10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Oh yeah she is definitly not 100% honest with him, not saying she is.
    But that many think she's playing him like LF plays other people is going a bit too far I think?
    Yeah I don't think she means any ill will towards Jon but she's so easily manipulated and LF already sunk his claws in once again. I really hope she grows up and realizes how dangerous and shit he is. She and Jon need to handle him asap before he backstabs them (well Jon, he'd never harm Sansa I don't think)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    But again, has this been confirmed? Cause all I've been reading is that this is what D&D were wanting, but were still in discussions with HBO.
    I hope that's true because I want to see as many more episodes as possible. I don't want this show to end, god dammit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, in the show we saw that Arya cut the Waifs face off. We don't see her actually doing it, but the face is placed there with blood still on it on stuff. So, I'm assuming Arya killed the servant girl and cut her face off to use as a disguise.

Pretty brutal.
    Indeed she does but when seeing her cut off face you see it's all bloody and mutilated. There's more to making a proper mask afaik and her just ripping the face off the Waif wasn't the cool/calculated method of Jaqen. It also doesn't make sense because when she pulls hers off it's like a rubber mask where the Waif and Jaqen remove them with a simple swipe, like magic. It just confuses me and I don't know if its intentional or D&D are just inconsistent with FM lore.

A good episode. Too much sandsnakes though. And it's very sad what they did to Arya storyline which in general was most intriguing to me.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, thanks.

I haven't read the books yet, but I do plan to once the show ends. Even bought myself some nice leather-bound ones
    Jealous! 10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    D&D are just inconsistent with --- lore.
    This would never happen.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Well, in the show we saw that Arya cut the Waifs face off. We don't see her actually doing it, but the face is placed there with blood still on it on stuff. So, I'm assuming Arya killed the servant girl and cut her face off to use as a disguise.

Pretty brutal.
    The face probably didn't come from a servant girl since Walder didn't recognize her. She could've gotten the face from literally any girl, maybe one already dead for whatever reason.

I mean, she couldn't kill the actress on orders from her tutor because she was innocent. That's pretty much her defining moment in that whole arc. But she has no problems killing and stealing the face from innocent servant girls? Doubt it.
    Last edited by Thrif; 2016-06-27 at 03:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Cya next year!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think ever since Breaking Bad ended, this show is officially the best show on television right now. Amazing god damn season. The Sandsnakes are still pretty meh and I don't really understand what role the Hound will have to play going forward, but other than that a nearly flawless season.

The season was pretty meh. Hodor's death and ep 9, 10 were the only good things tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    So the scene in the show doesn't make a lot of sense to me in comparison. I suppose you can chalk it up to just Cersei and her overall fuckery, but it doesn't quite have the level of political intrigue that the original version has.
    Well, he was the one whispering to Tommen right before he banned Trial by Combat, so it's safe to assume that he's cahoots with High Sparrow somehow, or at least not on Cersei's side. So I guess he had to die, and since he wasn't going to the Sept, any way is as good as another I guess.

What got me more confounded was the little bird that kited Lancel into the underground dungeon, stabbed him and left him with the wildfire. I mean I get it from a storytelling viewpoint, they wanted us to see the wildfire and make the realization and make it more dramatic than it would've been if it had just exploded, but I still dont get it from a story viewpoint.

Was it an accident that he was seen? Was it planned? And either way it was pretty stupid just leaving him there, if he would've been marginally faster he could've thwarted their whole plan easily, and Cerseis both would've lost out on her revenge and had her punishment tenfold.

I've really no clue about that. If someone could shed some light on it, or just their theories, it would be welcome. To me it just felt very strange,

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, you're right. I wonder if Arya is actually able to kill a person just for their face. I mean, yeah, she can be ruthless... but she still feels some compassion for people, as shown with the actress she didn't kill. Killing someone just for this face seems really messed up, but maybe she's putting her revenge first and doesn't care, atm.

