Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mei & Symmetra: The Golden Trolls of Overwatch

I love both the characters and I often see people troll with them a lot whether its the team of the enemy or their own. For an example, you can kill people with Mei's icewall by blocking them in with an enemy or as Symmetra, put your teleporters at an edge and watch people fall down. What are your experiences?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

169 hours played and have never seen someone try to ruin the game for everyone like that.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    I've not seen either of those happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    169 hours played and have never seen someone try to ruin the game for everyone like that.
    I could see it happening with friends. With random people? Not happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've said it many times on the official forums - as the game ages and people come to expect and demand wins and good play from their team (more than they already do), the trolls will be more prevalent unless Blizzard nips it in the bud. They need to make it so you can't place teleporters on the edge of the map and they need a 0 tolerance policy to toxicity/trolling. Mei walls in competitive should instantly get you a 3 hour ban. Can't implement a votekick system because it would be abused.

- - - Updated - - -

Look up Overwatch trolling on Youtube. I've seen it multiple times with 97 hours played. Competitive isn't out yet and the game is still young. Just wait.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Look up Overwatch trolling on Youtube. I've seen it multiple times with 97 hours played. Competitive isn't out yet and the game is still young. Just wait.
    It's definitely common with 6 man parties w/ friends like Soulwind was saying, and I'm sure it exists in pubs. I just haven't seen it out of pure luck or just having been dropped into some rare bracket where people actually want to win.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted
    I just haven't seen it out of pure luck or just having been dropped into some rare bracket where people actually want to win.
    Never seen it either. It never even occured to me to put the teleporter on a cliff as Symmetra.

Re Symetra teleporters, only troll I ever saw was placing the teleporter in the spawn area so it looks like we have 2 teleporters (to someone who doesn't bother pressing tab) and instead it just ports you a few feet to the left.

Mei walls, hard to tell if people are trolling or just bad.

I had one person do that with teleporter but I was pharah and just jumped back and warned my team with in game voice chat. If you are dumb enough to turn that off then you get to suck cliff bottom.

I've placed a teleporter on an edge before. I was most amused.

I once swapped to symmetra on offence and placed our teleporter just above obj area on kings row just to get my teammates quickly there.
    I got flamed bigtime by those who insisted on "defending" the main gate, for making our attackers skip our own "defense-line"...

Worst I've done was put a teleporter on one of the moving platforms on Volskaya just to see if it would actually stay on it and work while moving (It did), so it wasn't all that helpful.

Deleted
    I've only once been flamed for "trolling" with Mei ice walls. Despite the fact I was blocking Roadhog from hooking our Mercy and getting in their Bastion's face.

They soon changed their tone when I made the enemy Pharah kill herself with justice, with a perfectly-placed wall.

Sometimes it can be hard to identify a Mei who's actually trolling though. They could be bad. Or they could have just saved your ass from something you never saw coming.
    Even if they lock you in with enemies and you die. They could have done it to save the rest of the team from something big, and you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    It's not always our fault :c

Just tack that up to one of the many reasons I don't play with randoms. Think I've soloed like 20 times out of my 250+ games.

I joined a large community so there are always "clan mates" online who want to group up, and even if our teams end up sucking, at least it's just because we got outplayed.

Unfortunately with any game, especially shooters. You'll definitely get those guys who are bored and just want to be a prick. Join games just to piss people off, or the game looks like a lost cause so they just give up and start trolling.

Had both of those happen in random games shortly after the game came out, haven't seen it happen again since then though. I do occasionally see a Mei use her wall at the worst time possible but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Never seen it either. It never even occured to me to put the teleporter on a cliff as Symmetra.

But honestly, I've never seen anyone bother to do that with Symmetra.

And I've never been killed by a Mei wall, just mildly annoyed, and had like, a few people who will wall their own team in the base.

Most people are generally pretty nice is my experience at least. I have never experienced this.

most aggravating game I ever had was with a frienemy symm. didn't bother to put up any of their turrets, and yeah they put their fucking teleporter right next to an edge. was shit I never thought was going to happen to me. mei gets annoying with her walls but at least its not "oh I'm walking through this portal to the front lines OP, FUUUUUUU-!"

The Mei thing? Yes. I witnessed it many times. The Symettra one is new.

It isn't helping this calilng of people trolls, as that is treating it like some badge of honor.
    It used to be called being a jerk, and it still is.
    This constant repetition of "not feeding the trolls" is doing exactly that, giving them the recognition they thrive off.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.