Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's not really missions from the table. And people take the wording to an absolute. Like one such chain I have my illidari go out and establish relations with the wardens in hope that they'll tell me where the sargerite keystone is, they go help but ultimately come back and tell me the wardens want my help specifically. So I actually have to go to stormhiem for that. THIS is what they meant by getting you out into the world with missions

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    That's what all those quests in your Inn were. Really not seeing the difference in class halls and garrisons.
    Exactly. It is simply a paint job copying WoD ideas with Legion.

Only big difference is profession missions are done by you going out in the world instead of followers. That's it lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    So how does that one per week, somehow "fix the problem acknowledged by Blizzard" that followers did content for you.

When actually ALL other missions do exactly that and are MUCH greater in number than the one per week.

THink of it this way... people bitching about Garrison Missions... and they say "HEY! We fixed them! We added one mission per week that sends you to a dungeon!"
    because those missions from the missions tables ARNT DOING ANYTHING for you... they are their own little things, they give you the quests to go do a dungeon, they give you a quest to go kill a raid boss, not the other way around...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Eh what problem? The problem was fixed by actually having content to do in the world, via world quests. The mission table does not give you even a pittance of what world quests do, unlike the garrisons. The only missions that do give you a chance for good gear are the missions I mentioned where essentially you are the one doing the quest, not your champion. Heck you have an average of 6 missions available at any given time and because you only have 5 champions active, 1 of which will be your combat ally, it is highly unlikely you will ever do more than two missions at a time. They last fairly long too so even if you stay logged all day you will do 3 missions a day at most.

But hey if you want to find something to be angry about, be my guest.
    10000000000% what you said there, but people not on the beta, or who touch it for 1 minute, look at stuff and immediately come here to cry about it
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry you feel compelled to get that 25 AP item from the order hall missions in order to complain about something. I am sorry that you feel that 80g is absolutely necessary. Outside of Class Campaign there is literally nothing mandatory in it. I barely visit my order hall on the beta so i guess if you really want to complain you could go sit around there and complain about there being nothing to do while everyone else is playing the actual game.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have done a LOT of missions, have all my followers to 110, a few geared up some... and have yet to see a single mission that scouts out a place for ME to go quest in. EVen when it does... it'll be like a gated quest giver... and I do not see it as a fun mechanic.

then you are doing something very wrong cause ive allready seen 2 and i hit 110 3 days ago

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

the 4.5 million is to FULLY LEARN your tree... and no one is going to suspect you to get 20/20 for that last 0.5% for those 20/20
    No... that is to get 34/34 to get all your talent points in. the 20/20 is AFTER you fill out your weapon... and will be INFINITELY more than 4.5 million

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    I'm sorry you feel compelled to get that 25 AP item from the order hall missions in order to complain about something. I am sorry that you feel that 80g is absolutely necessary. Outside of Class Campaign there is literally nothing mandatory in it. I barely visit my order hall on the beta so i guess if you really want to complain you could go sit around there and complain about there being nothing to do while everyone else is playing the actual game.
    They increase with iLevel... and are multiplied by Artifact Knowledge... Mine are around 600-800 currently with a bonus token of 300-500...

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Some of you haven't drank enough of the Blizz Kool-Aid yet. I suggest you queue up soon - there's a long line already...

People should be more upset at the fact that the mission table is tied into unlocking your 3rd relic slot for your Artifact. It's do 5 mission table missions then go do one quest your self x3, that is very lazy design as it would be better to go out and do these missions for your self. As for needing to do the mission table, you can fully ignore it after you do the 15 missions for the Artifact.

- - - Updated - - -

because those missions from the missions tables ARNT DOING ANYTHING for you... they are their own little things, they give you the quests to go do a dungeon, they give you a quest to go kill a raid boss, not the other way around...

- - - Updated - - -

10000000000% what you said there, but people not on the beta, or who touch it for 1 minute, look at stuff and immediately come here to cry about it
    I haven't seen one of these so called missions that send you out in the world. It's all been AP / Gold / Follower Armor

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    People should be more upset at the fact that the mission table is tied into unlocking your 3rd relic slot for your Artifact. It's do 5 mission table missions then go do one quest your self x3, that is very lazy design as it would be better to go out and do these missions for your self. As for needing to do the mission table, you can fully ignore it after you do the 15 missions for the Artifact.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't seen one of these so called missions that send you out in the world. It's all been AP / Gold / Follower Armor
    what level/level are your followers, also have you not started the campaign? or gotten the "kill a boss in a dungeon" or "kill a boss in a raid" missions yet?

