Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

The worst part: Selfish, ignorant players.

They test my patience to the limit. I often have to stop playing because I get some games in a row, where there's one or more players that stubbornly refuse to do anything with the team. They don't change their picks. They don't play with the team. They don't listen to communication. They don't communicate themselves, until the end of the game where they'll just insult you.

When and where, did it become acceptable for peoples selfishness and ignorance to be more important, even DEFENDED, rather than the enjoyment and effort of the team as a whole? People loudly and aggressively defend themselves not giving a shit about their team and even say it's their RIGHT to do so. I just can't understand this kind of absolute arrogance and selfishness.

I sincerely doubt ranked play will remedy this is in the slightest, as people tend to be even more ignorant and above all elitists in ranked modes in any game, and thus anything they do is above reproach.
    I really, really wish Blizzard would adress this somehow. Make people watch some instructional videos that can't be skipped, or something like that. Force people to at the very least, watch videos that instruct them about teamwork and the importance of coordination.
    But worst of all, is that you will get punished if you don't stick through the entire game with one or more people like that on your team. You get punished for their ignorance, just because you don't tolerate them. I understand that leaving a game and putting some other poor bastard into it instead of yourself isn't good, but that really isn't my fault. It's the fault of the players that are so bad, so ignorant, so selfish and even toxic, that I feel forced to leave.

What does Blizzard do about that? Nothing, nothing at all. They keep punishing the innocent as if that'll fix the problem.
    Like with many things in the real world, education is the solution. Present information in a proper way that cannot be avoided, test the player and make sure they understand it.
    Personally, I would love to see a system where one can report people for trolling and non-cooperation, but I realize that is an impossible dream. I fear that the reason that would never happen, is because it's too much effort and it would inconvenience the casual, non-commited audience of the game.
    It makes me sad, because this is a really good game and when teams actually work, it's very enjoyable.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't get to determine how other people play the game they paid for.

If you're truly that upset about how others play, get five other friends that you know will communicate and play that way.
    Anything else puts you at the mercy of someone who has every right to play the third attacking Torb as you do any other class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Seriously i dont get your point at all, so it is a fully casual game for now. Ppl log in and heaving fun one way or another, if you wonna pick symetra and teleport ppl of the clif you can do it right? Its not the ppl who are problem here its you, cus you denny every single person who bought the game and play the way you dont llike it right to do it.

If its rly such a big problem for you just gather some friends to play with...

^ Lol at these 2 posts.

I am with you OP and its the reason i didnt buy the game, 6-7 months in Beta it was exactly that.

We are in the period where the 2 above posters are in the right and wanting to play the game properly is wrong cause "you didnt pay for my game, my sub" and whatever other excuse they will use.

Ranked isnt any different, its exactly the same, saved my money <3

Its "toxic" to tell people that playing the game in a certain way aka 1+1=2

But its okay to play the game however you want aka 1+1 = 543534534.

So when i will go play chess, i will simply 1 shot the king with my soldier "I play how i want", its exactly the same logic but they simply dont understand it.

Everyone is self-entitled nowadays and its not the 15-20 years olds its all these delusional older people, the kids tend to tryhard at some point and despite playing wrong, they actually play a bit, they might not pick the proper hero or whatever, but their childish "I MUST WIN" tends to make them play a bit more properly.

Good old gaming years pre-2008 where you could simply punish people for ruining your game with their lack of skill cause most games were B2P, now that most are F2P there are too many and many = right.
    Last edited by potis; 2016-06-27 at 06:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not toxic to tell people the best way to play.
    It's absolutely fine to play the game how you want.
    if you want to play the game in a certain fashion, then the onus is on you to see that it happens. The tools exist, you aren't using them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use humor to deal with it, also set the option "avoid this player" when you run across a player you want to avoid. You can pull the menu up in match with P, just right-click the name and the option is there (the opposite is also available if you have run across people you like playing with).
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2016-06-27 at 07:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I'm with the OP too. One of the big features of the game is that you can change your hero during a match. If you're playing Tracer but continually dying, not getting kills, and generally not contributing, why would you not change to something that would help more?
    RETH