Or maybe she took some masks with her when she left... though, wouldn't it be taking faces from the Faceless God if they're removed from there?
    Yeah. No scenario really feels plausible as to how she actually acquired the face in the first place. I guess that's why they didn't show it to us, and just hoped people would be so thrilled over Frey finally getting what's coming that people wouldn't question it.

Or how she found the time, facilities, and privacy to carve up two human adult bodies.
    Yeah, those "details" too. I might be a bit weird, but for me they easily could've made an entire episode out of just that, showing her acquiring faces and getting into the Twins and setting up the whole Scott Tenorman. I would've loved to learn more about the workings of a faceless man, just what their abilities and limits are. As of now, Arya just seems to have gone Godmode and managed to kill and cook two of the most prominent Freys and killed Walder without breaking a sweat. Really a bit anticlimactic and rushed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I wish HBO would stop with the teleportation stuff. Maybe the people in Dorne have magic abilities we don't know about and that is how they killed Myrcella and then also in tonights episode got Varys from slavers bay to dorne and back so quickly.
    Varys's visit with Dorne and the final scene of the episode were weeks, if not months, apart, seeings as how the Targaryen fleet (oh fuck yeah I got to say "Targaryen fleet") contained Martell and Tyrell ships.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    The season was pretty meh. Hodor's death and ep 9, 10 were the only good things tbh.
    Yeah, sadly the rest of the season was rather uninspiring.

But The Door, The Battle of the Bastards, and the Winds of Winter were superb. And the last one was, IMO, the best episode of the series, even better than Hardholm and the Rains of Castamere.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2016-06-27 at 03:43 PM.
    Putin khuliyo

At some level i think Jon sensed Brans vision
    I hope Sansa considers Littlefingers offer, then turns him over to Jon
    Where were Brienne and Pod
    The Blackfish is alive, the Freys are done, and the Lannisters army returned to Kings Landing, making the Riverlands open again

- - - Updated - - -

Oh i think Aryas face that she used was taken from the faceless men, and replaced it with the Waifs
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Or how she found the time, facilities, and privacy to carve up two human adult bodies.
    Well, first I'd like for someone to address how she got her hand on LFs teleporter.

Maybe im too blind but where do you see the Tyrell and Dorne sigils on the fleet scene?

I see only Black flags with red dragons

Everyone who mentions a teleporter and doesn't understand the concept that time passes between scenes should probably not cross the street without an adult there to hold their hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    I've really no clue about that. [About Lancel] If someone could shed some light on it, or just their theories, it would be welcome. To me it just felt very strange,
    Idk about that. Seems weird, only there for dramatic effect. The kid actually had no reason to go to the caves at all since he could have lit a fire there as soon as the trial for Loras started, but he waited until the...uhhh...the nazi tattoo guys all left to get Cersei. And one kid vs. Lancel was lucky. Lancel could have easily gotten everyone to back him up.

Maybe Cersei wanted to especially punish Lancel since Lancel is the one who told the Sparrow about her sins in the first place since he betrayed her trust?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackroseyagami View Post
    Maybe im too blind but where do you see the Tyrell and Dorne sigils on the fleet scene?

I see only Black flags with red dragons
    Reddit did their research

https://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthron...plained_proof/
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    At some level i think Jon sensed Brans vision
    This!

In that short period of time i was like "oh man!! Bran is show this vision to Jon!!!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Everyone who mentions a teleporter and doesn't understand the concept that time passes between scenes should probably not cross the street without an adult there to hold their hand.

Idk about that. Seems weird, only there for dramatic effect. The kid actually had no reason to go to the caves at all since he could have lit a fire there as soon as the trial for Loras started, but he waited until the...uhhh...the nazi tattoo guys all left to get Cersei. And one kid vs. Lancel was lucky. Lancel could have easily gotten everyone to back him up.

Maybe Cersei wanted to especially punish Lancel since Lancel is the one who told the Sparrow about her sins in the first place since he betrayed her trust?
    That was my assumption. Cersei wanted Lancel to see in his last minutes what she was going to do.
    Putin khuliyo