No... that is to get 34/34 to get all your talent points in. the 20/20 is AFTER you fill out your weapon... and will be INFINITELY more than 4.5 million
    Actually I am misinforming here... that was to get to 34 from 13...

It is a TOTAL of 5,216,130 to select all your points that fill the tree of the weapon in.

If you could average 25,000 AP a day, every day from begin to being filled... it would take 208 days to max the weapon points before the extra 20/20. That is a WHOLE lot of world quests and dungeons every day. If you can play 3 days a week? It will take you 1 year 4 months and a week.

If an insane in the membrane person wanted the 20/20 too?

Totla cost would be 65,256,330... 65 Million....

- - - Updated - - -

what level/level are your followers, also have you not started the campaign? or gotten the "kill a boss in a dungeon" or "kill a boss in a raid" missions yet?
    Which campaign are you referring to? I have not gotten any mission that send ME out to a dungeon/raid.

You don't get them that often (from my personal experience) but they do appear. Way less tedious and annoying than Garrison missions though, you barely even worry about the missions.

Wait I did get one for Black Rook Hold.... so one out of 20+?

My argument for this was that Blizz tried to spin Garrison 2.0 as a completely different beast that send you out. Not 1 out of 20 times you get a quest to go do but the rest is all the same.

I'm pretty sure I had the raid mission pop up when one of my followers reached like 810. I have 4/5 at 810 now and have been getting a few dungeon ones as well.

The real thing that's gonna make getting artifact power quickly is gonna be getting artifact knowledge + doing mythic dungeons, hope you have a lot of world quests rewarding them, and the daily heroic. I'm at Artifact Knowledge 5 I believe and I get 600 from the bosses in mythics (assuming they drop one) and the daily heroic gives me 900. The world quests ones range from 650-800 almost, then that rare blue one that gives like 1.6k ish. But yeah the grind for this artifact power stuff is gonna be ridiculous.
    Roland, Oscuridad of Sargeras
    <Design> 13/13M HFC - Recruiting

Deleted
    Each week, after legion releases, the AP gains will increase. This feature is not yet implemented in the beta and will probably never be. By how much % it will increase each week is still unknown but should be pretty high since it takes a lot of AP to max your artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaBlazin View Post
    Each week, after legion releases, the AP gains will increase. This feature is not yet implemented in the beta and will probably never be. By how much % it will increase each week is still unknown but should be pretty high since it takes a lot of AP to max your artifact.
    I don;t believe that is how it works... they stated that the time to perform the research would reduce each week... making it fast for each alt to get up to the max % Knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Lol dude, simmer. I'm in Beta too and if you don't remember there was a lot of "you don't send your followers to do missions, they send you!" "your followers will do the missions with you" and all that talk when garrisons / order halls were brought up. Sure I haven't done everything in Beta yet, so I was just wondering. Sorry to have snuck up some sand in your vag.
    He called you out on your obvious blizzard-hate titled thread. The last sentence is pretty accurate. You didn't come here with a question, you came here to voice your "hate" on Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Jesus relax the game is still in beta.
    At this point whatever is live in the beta isn't changing much. We are a few weeks from the pre Legion event then Legion is just around the corner.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Ah it's the latter. I do 1 or 2 per day as well but I got the champion armament research and have all my champions capped (they cap at 850 and get 865 missions, why would you do this Blizz!)
    Yep you're right I raised a follower to 810 and got my first dungeon mission not 5 minutes later. It's listed as Rare mission though so maybe I'm just lucky to get it that fast.

havent worked on the class campaign/dungeon quests?
    Oh, I did. But at that point it was the class campaign that gave me missions to do and not the other way around.

They cost resources that you have to go out in the world to farm... just like Garrison Missions.
    Who even needs to farm garrison resources to run missions? I'm swimming in resources just from the cache, missions and the trading post whenever it takes herbs. That's the thing that made garrisons so good for easy gold-making. Set it up on some random new alt and you can keep it running with the resources it generates by itself. If getting the resources for the missions actually took some time and effort, things wouldn't have been as absurd. They were on track with the shipyard, but then they had to ruin it by adding the oil rig, oil missions and the follower trait that boosted rewards from oil missions.