Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I think all the sentient races in WoW are pretty similar. Peaceful if they want to be, or warmongering if they want to be. It's all about who's leading them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volendrung View Post
    I think all the sentient races in WoW are pretty similar. Peaceful if they want to be, or warmongering if they want to be. It's all about who's leading them.
    the matter between H and A which solution to chose first when dealing with issue, Peaceful or Warmonger
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

In Rise of the Horde is pretty evident that while Orcs are not naturally evil they are driven to evil acts while under the influence of the Burning Legion. Orcs are not evil, nor are they good, the same way that humans aren't inherently evil. The Orcs lived in peace with the Draenei for a long time. They only slaughtered them after the Burning Legion started influencing them. While they are indeed guilty of letting themselves being manipulated they are not inherently evil as some around here think.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morkrul View Post
    In Rise of the Horde is pretty evident that while Orcs are not naturally evil they are driven to evil acts while under the influence of the Burning Legion. Orcs are not evil, nor are they good, the same way that humans aren't inherently evil. The Orcs lived in peace with the Draenei for a long time. They only slaughtered them after the Burning Legion started influencing them. While they are indeed guilty of letting themselves being manipulated they are not inherently evil as some around here think.
    And it is very well explained what drove Ner'zhul to even consider attacking the Draenei with Kil'Jaeden taking the guise of his wife and ancestors and stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Oh gawd, this is funny. Orcs are cave beasts, they always have been and always will be. The confusion you're feeling is Blizzards inability to follow a story and they just jump back and forth between "good and evil" because it creates longevity, and the lore readers love it to pieces because they think they are stumbling onto some secret reasoning to why the story changes like that.

Orcs are bad, always have been and they always will be. The orcs wanted to go to war in WC1, WC2, WC3 (they complained all the time about not having humans to fight), and in WoW. The Thrall philosophy for whatever it is only matters as long as he is in charge, as soon as someone else takes over they go right back to what they were doing before. I'm sure someone will be along to protest but even the WoD short stories showed them for exactly what they were, Durotan killed his own wolf, Kilrogg killed his own father, the Orcs of WoD followed Hellscream without question even without the demon taint, attacked the Draenei without demon taint, etc etc etc. They commited all the same acts without the taint as they did in the main timeline with it. They are bad by default, Thrall is the only reason for the difference. Them trying to make Orgrim a good guy is just laughable as he was the largest contributor to the Human genocide, leading the raids and horde in WC1 and WC2.
    I agree with most of your points except for Durotan. The Frostwolf Orcs are the only clan that actively rejects the orcish bloodlust. Durotan was so perturbed by his action and felt such remorse for what he did to his wolf that he wears the wolf's skin as a badge of remembrance and shame. I think this is more of a societal difference between the clans tbh. The Frostwolves are the noble warriors that reject the bloodlust and are seen as "weak" by the other clans because of this.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    the matter between H and A which solution to chose first when dealing with issue, Peaceful or Warmonger
    every other issue on Azeroth is dealt with force and threat

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hatchet View Post
    How did the orcs come to play nice with the Tauren and Trolls, but can't play nice with the Alliance?
    Its eaier to 'play nice' with n ally than an enemy???

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Orcs are bad, always have been and they always will be. The orcs wanted to go to war in WC1, WC2, WC3 (they complained all the time about not having humans to fight), and in WoW
    Wanting to fight your enemies/people your at war with makes you bad eh?

Does that not make every person/race/living thing across the universe 'bad'?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    dont forget night elves caused war of the ancients.
    Yeah and they solve their shit. Contrary to the orcs who needed the Alliance(And Gul'dan) to stop their blood-shed.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHMRulez1 View Post
    Yeah and they solve their shit. Contrary to the orcs who needed the Alliance(And Gul'dan) to stop their blood-shed.
    And nelves needed the ancients, cenarious and the dragons to help them. They were also much better equipped to fight back and more advanced than the orcs.A la that had the elite corrupted,Area that only the elitewere corrupted, Not the majority
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2016-06-30 at 03:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHMRulez1 View Post
    Apples and oranges. Orcs were fighting for their misguided cause, Night Elves were literally defending themselves from a batshit insane queen who allied with the Legion and wanted to clean the world of anything that didn't look pretty as her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.