Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Well GG Britain housing market:
    Taylor Wimpey and Persimmon are down by 25%

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/e...GBGBXSET1.html

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/e...1.html?lang=en
    Now Trump can swoop in there and pick up more real estate for cheap. This works out perfectly for us!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I too feel like those people shouldn't be allowed to vote. I have a different idea of who those people are. How do we decide who's correct?
    To be fairly honest, voting preference of a particular country is exactly what they deserve. I am a bit darwinist on this issue. Everyone above 18 should be allowed to vote. If collective decision is not appropriate, so be it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    It's immediate uncertainty that is being reacted too right now. We've just lost our Prime Minister and voted to Leave, and the opposition leader may also go. These three factors are in play right now. However;

1) A new Prime Minister is going to be sought sooner rather than later. Come October, this'll be clarified and sorted. By then a sense of calm will have come over the economy as a whole, as the immediate reactions would've slowed down a lot.

2) By the time a new Prime Minister is chosen, as I said, the immediate reactionaries will have calmed down. Then, the negotiations begin and that will create some more uncertainty, however, good deals coming out will create stability and a good sense of calm in the markets.

We're not going to go into free fall off this. The Bank of England will do whatever it needs to do, the Government will do whatever it needs to do. Our Banking sector has had laws put in place since the Financial Crisis to ensure they have the funds to prevent collapse in these exact situations.

The only thing causing issues right now is that people are just making snap judgements, and not staying calm, and letting the situation unfold with all the relevant parties.

Why is that? I don't see the logic here.
    I don't see your two points working towards stability. A new prime minister can't do much and well... Negotiations are uncertain by definition, especially in a situation such as this.
    It looks to me you're taking your economic status for granted.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    because Scotland will be having another independence referendum based on this result

and one of the main reasons they lost the previous one was the fact that their place in the EU could only be guaranteed by remaining in the UK

that guarantee just got ripped up
    Would the EU take Scotland in? Considering their Welfare dependence, that seems like taking in another Greece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Cool story. Excepting the fact that the pall of uncertainty is still going to hang around until the new trade agreements with Europe proper are negotiated, to say nothing of a potential second Scottish independence referendum.
    I explicitly said that there won't be uncertainty for that long...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    That is what I thought.
    If every Euro stock market falls between 7-10% and one (the FTSE) falls 2% do you see which is doing best or still no?

What do you expect if you own a business with an outlet that makes you £350 million a week and then you lose that asset your business is worth less, get that?

And if drunken Juncker is MD shouldnt he resign?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The reason so many regarded the plan Cameron negotiated as a failure was because it did not deal with the EU immigration, as that was off the table. It should never have been taken off the table.
    Why, exactly? Freedom of movement is one of the cornerstones of the free market and free market is the pillar on which EU was built. UK already went full special snowflake for too long and the EU mistakenly (as it shows) indulged them in that, but there's no dimension in which you'd get to opt out of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    That is what I thought.
    Yeah, my 401k and bonds are crying out in pain right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Actually, there are movements starting to push London to split from UK and stay in EU as a sovereign state.
    Yeah however I'm not sure how happy would Europe be of having that.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Do you realise how majestic of a fall would it be if the many companies holding London as their European capital simply decide to move somewhere else?
    probably thats whats going to happen. but does facts and foreseeable future change the mind of stupid people?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    I'm really surprise the OUT won, yes europe is far from perfect but saying no to it is a big deal, even country like switzerland and norway know how powerful the union is, thats why switzerland said yes to schengen, and open border, to compet in a world so globalize you need to be big, you need access to big market, at least here in quebec independentism is at it's lowest point in 20 year, people are realising that it's not a good time to spilt, it's a time to unite.
    Doesn't the fact that Norway and Switzerland do fine outside the EU prove that the UK can also do fine?

No one in this thread knows shit about Brexit's financial consequences. It has a much bigger effect on the Eurozone than on the UK since it depresses expected NGDP growth. There is a reason why British stocks are down 4% while German and French are 8% meanwhile southern European countries are more like 10-15%.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    http://imgur.com/3EDHXz4

Still higher than it was on Monday
    But lower than it should be. Heh.

Considering both Northern Ireland and Scotland were favorable to the Remain side, in another decade the 'UK' might literally just be England and Wales.
    Who's going to speak up to defend the sovereignty of the Danelaw?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    How would it prove that they are "merely just Apparatchiks of the EU"?
    Please show your reasoning and the underlying facts that led you to this conclusion...
    Overriding the will of the voters? "Well, you voted incorrectly so we are doing the other thing." Isn't exactly good marketing you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Actually, there are movements starting to push London to split from UK and stay in EU as a sovereign state.
    I think that's mostly naive twitter users, though.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Because doing the UK any favors at this point would only encourage further foolishness.
    So lets punish all of the UK to set an example so others get with the program and not step out of line. very tyrannical of you

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Can we please get the whole thing going and put back the border patrols for brits? And all the brits that are already in the EU have to register?
    And please bring back this nice institution called protective tariff and general customs for them? Of course all asap so they will see what they get for leaving.
    I doubt punishing the brits, will make anything better.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Doesn't the fact that Norway and Switzerland do fine outside the EU prove that the UK can also do fine?
    They have grown parallel to the EU with their treaties in place, the UK however has decided to suddenly change its relations to the EU.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Would the EU take Scotland in? Considering their Welfare dependence, that seems like taking in another Greece.
    A 5 millions country with oil and an educated population? Why not?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    And, if the UK Government refuses to accept that result? The Scottish Parliament can only do as much as Westminster allows. If they don't consent to a Referendm in Scotland, it doesn't mean jackshit.
    The irony.
    /10 chars