7+ Year Old Account
    Ok can someone from Norway explain me this:

Vampires are feared everywhere, but the Balkan region has been especially haunted. Garlic has been regarded as an effective prophylactic against vampires. We wanted to explore this alleged effect experimentally. Owing to the lack of vampires, we used leeches instead. In strictly standardized research surroundings, the leeches were to attach themselves to either a hand smeared with garlic or to a clean hand. The garlic-smeared hand was preferred in two out of three cases (95% confidence interval 50.4% to 80.4%). When they preferred the garlic the leeches used only 14.9 seconds to attach themselves, compared with 44.9 seconds when going to the non-garlic hand (p < 0.05). The traditional belief that garlic has prophylactic properties is probably wrong. The reverse may in fact be true. This study indicates that garlic possibly attracts vampires. Therefore to avoid a Balkan-like development in Norway, restrictions on the use of garlic should be considered.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7825135

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Ok can someone from Norway explain me this:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7825135
    I think its a scientific study of how we can protect ourselfs from vampires without garlic.

Are there no vampires in bolivia ?

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/sta...78341514489856

Damage control mode engaged ?

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Drag it out as long as you want, but you're only hurting yourself. As I said, I am not sure you realise just how stupid your position really is. You are not in the position to feel smug about this at all.
    Oh if only we were just hurting ourselves. It's quite obvious from worldwide reaction (and the posts here) that this has not only hurt us, but the EU and also the whole world and will continue to do so for some time.
    Will we end up financially worse off, without a doubt we will, but we've exorcised the ghost that is the EU and can move forward from there.

'Wake up and smell the ashes' is quite appropriate for the UK now.

I'd suggest you spread that around the rest of the EU too, but it could already be too late.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    I think its a scientific study of how we can protect ourselfs from vampires without garlic.

Are there no vampires in bolivia ?

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/sta...78341514489856

Damage control mode engaged ?
    No, we don't spend funds on such things.

Norway has weird scientific studies:
    Effect of ale, garlic, and soured cream on the appetite of leeches.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7819987

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCoco View Post
    From what I've gathered plenty of people that voted Leave are regretting that vote after realizing what the consequences actually are. Aswell as finding out the lies...
    Well then they should have spend a little bit of time orienting themselves since the 'lies' were debunked as false long before the referendum.

All hail ignorant voters, screwing themselves and everyone else since the dawn of the human race.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Wow, listening to the news, all those Romanian, Portuguese etc living and working in London legally are going to have to leave or get work visas. Locals are going to do those jobs?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Koyoti View Post
    Oh if only we were just hurting ourselves. It's quite obvious from worldwide reaction (and the posts here) that this has not only hurt us, but the EU and also the whole world and will continue to do so for some time.
    Will we end up financially worse off, without a doubt we will, but we've exorcised the ghost that is the EU and can move forward from there.

I'd suggest you spread that around the rest of the EU too, but it could already be too late.
    Ok, so you're dragging the rest of the planet into a shithole with you and you're... somehow smug about it, too? That's an opinion I guess...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Wow, listening to the news, all those Romanian, Portuguese etc living and working in London legally are going to have to leave or get work visas. Locals are going to do those jobs?
    Looking forward to the authentic portugese restaurant experience with a British chef and manager...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Long Reuters article about the financial and economical consequences of the brexit. Long, but very interesting read. tl;dr London probably loses its prime EU economical status and the UK will see a pretty sizeable chunk of capital gone.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-br...-idUSKCN0ZC152

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    British-Portuguese relationship is older than the EU itself and it's way more deep than "portuguese working in London". So, when the UK leaves the EU, it will be one of the first deals for the protection of the British interests in Portugal (the wine and the tourism industries).
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-06-27 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    Long Reuters article about the financial and economical consequences of the brexit. Long, but very interesting read. tl;dr London probably loses its prime EU economical status and the UK will see a pretty sizeable chunk of capital gone.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-br...-idUSKCN0ZC152
    It's not news, actually. We discussed this at least a month prior to the referendum in this very thread, if I'm not mistaken.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koyoti View Post

If that's the reaction that you are expecting from Britain now, to be like a cancer, then you should also expect that the rest of the world will simply cut you off and ignore afterwards.

Honestly? Don't be dumb with those sentiments.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Well then they should have spend a little bit of time orienting themselves since the 'lies' were debunked as false long before the referendum.

All hail ignorant voters, screwing themselves and everyone else since the dawn of the human race.
    And they will continue with that trend as usual...

7+ Year Old Account
    Wish these beggars would just stop, it's getting pathetic.

Carry on trading, beg German car bosses: Manufacturers demand Britain be allowed to continue trading with the EU without any barriers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-barriers.html
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Looking forward to the authentic portugese restaurant experience with a British chef and manager...
    Don't be silly. Productive man power will stay in the country.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not news, actually. We discussed this at least a month prior to the referendum in this very thread, if I'm not mistaken.
    Meh dunno, not gonna spit through 500+ pages (I think you can understand). Just saw this article appear, thought I'd share.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Don't be silly. Productive man power will stay in the country.
    Oh, okay, so it's just discrimination then? Great, are you kicking lazy ass British out, too?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    Meh dunno, not gonna spit through 500+ pages (I think you can understand). Just saw this article appear, thought I'd share.
    Yeah, I'm not criticising you posting it, as people need to know this stuff. I'm merely pointing out that these facts have been known before. People just chose to ignore them. They literally said they don't trust experts on this.

And they keep ignoring that these experts they're ignoring? They're the ones advising all those financial companies on what to do next...

Oh, okay, so it's just discrimination then? Great, are you kicking lazy ass British out, too?
    It's not discrimination, it's capitalism. If you are useful, you stay, if not, are you a citizen, no? GTFO.

I'm not entirely sure what has been said in this thread over all these pages, but seriously... anyone noticed the overflowing propaganda from practically everywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    If that's the reaction that you are expecting from Britain now, to be like a cancer, then you should also expect that the rest of the world will simply cut you off and ignore afterwards.

Honestly? Don't be dumb with those sentiments.
    I'm not even sure how you got there

But whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what has been said in this thread over all these pages, but seriously... anyone noticed the overflowing propaganda from practically everywhere?
    According to my observation, there is a heavy propaganda trying to scare Brits, as if it's they're going to bankrupt the year following the exist. Britain will do just fine.