10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    LOL, we have nothing to gain from appeasing those warmongers. If they want to play hardball with Russia, they should do so on their own.
    Nothing to gain from appeasing the wealthiest and most powerful nation in the world? Have you been on the crème de cassis again?

Deleted
    The world is not ending... There will be commotion in the following year or two, but eventually the UK will get back on its feet, and wont be worse off than now.

Does any of you actually remember all the doomsaying there was when we had the Greece debt fiasko? Nothing even close to that happened, now it'll be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    If there was any point where UK citizens had to drink toilet water it was shortly before joining the EU. Because, surprise surprise, they joined for economic reasons.
    Except they weren't, which is the point. Britain was fine and strong and stable, it had been out of economic downturn for more than a decade, it didn't join the EU out of desperate need, it (and the rest) formed it out of utopian ambition that turned out after 20+ years to have been misplaced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this will be some interesting weeks to come
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    You'd be surprised, but education doesn't build stuff.
    Hoooo shit. Dumbest thing I've read online all day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    Nobody is enjoying it I can assure you, it is more like a feeling of disappointment than anything else.
    As for the UK crumbling... it remains to be seen, although it looks like most of the negative economic and social predictions are coming true.
    I don't think you will crumble, but I do think you will be worse off economically and will probably lose Scotland/NI/Gibraltar.
    I just hope that in the end, the dark days ahead will be worth it and the UK will come out stronger, because if it won't, then leaving was one of the biggest mistakes ever.
    Lol, it doesnt remain to be seen, its not gonna happen (unless by "crumble" you mean Scotland and NI leaving) In which case
    meh, I would prefer they stay as I like the UK, but wont lose any sleep if they leave.

I didnt buy all the take back Britain Leave arguments, alot of them were BS imo.
    But then alot of the remain scare-mongering also pissed me off.
    Tbh the media generally has been pissing me off with brexit for the last 6 months

I would have preferred the vote went remain but what can you do.
    I think you guys have a point that EU leaders will want to make an example of us.

But that is essentially comparable to ruling by fear, scaring other nations to stay in the EU
    by making an example of the first significant nation to opt out will always be a bad move
    in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    So the EU are going to risk further economic issues in the EU with euroscepticism on the rise? Do you see that the bargaining power is not as one sided as people think?
    It's not one sided, but thinking you can get better deal being outside of EU, than when you are part of it, is nonsense.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

"Older people shouldn't get a vote"...

You only have a vote because of those older people lmfao

Too soon to get #Frexit started?

Deleted
    Nothing to gain from appeasing the wealthiest and most powerful nation in the world? Have you been on the crème de cassis again?
    Wealthiest? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, that would be Switzerland, even Germany and Japan are far more wealthy by a long shot. Most powerful? Not for much longer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    I think you greatly overstate UK's value versus politicians urge to stay in power, the UK will take whatever deal they get they have no leverage to negotiate. I highly doubt the leadership of France and Germany want to end up like David Cameron.
    That is the point. Britain will get the same deal like Norway gets. Which is a lot worse than what UK currently has. They would still have to follow ALL rules, but they would have no vote and would have to pay more money because there will be no bonus like now.

They wont be punished. They will just get what other third party states like norway get.

UK can accept that. Or they dont.

If the EU economy tanks, they end up like Cameron. The alternative is to come to a deal that both sides are okay with and then fudge it by bringing the public conversation around to the benefits of membership over a partnership to other EU states.

So the EU are going to risk further economic issues in the EU with euroscepticism on the rise? Do you see that the bargaining power is not as one sided as people think?
    If nothing happens to the UK for leaving they will lose , the UK will get a shit deal and they will take it since they have nothing to negotiate with leaving was the only real bargaining chip they had. You will get a deal that will not tank the EU but leaves the UK damaged enough so that they can go back home and say if you don't want to end up like the UK then vote to stay.

Wealthiest? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, that would be Switzerland, even Germany and Japan are far more wealthy by a long shot. Most powerful? Not for much longer.
    UK will always be powerful especially with the US behind them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    A chronological-but-in-no-other-ways adult voting on the referendum who doesn't even remember a time before the EU knows more about what's right for the UK than people who lived through thick and thin and maybe even remember hiding from the Blitz? Really, that's what you're going with?
    Yes. Old people are retarded. They have no idea what's going on in the world, especially since many of them don't even understand how to use a computer or smartphone beyond Facebook. They should have no say in what happens in the world going forward when they're going to die before they face any consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Well, judging even by this topic then remainers actually show at least some level of intelligence in terms of bringing solid arguments on table backed up with facts from credible sources while the leavers seem to be all about "FUCK EVERYONE ELSE I DONT NEED TO JUSTIFY ANYTHING". And getting themselves banned, of course.
    Are you crying in the corner like a little bitch now?

Infracted for trolling.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2016-06-24 at 12:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    LOL, where does the internet find these nutjobs?
    Ironically, those 'brown people' he hates the most won't stop coming to the UK.

1) First of all, the UK had an opt-out on the whole refugee quota, so you didn't take in any Syrians or Afghani's from the EU.

2) Secondly, more "brown people" immigrate to the UK from delightfully democratic countries like Pakistan and India than EU citizens.
    Even reducing the number of EU migrants to 0 (if that were possible), Brexiter politicians still won't be able to hold their promise of reducing immigration to the tens of thousands.
    So his fear of "brownies" will unfortunately, continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Yes. Old people are retarded. They have no idea what's going on in the world, especially since many of them don't even understand how to use a computer or smartphone beyond Facebook. They should have no say in what happens in the world going forward when they're going to die before they face any consequences.
    I'm not saying old people are retarded and have no say in the way their country should be run. I'm just saying that the world they grew up in is long gone and there is no going back to it. Things have changed.
    Britain will not become great again by cutting itself off from Europe.
    Last edited by mmoc438dc94cad; 2016-06-24 at 12:48 PM.

Wait, are we comparing to the United States? I assume Kalis is referring to total wealth, on which no one is close. If we're referring to per capita production, Germany and Japan aren't close.

I realize many people have a delusional notion of individual European nations being on equal footing with the United States, but this doesn't even resemble reality. Switzerland's GDP is a little bit below Pennsylvania's. No one gives a shit about Pennsylvania.

The EU always needed the UK more than the UK needed the EU. If the UK, France, and Germany hadn't been onboard at outset, there'd have been no point in bothering. You aren't going to see punitive trade restrictions or travel restrictions on the UK from the EU -- maybe some fanatical Euro-statists will advocate, but eventually the grown-ups will prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    I too feel like those people shouldn't be allowed to vote. I have a different idea of who those people are. How do we decide who's correct?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    A chronological-but-in-no-other-ways adult voting on the referendum who doesn't even remember a time before the EU knows more about what's right for the UK than people who lived through thick and thin and maybe even remember hiding from the Blitz? Really, that's what you're going with?
    The last time I looked, the UK is not an empire any more. Thinking that it is going to return to the 'good ol' days' when you could watch the radio and listen to what are heroic chaps are up to against the bosch is ever so slightly delusional.

I don't give two fucks how experienced they are, or how they think they know better than us. Our generation overwhelmingly wants to stay.
    You know, the group that isn't terrified of technology and isn't reading laughable tabloids.
    Speciation Is Gradual