I'm afraid. The only people known to survive greyscale are children. And given that Jorah is taking on Connington's storyline, something is going to happen there. That's not to say it can't happen. It just isn't likely.

Also, that doesn't deal with the second part. While Jorah felt judged by Ned, he knew what he did was wrong. He largely blames himself and his former wife. He also knows that Ned was following the law of the land at that point. I don't think Jorah wold hold some weird grudge against Sansa or Jon.
    Last edited by Sooba; 2016-06-23 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Characters in show have said that there were many dragon skulls in the Iron Throne room, varying in sizes. Drogon is also bigger than the other two dragons.

There really isn't a standard or full size, since it's said that - "they never stop growing as long as they live, and they can live for centuries. The largest Targaryen dragon, Balerion the Black Dread, lived for nearly two centuries and had a skull the size of a carriage."
    The lore in the books is that dragons never stop growing, and only death and being confined stops their size. The older the dragon, the more freedom it has, the larger it will become. The smaller dragons of later years come from being brought up in chains, as house pets and court amusements. The "reason" Drogon is bigger than the other two, in the books, is because they managed to chain them up underground, but Drogon roamed free for a couple years. I imagine it's something similar in the show.

As for Jorah not liking the Starks - he didn't like his punishment, but I don't think he ever thought Ned Stark was being wholly unjust. He just saw him rigid to the letter of the law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Daeny will become the Queen in King's Landing with Sansa as the ruler of Winterfell and allied to her.
    Daeny's Council will include Tyrion, Varis and LF. Bran Stark will be her seer.

Jon Snow will die in the battle against the Night King - more appropriately, he will get consumed by the winter and will take the Night King's spot and take the dead back up the wall back to where they belong. He will become the new Night King and make sure they keep their promise and don't venture South of the Wall ever again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Jon Snow will die in the battle against the Night King - more appropriately, he will get consumed by the winter and will take the Night King's spot and take the dead back up the wall back to where they belong. He will become the new Night King and make sure they keep their promise and don't venture South of the Wall ever again.
    Oh god... i can already see it...

Place the crown upon my head, Sam. Forever more, I will be the jailor of the Others.

So basically this:

Deleted
    Daeny will become the Queen in King's Landing with Sansa as the ruler of Winterfell and allied to her.
    Daeny's Council will include Tyrion, Varis and LF. Bran Stark will be her seer.

There must always be ... *thunder* ... a Night King.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Seriously though I think this was Dany's best scene in the entire show, the way Drogon showed his alpha status by landing above them and then simply jumping next to his mother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    So basically this:
    Yea.. I put a Metzen touch to GoT

If one Daeny's dragons die and get resurrected by the Night King, will it become a Frost Wyrm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.