Quote Originally Posted by ArthurDayne View Post
    This is a GoT spoiler thread why THE FUCK are u spoiling other series!?
    Well, if you havn't seen it by now you're probably not very into the series in the first place. But you are right, that was pretty unnecessary of me. Edited.

Cersei's vengeance is the most satisfying aspect of the entire show for me so far. I hope she sticks around for most of next season, causing more trouble in King's Landing.

I wonder if she'll burn the entire city down? If Dany's vision is correct then the throne room still needs to be scorched.

I didn't mind the teleportation of people, not everything shown has to be concurrent; time can pass off-screen. The only thing that kinda bothered me is that on the one hand they are pushing for much shorter season 7 & 8 and on the other they are condensing storylines into single episodes, which is funny because it is the opposite of what they used to do. But I can live with faster story progression, it's just different.

What I didn't see coming is Cercei not only surviving but crowning herself queen of everything! So many women in the game now. Like only women bar Jon. RIP Margaery. I didn't like how regretful and eager to confess Melissandre was of her "crimes", I thought it was pretty rash of Jon to just kick her out. She will probably end up meeting up with Dany's forces in the south though, and it will probably be her finally informing Dany of the real war ahead of her.

Loved seeing Varys being this huge behind the scenes force bringing in a huge army, and seeing him finally stand behind Dany and Tyrion. His plans are working out very nicely. Kinda missed some Brienne closure, but her story is set up nicely with the Jamie and Cercei tension. Loved seeing Lady Mormont too.

Overall great season. Beautiful done, very fast pace. Can't wait for next season!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Didn't take long.

I think this should start with Cersei looking at the cityscape with "Nerf this!" and the self-destruct charge up sound.

Deleted
    I've done a complete 180 with Cersei. I used to hate her guts and couldn't wait for her to die, but now I'm rooting for her.

Then again, it could be because the show has been so punishing at times, that I'm now kind of hoping there's just going to be a huge war in which the dragons and green fire burn 99% of the people to death in the most horrible way imaginable, and then the white walkers just freeze the entire world - Dyson sphere or whatever the hell it is - and everything ends in freezing darkness and dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mad props Adam for linking that OST.

The season as a whole was a little disappointing but the last 2 episodes have been incredible. Dare I say it, best finale so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Criiz View Post
    Mad props Adam for linking that OST.

The season as a whole was a little disappointing but the last 2 episodes have been incredible. Dare I say it, best finale so far?
    Definitely the best finale, they usually were a bit tame but this was just an incredible episode from start to finish

Kitt Harrington is hot as fuck. Damn.

Lotta mixed emotions for me this episode. Thoughts as follows;

- I started crying as soon as Lady Mormont stood up. Predictable, but tears flowed openly.

- Cersi's dress was FABULOUS! Fuck the dragons, GOT'some real production heroes are the costume designers.

- R+L=J! Again, predictable but satisfying.

I felt this season was totally the worst so far. Still enjoyable and containing a few great episodes. But it's fanfic at this point. Oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: The way the show treats time and distance in this season irks me to no end. Arya showing up at the Twins, Littlefinger coming from the Vale to the North in like a day, Varys traveling from the East to Dorne then back to Mareen... ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    But it's fanfic at this point. Oh well.
    Whats fanfic about it? All the big lines are what GRRM intended. Cersei on the iron throne. Jon Snow king of the north. Bran 3 eye raven. Arya faceless man assassin. Daenerys sailing to westeros.

My personal prediction. Jamie kills Cersei. Jon Snow end as the king of the seven kingdoms. Its in the book title, a song of fire and ice. Thats the description of Jon's character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I wish HBO would stop with the teleportation stuff. Maybe the people in Dorne have magic abilities we don't know about and that is how they killed Myrcella and then also in tonights episode got Varys from slavers bay to dorne and back so quickly.
    People reading too much into it. Its more like in the book, events arent played in perfect order. Some of the chapters are a matter of days, hours, others months, depending on what character. For all we know Varys could have been gone for an entire month. Getting ready an entire fleet is not something you do over night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like IMDB has another 10 rating for a while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Whats fanfic about it? All the big lines are what GRRM intended. Cersei on the iron throne. Jon Snow king of the north. Bran 3 eye raven. Arya faceless man assassin. Daenerys sailing to westeros.

My personal prediction. Jamie kills Cersei. Jon Snow end as the king of the seven kingdoms. Its in the book title, a song of fire and ice. Thats the description of Jon's character.

- - - Updated - - -

People reading too much into it. Its more like in the book, events arent played in perfect order. Some of the chapters are a matter of days, hours, others months, depending on what character. For all we know Varys could have been gone for an entire month. Getting ready an entire fleet is not something you do over night.
    It's fanfic because a huge quantity of stuff aren't the same as the books. The major lines will probably be the same, but how they get there is totally different. The books being canon, the show is then a fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Characters are not the same as Martin intended, IMHO. The overall plot may be similar, but details and substance of these characters is vastly apart from the books.

Deleted
    Kitt Harrington is hot as fuck. Damn.

Lotta mixed emotions for me this episode. Thoughts as follows;

- I started crying as soon as Lady Mormont stood up. Predictable, but tears flowed openly.

- Cersi's dress was FABULOUS! Fuck the dragons, GOT'some real production heroes are the costume designers.

