Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i definitely firmly believe in keeping the second amendment.

but i also think people on the watch/no fly lists should be banned from buying guns. they'll probably wind up getting one anyway, but at least it's one more hurdle to jump through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positio...endment-rights

we must do everything we to protect our freedoms. Yes freedom comes with repercussions and risk but it's totally worth it over a false sense of security that is the government to protect us instead and many us.
    The way to make America great again, is to do nothing? Isn't that an oxymoron?

What do you think of his claims that background checks deter criminals, because most are not stupid enouph to get them legally?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

15+ Year Old Account
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number...ita_by_country

Are you trying to tell me there's some sort of correlation between citizens being armed and the greatness of a country?

Where are all these people desperate to emigrate to the great country of Yemen?

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    Nice try, troll post. He doesn't take any freedoms away if you are an american citizen. Illegals should be deported.
    It's not a troll post at all. If you only care about freedom for some people, then you don't really care about freedom at all. On top of that, he has consistently stated he wants to weaken 1st and 4th Amendment freedoms of Americans, particularly Muslims and the press.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    I love how protective you guys are about your 2nd amendment and how the constitution can never ever change and its stuck there no matter what.
    Looking at the basic stats

In 2014, 9,967 people were killed in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (31%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in 2013, firearms were used in 84,258 nonfatal injuries (26.65 per 100,000 U.S. citizens) and 11,208
    deaths by homicide

Alcohol and firearms are pretty close to the same in terms of deaths caused, so let's ban both. That's what we after right? Preventing needless deaths?

7+ Year Old Account
    His plan was to ban any non-american immigrant muslim from entering US. You can't ban an american citizen. Tho you could put him on the no-flight list like Obama administration did.
    Tell that to Trump:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...ms-entering-us

Specifically

Asked by The Hill whether that would include American Muslims currently abroad, Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks replied over email: “Mr. Trump says, ‘everyone.’ ”

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    Should be interesting to see if they can stop the bloated meglomaniac from even getting the nomination.
    But Hillary has already clinched it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi
    Thx America for destroying Europe and world and all mess you cause bcs of your selfishness and only thinking abot yourself and of your interest, creating IS, killing in the name of democracy, etc etc...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Looking at the basic stats

In 2014, 9,967 people were killed in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (31%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in 2013, firearms were used in 84,258 nonfatal injuries (26.65 per 100,000 U.S. citizens) and 11,208
    deaths by homicide

Alcohol and firearms are pretty close to the same in terms of deaths caused, so let's ban both. That's what we after right? Preventing needless deaths?
    Since when did increased regulations mean ban?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    what freedoms is that? Serious question I am asking because I can't recall any but I don't read very many stories about Trump.
    He spoke about pushing against the 1st Amendment freedoms of the press, as well as limiting 4th Amendment rights of Muslim citizens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    [I]In 2014, 9,967 people were killed in alcohol-impaired [B]driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (31%) of all [B]traffic-related [B]deaths in the United States. [B]
    We should totally track who has a car and make them register when they transfer ownership, but then people would be up in arms about the guberment coming to take their cars and how that's against Article 4 of the Constitution.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

7+ Year Old Account
    It's a pity people don't want to change regulations on their guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    what freedoms is that? Serious question I am asking because I can't recall any but I don't read very many stories about Trump.
    His surveillance of mosques and limiting citizen travel are pretty easy to understand. You got TSA through the Patriot Act and warrantless wire taping, because we feared terrorists. Now you are going to give up travel rights and increase security, because Trump supporters fear Muslims. I'm sure who ever is president at the time, will get blamed for funding what supporters cheered when they thought they had nothing to worry about, because they are not terrorist.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    It's a pity people don't want to change regulations on their guns.
    BUH MAH GUNZ! isn't that the answer? I guess people just like their penis extensions too much. The evil word regulations is blasphemy

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    BUH MAH GUNZ! isn't that the answer? I guess people just like their penis extensions too much. The evil word regulations is blasphemy
    Well you can't ban these guns! *kisses biceps*

10+ Year Old Account
    To bar fair, a lot of the existing and proposed regulations are stupid and most NRA members are in favor of sensible changes such as closing the gun show loophole etc. But for example, the "no fly, no buy" proposed law is asinine given how easy it is to get put on the no fly list and how hard it is to get off.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Well you can't ban these guns! *kisses biceps*
    Pictures or you're a liar liar pants on fire

Since when did increased regulations mean ban?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    We should totally track who has a car and make them register when they transfer ownership, but then people would be up in arms about the guberment coming to take their cars and how that's against Article 4 of the Constitution.
    I'm actually all for increased regulations, but it depends to what extent we "increase" the regulation. If we make it near impossible to legally get a gun, we've effectively banned them. If you can't get people to quit smoking, just keep adding on taxes until you get to around $15 a pack. They didn't ban smoking, They just artificially priced it out of most everyone's range (if only everyone would follow New York's lead on this)

But you're right, let's not say Ban, let's say "increased regulations"

I think people need to be careful what they truely believe in.

If your willing to give up your 2nd amendment rights just because of a few crazies whats next on the list. Are we going to allow congress to make laws that limit our speech to only be PC? Just because someone doesnt like what someone else said about them? Just because a white guy doesnt like a black guy or black people in general he has to be vilified? Are we going to allow the government even more into our lives and give up our 4th amendment rights so they can come in and inspect our homes and go through our things just because a few radical extremists or spies are in our country?

You people need to ask yourselves what is worth fighting for. Your so young you dont know what true war is. Its messy, its brutal, and the only reason we do it, is to protect what we believe in. Some Americans are losing site of that. I hope its not too late when we realize our founders were correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    OP is spot on. The 1st and 2nd amendments must stay rock solid.

Nice try, troll post. He doesn't take any freedoms away if you are an american citizen. Illegals should be deported.
    but most of the population of america is an immigrant, the only true Americans are the native Indians, while i agree nothing significant will happen with gun control in a long time, there should be so much control measures in place before you even get a gun, at the very least you should have to go through a criminal check, mental evaluation and then get a licence to handle a firearm all paid for by the person wanting the gun, this would lead to more responsible gun owners, won't be perfect but it would be a start.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen