Thread: UEFA Euro 2016

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Germany always know how to play strong teams. A Dutch saying goes: The match isn't over till the last whistle and at the end the Germans win.
    I'm also putting all the money on Germany now.

Germany always know how to play strong teams. A Dutch saying goes: The match isn't over till the last whistle and at the end the Germans win.
    In Poland that saying goes "football is a game where 22 guys chase a ball for 90 minutes, and in the end Germans win". ^^ Still, Germans don't always win.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    You obviously did not watch yesterday's match.
    Yeah, I have. Slovakia was utter shit. Italy is 5 leagues above Slovakia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    Germany havent impressed me.

Italy were top bois just then.

spain was terrible, good to see them out. wanting a smaller tournament...comedy gold

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post

Yeah, I have. Slovakia was utter shit. Italy is 5 leagues above Slovakia.

Well of course they are. I'm not saying it will be easy. All I'm saying is there is no favorite here. Everything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    spain was terrible, good to see them out. wanting a smaller tournament...comedy gold
    yes, it should have been a smaller tournament

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still in for a tournament with 16 teams. That first round was awful. Worst EC ever

De Rossi's injury is quite a disaster for us. Sturaro is meh, Motta a total disgrace.

Gonna be a tough match up for both.

There goes the possibility of a full Iberic final...oh well, didn't see the game but in the resume Italy looked great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    There goes the possibility of a full Iberic final...oh well, didn't see the game but in the resume Italy looked great.
    Italy outclassed Spain. Spain had 15 mins of glory and that's about it. Del Bosque's loss will not be mourned, he had some incredible luck at times.

Only 1 spot left in the Quarter-Finals, will it be England or Iceland?

would love to see Iceland progress

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    5 shots on target isn't exactly many, and only one or two were real goal scoring chances. If you've got 60% of the ball and you're 1-0 down you need to be fair more dangerous. Too many times a ball crossed in with only one man in the box, that's just a waste.
    5 shots on target is many, the only team with an average of more than 5.5 in the premier league last season was Totenham, the premier league average is 3.8. Especially considering its Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    would love to see Iceland progress
    I don't want any of them to reach the Semi-Finals but today i would like to see Iceland advance too. Just for the irony of England laughing when we drew them. This game will be a bit different, it's not group stage anymore but still, can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm cheering for the Sons and Dottirs but will be surprised if England screws this up. They are known for having expectations way too high(Michael Owen, boy wonder rofl) but they are favourite in this one 80-20.

I'm still in for a tournament with 16 teams. That first round was awful. Worst EC ever
    it was awful because the 'good' teams were awful. only germany and italy have been good so far

and the solution is not to favorize a couple of teams, but to bring other teams up to par. in that sense a larger tournament is a great idea

If England were to lose today where would that rank?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    If England were to lose today where would that rank?
    FIFA new ranking:

Bottlers: England

- - - Updated - - -

I'm actually going to root for Italy for the rest of the tourney just because I love Pellè. Such a gentleman.

it was awful because the 'good' teams were awful. only germany and italy have been good so far

and the solution is not to favorize a couple of teams, but to bring other teams up to par. in that sense a larger tournament is a great idea
    couldn't you just do that in qualifying? Otherwise just make it a straight up knockout tournament with all of the european teams

10+ Year Old Account

A tournament won't get better with lower seeded teams. They will, which I completely understand, try to not conceive any goals. That won't make a tournament better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    FIFA new ranking:

Bottlers: England

- - - Updated - - -

I'm actually going to root for Italy for the rest of the tourney just because I love Pellè. Such a gentleman.
    Me too but that has to do with his Feyenoord link.