Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Also, no, the zoom via console was enough. The zoom via options was not.
    Maximum zoom distance means maximum zoom distance.

There's absolutely 0 reason for this change. I can't believe Ion would try to justify this. This is an extremely deleterious change for melee and raid leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Terrible change. Literally no benefit whatsoever. None.
    This.

Worst. Idea. Ever. Also worst explanation ever. I hope Ion doesn't think anyone actually believes him. We have all had our camera max at 50 in beta and seen it keep getting stuck on things. If they can't figure out how to fix it just say so, but all that smoke-blowing he's doing is embarrassing.

I can fully understand Ion's reasoning, and fully support this change.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    No overreaction at all... And if : http://i.imgur.com/e8vFT6t.jpg is too close for you 99% you may just stop wow and play a rts, the gendra may suite you better
    I'm not sure I understand the reasoning, given that this option has been in WoW at the very least since I started using it in TBC. It's been a core part of the experience for over a decade, and many players are very fond of it. The arguments regarding UI parity are utterly baffling since the game has always supported mod usage, which has far more of an impact on player efficiency than camera zoom. A tool like this, which is just as much about personal preference for visuals as it is about the gameplay experience, has no good reason to be removed. The downsides are absurdly numerous when compared to any potential advantages. That's why I think the change is so bad, because it's such a no-brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thontor View Post
    I gotta say, as someone who currently uses max cam distance 4, I don't have a problem with this. I only use it occasionally... In certain raid situations. It really takes you out of the game, in a way, being zoomed out so dam far.
    A logical solution would be to not use it yourself then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Bad idea. Just don't see what the point was.

I think they will revert it back once they see the comments. This was not even needed at all. No idea why this bothered them. I do not support this change. Hell this is worse in my eyes then people screaming about Class order hall mission board.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

I don't understand, that picture you linked looks like you can zoom out pretty far...
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Thontor View Post
    He covered that

I gotta say, as someone who currently uses max cam distance 4, I don't have a problem with this. I only use it occasionally... In certain raid situations. It really takes you out of the game, in a way, being zoomed out so dam far.
    That is subjective, you can't say that like it's fact.

I personally don't have an issue zooming out that far, also his explanation doesn't actually counter the "why not just make the slider bigger" question because he is speaking objectively about a subjective topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    I don't understand, that picture you linked looks like you can zoom out pretty far...
    It is pretty far yes, but its also a pic with zero UI taking up the screen, no monsters like big raid bosses and zero other people around.

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    I think they will revert it back once they see the comments. This was not even needed at all. No idea why this bothered them. I do not support this change. Hell this is worse in my eyes then people screaming about Class order hall mission board.
    Honestly this is probably the single worst change they've made in legion because it's just so damn unnecessary.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2016-06-25 at 10:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately unlike "OMGn0FlyingWTF!1111!!" it seems this one is only being cared for by limited amount of people, which will of course make it easier trampling on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Slightly annoyed as a tank and raid leader. But I understand blizzard position, UI fairness should be a thing.

No overreaction at all... And if : http://i.imgur.com/e8vFT6t.jpg is too close for you 99% you may just stop wow and play a rts, the gendra may suite you better
    But just make the slider go to 3.4 or whatever, then it's "fair"

Also that picture that Ion linked doesn't have any people, or bosses, it's not a raiding environment, also it's a crap perspective because you are looking down a hill so it looks bigger than it is.

I honestly am wondering if they can't get something fixed about the camera at max distance 50, we all know it keeps getting stuck on things in the beta when set at 50. That is the only thing that would make any sense. Ion's explanation was not even remotely believable.

This is dumb, though. This option has been in the game since TBC at least, so over ten years. I remember zooming really far out for the original Archimonde fight in the Mount Hyjal raid.
    Last edited by Unir; 2016-06-25 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Honestly this is probably the single worst change they've made because it's just so damn unnecessary.
    Lmao the single worst change they've ever made. Good thing nobody is overreacting.

There is a reason. They are trying to reduce the number of things that are hidden behind console commands.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Lmao the single worst change they've ever made. Good thing nobody is overreacting.
    I meant in legion, and no I don't think that's overeating. Sorry that we don't agree, you should totally insult me.

There is a reason. They are trying to reduce the number of things that are hidden behind console commands.
    No there isn't, they just could make the slider inside the settings bigger then it's not hidden anymore. I'm glad to see that you were too busy insulting me to use common sense.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2016-06-25 at 10:31 PM.

Deleted
    Legion is like watching a train wreck in slow motion from a distance. When I thought they couldn't be any more out of touch with their playerbase, they pull it off yet again. This is some next level shit already.

By his reasoning addons shouldn't be allowed either, because they're 'hidden' outside the basic UI and someone might be at a disadvantage for not using them?

7+ Year Old Account
    This pisses me off so much. Melee need this extra zoom to be able to see anything but a demon butt during many raid encounters.

Of course Watcher posts a screenshot of a caster. The casters and other ranged characters I'm sure are just fine with this change as they aren't standing 3 feet behind the boss all fight long with 85% of their screen being nothing but boss model, even when zoomed out fully. Ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    screenshot shows jack shit tbh, lookin down a hill

sounds very unfair to melee
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..