Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Leveling a lvl 55 Frost DK Unviable

As you know, Frost DKs have a One-Handed Weapon requirement on their core abilities in Legion. Currently the situation is as follows:

If you start a fresh level 55 Death Knight right now, you can't even use most of your abilities as you only have access to a Two-Handed starting DK sword. There are no One-Handed options available from the quartermaster or vendors either.

So until you get to Outland, and unless you constantly switch specializations from Unholy to Frost in order to get a One-Handed Weapon as a reward, you can NOT in effect level a Frost Death Knight without the use of Heirlooms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    As you know, Frost DKs have a One-Handed Weapon requirement on their core abilities in Legion. Currently the situation is as follows:

If you start a fresh level 55 Death Knight right now, you can't even use most of your abilities as you only have access to a Two-Handed starting DK sword. There are no One-Handed options available from the quartermaster or vendors either.

So until you get to Outland, and unless you constantly switch specializations from Unholy to Frost in order to get a One-Handed Weapon as a reward, you can NOT in effect level a Frost Death Knight without the use of Heirlooms.
    So submit a bug report.
    Clearly, this is a simple fix for Blizz to add a single weapon to a single quest for a single class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Anything that might put people off leveling more death knights is good

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    So submit a bug report.
    Clearly, this is a simple fix for Blizz to add a single weapon to a single quest for a single class.
    That's precisely why I posted it here - My subscription expired just last week and I haven't gotten around to post it on the official forums, as I've found out only active subscribers can post.
    Would be nice if someone concerned about it could post it though

10+ Year Old Account
    That's precisely why I posted it here - My subscription expired just last week and I haven't gotten around to post it on the official forums, as I've found out only active subscribers can post.
    You can Submit Bug Reports in-game (PTR is F2P), on the PTR Bug Report Forum (which is available to even people without subs), and on the Legion Bug Report Forum (which, again, you can post on even if you don't have a subscription).

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    You can Submit Bug Reports in-game (PTR is F2P), on the PTR Bug Report Forum (which is available to even people without subs), and on the Legion Bug Report Forum (which, again, you can post on even if you don't have a subscription).
    Just checked right now:
    None of the places you suggested works, Legion forums require Legion Beta account and PTR Forums require subscription.
    Maybe PTR in-game tool would work but I'm not sure about that either.
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2016-06-26 at 03:39 PM.

i posted in the ptr forums for you

yeah its a problem for people that dont have or wont use the BoA weapons.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Huh. Maybe this is what those new DK weapon models are for that were datamined a while back, but haven't been implemented yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    Huh. Maybe this is what those new DK weapon models are for that were datamined a while back, but haven't been implemented yet.

Are you sure those are not the ones you get on the PTR when you make a premade character?

7+ Year Old Account
    Aww should've let this one get to live. Would've been fun seeing all the forum posts on the offical forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just checked right now:
    None of the places you suggested works, Legion forums require Legion Beta account and PTR Forums require subscription.
    Maybe PTR in-game tool would work but I'm not sure about that either.
    They should definitely work. I don't have a subscription and I regularly post on both the PTR and PTR Bug Report forum. They're even marked as [Limited] which means that as long as you have an account, you can post there.

Odd that it's not working for you.

Edit- EU PTR forum requires a subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post

Edit- EU PTR forum requires a subscription.
    Yep, I tried EU forums - Nice point you brought up, maybe i create some characters on US forums so I can post in the future

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    i posted in the ptr forums for you
    Thank You very much

Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    Anything that might put people off leveling more death knights is good
    Flashbacks to wotlk

Most people have heirloom one handers... just click one up. :P

You would think Blizz would think about that...adding a major change to a spec like that...especially since its the only Hero Class available at the moment...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, what kind of ass backwards thinking is that? "Oh, I found a bug somehow but I'm not going to report it, I'm going to go on a third party site and tell other people to do so". You left your brain on the kitchen counter today, didn't you?
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Seriously, what kind of ass backwards thinking is that? "Oh, I found a bug somehow but I'm not going to report it, I'm going to go on a third party site and tell other people to do so". You left your brain on the kitchen counter today, didn't you?

awww someone woke up crancky today huh? Did your sleeping bear fell under your bed?

I'll test when I head home for lunch, but when I made a hunter template it had a polearm equipped, but a gun in inventory. I would assume that is what they will do with DKs... add one handers to the inventory.

This is something you should be posting on their official forums, because it's obviously a bug with an extremely simple fix of just giving a player a one-handed runeblade when they pick up their weapon if they are frost, or giving them one-handed swords in their bags when created.

Like the guy above me said...why post this here?