- R+L=J! Again, predictable but satisfying.

I felt this season was totally the worst so far. Still enjoyable and containing a few great episodes. But it's fanfic at this point. Oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: The way the show treats time and distance in this season irks me to no end. Arya showing up at the Twins, Littlefinger coming from the Vale to the North in like a day, Varys traveling from the East to Dorne then back to Mareen... ugh.
    No one ever said one episode=one day. It's always been like that. Don't you remember episode 2-3? They did Winterfell -> KL in one episode. Does that mean they did it in one day? No.
    Same goes for this episode. Daario says "ships are finally preped" do you think they preped the ships in one day? No it took time, and in that time loads of stuff happened. We get to see a few minutes in various days/months. That doesn't mean the timelaps is accurate to ours.

And I disagree on the "worst season". We had 3 episodes where they were setting up the two last episodes, which are easily the best episodes 9 and 10 in the series. So yes those episodes weren't action packed or anything. But the whole start of the season was good, and the end was brilliant. And that is imo quite enough to make it a good season.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Teleportation? You actually want to start adding "X time passed" every time they change scenes? o_O;
    The only thing that confuses me is the Sweeney Todd scene, I get it, Arya wants revenge, but isn't that a little way to twisted for her character? Not to mention a huge fucking waste of time if you ask me...
    They used the Manderly plot from the books. It's a wink to the book readers. Normally Manderly (fervant Stark supporter) kills and feeds some Frey's to Walder while pretending to be his servant.

Loved it. No complaints.

Perfect TV show.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    I wonder if cersei using wildfire on innocent people will outweight jaime's love for her as he didnt look happy, he killed the mad king for it.
    He's took a different path from her a while ago in the books, readers were waiting for that moment in the show, now he'll hate her for what she's done.
    And she will be very very alone when Dany "good job I have a family name" comes to Westeros.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post
    It's fanfic because a huge quantity of stuff aren't the same as the books. The major lines will probably be the same, but how they get there is totally different. The books being canon, the show is then a fanfic.
    Are you saying the episodes GRRM himself wrote were fanfic of himself too? Those are just idiotic arguments. The show is as much as a fanfic as any tv/movie/video game adaptation of a book (they arent). Fan fiction would be Tyrion making love to Jon Snow. Thats why its called an adaptation.

- - - Updated - - -

Characters are not the same as Martin intended, IMHO. The overall plot may be similar, but details and substance of these characters is vastly apart from the books.
    Nobody from the main cast is that appart from the book. Deanarys, Jon, Arya, Cersei, Jamie, Sansa, Tyrion, Bran. Cutting or changing lesser characters or speeding up some plots is part of adaptation. As much as i hate Dorn getting the shaft, fact is even in the book by the end its clear it will be secondary and the end result will be Cersei on the Iron Throne. The TV show simply had to go ahead, i mean for god sake Arya probably gona have boobs before GRRM finish the next book lol. Rickon was almost as tall as Ramsey.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-06-27 at 01:09 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I'm also a bit confused as to why she can wear those masks when she's clearly "Someone."
    Likely because the idea that you need to be "noone" in order to wear a face is rather unfounded. Aside from the fact that everyone knows who they were barring genuine amnesia, there's no real indication of that necessity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Yeah, I mean it's not like Tyrion visited those same crypts in Season 2.
    I grant what you mean, but he actually didn't. He was visiting the pyromancer guild hall and their stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    Likely because the idea that you need to be "noone" in order to wear a face is rather unfounded. Aside from the fact that everyone knows who they were barring genuine amnesia, there's no real indication of that necessity.
    I am the only one that realize that the correct answer to "who are you" was Arya Stark all along? Not just the words, for her to actually want to be Arya Stark again? I mean Jaqen instantly makes a smilling smirk when he sees the Waif face up there? So things went as he intended? Wouldnt it be easier to play pretend convincingly if you never lost track of who you really are and what are your own goals?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I knew since season 1 that Jon Snow was a fucking Targeryan (sorry for the spelling)... it was so obvious. He and Daenerys will marry for sure. Unless they're too closely related ? Then again it's GoT.
    People should get this idea out of their head. Martin did specify it will be a bittersweet ending. If Jon is really Azor Ahaï he will die killing the Night King. Not happy on a throne.
    Plus if the world gets to know that Jon is a Targ and he gets legitimized he is first in place for the throne, if you think Dany will be happy giving up her power to him just like that you are dreaming

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    One would assume that all of that was either a) used in the battle for Blackwater, or b) removed anyhow after the mad king's threats were ended by Jaime. Silly writing.
    Those stores had to be searched for by someone who knew they might be there. Jaime knew something was up with the Pyromancers way back during Robert's Rebellion, but he didn't know what. (ie. he knew he was saving the city because he knew Aerys was that murderous, but he didn't know the exact details.) He wasn't inclined to look himself, and nobody was inclined to listen to him as he was the "Kingslayer"

Aerys' stores have been hidden all that time. (Incidentally he hid more than just under the Sept of Baelor. Jaime may still yet have to kill Cersei to save K.L.)

The Wildfyre used at the Battle of the Blackwater was what had been made by the Pyromancers in the intervening time, including what Cersei and Tyrion had ordered prior.