Poll: Who pays on a date?

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Lol what if both says "you should pay"?
    Then either both pays or they aren't meant to be going out on a date. Plus you shouldn't get the point where you are saying "you should pay". If you believe the other should pay for something you say that before you even order it. So instead of going to dinner and ordering and eating then expect him to pay you ask him if he is paying before you even order.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    I only got nasty with one guy about it. It was only because he tried to take it a step further on the extortion and say that if we didn't have sex, that he'd accuse me, falsely, of theft of things at his place by "conveniently losing" items that he showed me earlier and asked me to look at by handing them to me, then taking them back so I'd have "fingerprints" on them. Needless to say, I called his bluff and he regret taking it to that level with me. >.>
    With that kind of desperation, you'd think the loser would just use a hook up app.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Isn't it like a universally known fact that women exploit the weakness in men that causes them to pay for drinks and food and all that? I mean, I see it being made fun of all the time. Latest example, I believe, was in the movie How to Be Single, where Rebel Wilson's character teaches Dakota Johnson's character how to bum free drinks and get into clubs for free and all that, just because they're women.

I mean, if that's all made up, then my apologies. I didn't come up with that trope.

I'm just saying, isn't it better not to be taken advantage of like that as a man? I mean, you'd think that, right?

Oh, there was this other movie or TV show in which a girl went on dates all the time just to eat for free. I think it was some dating movie again, but yeah, she just went on dates to get free dinners and lunches, and then never met those guys again. Same trope. No basis in reality?
    I can't tell if you are being serious with the TV show examples but it is part of the song and dance.

Some men will be willing to pay for dinner without really trying to leverage anything more out of it, while some women will be more than happy to take them up on that deal. Think of it as bargaining with that salesperson who wants to sell you a faux-leather sofa that is crazily overpriced by default.

As with most of those things people are free to take advantage of conventions, just as long as they are mindful that it might be noted on their reputation tab.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm old fashioned. I usually end up paying. No complaints so far.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Whoever asked who on a date pays for date. simple as fuck.
    ^This

{10char}

Is that why you insisted we split dinner?!
    I only wanted to hit it and quit it. Don't hate the player...hate the game, boo.

*kisses*

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    With that kind of desperation, you'd think the loser would just use a hook up app.
    It was a very long time ago, before dating apps or even the internet was even a thing. *Giggles* It was in the early 80s, when I was in highschool.

Around then, you relied on local hangouts to find dates. Malls, arcades, parks, bars, community centers, and such, if not at the school, which I rarely ever was. I was the bad girl type that barely passed highschool due to having so many missed days of school because I'd be hanging out or just playing hooky. I had excellent grades, mind. I just didn't care about being there, being the rebellious child that I was.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Split it.

Equality.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

It depends....

In my dating days, I'd split the bill for the first few dates and offer to pay for some after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I only wanted to hit it and quit it. Don't hate the player...hate the game, boo.

*kisses*
    And I wanted to pay for dinner V_V
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

was'nt among the choices but whomever asks the person out should be the person to pay up unless you've made another deal beforehand.

15+ Year Old Account
    According to this graph on gender pay gap's it would seem more appropriate for the man to be a gentleman and take care of the tab.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post

*kisses*
    *Giggles* You would have loved growing up in my time, the tail-end of the free-love era, with that sort of attitude.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

I'll pay no issue, but girls who do not insist on half/half is a bit weird, I will pay regardless but there is a bit of expectation on my end for such offer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Isn't it like a universally known fact that women exploit the weakness in men that causes them to pay for drinks and food and all that? I mean, I see it being made fun of all the time. Latest example, I believe, was in the movie How to Be Single, where Rebel Wilson's character teaches Dakota Johnson's character how to bum free drinks and get into clubs for free and all that, just because they're women.

I mean, if that's all made up, then my apologies. I didn't come up with that trope.

I'm just saying, isn't it better not to be taken advantage of like that as a man? I mean, you'd think that, right?

Oh, there was this other movie or TV show in which a girl went on dates all the time just to eat for free. I think it was some dating movie again, but yeah, she just went on dates to get free dinners and lunches, and then never met those guys again. Same trope. No basis in reality?
    I can't tell if you are being serious with the TV show examples
    Am I serious?

Also, yes, there was some dating movie where some chick went on dates just to get free food. Turns out, it's real.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/woma...match-15112192

Woman bums $1200/month in dinners from men by going out on dates. For reals.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-06-24 at 10:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Giggles* You would have loved growing up in my time, the tail-end of the free-love era, with that sort of attitude.
    The game is rigged. RIGGED, needs nerfs IMO
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I thought it was common practice that no one pays on the date. You both pretend to go to the bathroom and run out on the check. Since they see two people on a date, the restaurant never expects it. Works everytime.....

Deleted
    Another example:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    According to this graph on gender pay gap's it would seem more appropriate for the man to be a gentleman and take care of the tab.

No thank you, I am not a charity.

It was a very long time ago, before dating apps or even the internet was even a thing. *Giggles* It was in the early 80s, when I was in highschool.

Around then, you relied on local hangouts to find dates. Malls, arcades, parks, bars, community centers, and such, if not at the school, which I rarely ever was. I was the bad girl type that barely passed highschool due to having so many missed days of school because I'd be hanging out or just playing hooky. I had excellent grades, mind. I just didn't care about being there, being the rebellious child that I was.
    Your reminiscing is making me feel old! But I was too young to date then. Those halcyon days......so I've heard, cause I'm 20!