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    the worst is when someone rolls bastion or dwarfbjorn on an payload attack, le sigh, thankfully i like playing mercy and black dude so i always have heals to fall back on

10+ Year Old Account
    This is exactly why I avoid playing without at least person from my friends list, preferably 3-5. I've found that my worst games have tended to be when I was in a 5-stack and the 6th person just did their own thing. But all-in-all, this is just typical experiences from any online game. The competitive scene will 'hopefully' fix a bit of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    the worst is when someone rolls bastion or dwarfbjorn on an payload attack, le sigh, thankfully i like playing mercy and black dude so i always have heals to fall back on
    That isn't nearly as bad as having an idiot who refuses to swap off torbjorn when the enemy has two Pharahs and a Junkrat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    I'm with the OP too. One of the big features of the game is that you can change your hero during a match. If you're playing Tracer but continually dying, not getting kills, and generally not contributing, why would you not change to something that would help more?
    They may be practicing their Tracer play?

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    They test my patience to the limit. I often have to stop playing because I get some games in a row, where there's one or more players that stubbornly refuse to do anything with the team. They don't change their picks. They don't play with the team. They don't listen to communication. They don't communicate themselves, until the end of the game where they'll just insult you.

When and where, did it become acceptable for peoples selfishness and ignorance to be more important, even DEFENDED, rather than the enjoyment and effort of the team as a whole? People loudly and aggressively defend themselves not giving a shit about their team and even say it's their RIGHT to do so. I just can't understand this kind of absolute arrogance and selfishness.

I sincerely doubt ranked play will remedy this is in the slightest, as people tend to be even more ignorant and above all elitists in ranked modes in any game, and thus anything they do is above reproach.
    I really, really wish Blizzard would adress this somehow. Make people watch some instructional videos that can't be skipped, or something like that. Force people to at the very least, watch videos that instruct them about teamwork and the importance of coordination.
    But worst of all, is that you will get punished if you don't stick through the entire game with one or more people like that on your team. You get punished for their ignorance, just because you don't tolerate them. I understand that leaving a game and putting some other poor bastard into it instead of yourself isn't good, but that really isn't my fault. It's the fault of the players that are so bad, so ignorant, so selfish and even toxic, that I feel forced to leave.

What does Blizzard do about that? Nothing, nothing at all. They keep punishing the innocent as if that'll fix the problem.
    Like with many things in the real world, education is the solution. Present information in a proper way that cannot be avoided, test the player and make sure they understand it.
    Personally, I would love to see a system where one can report people for trolling and non-cooperation, but I realize that is an impossible dream. I fear that the reason that would never happen, is because it's too much effort and it would inconvenience the casual, non-commited audience of the game.
    It makes me sad, because this is a really good game and when teams actually work, it's very enjoyable.
    its a team game, so get a group of people and play with them. dont have 5 friends? no problem. you arent the only one who hates stupid randoms, so next time you play a game and see someone youd like to see more often, say hello and add them to your friend list, repeat until you have at least 5 friends online at any time you play.

i always find it funny when people complain that some computer cant find people they will like to play with.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like to lose because of a team mates incompetence either OP, I feel you.

I sincerely wish more people would try to play the objective and not sit around with their thumbs up their asses.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post

If you're truly that upset about how others play, get five other friends that you know will communicate and play that way.
    Anything else puts you at the mercy of someone who has every right to play the third attacking Torb as you do any other class.
    Just like how you don't get to determine if other people vaccinate the kids they had. /s
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

There is a solution far easier and plausible to achieve than changing the mindset of countless other players. It is to change yours.

Get a group of friends and play the game the way you want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Present information in a proper way that cannot be avoided, test the player and make sure they understand it.
    I'd literally just walk away from my computer and then guess on the test, and then proceed to, on purpose, be an ass. Or just get a refund.

But seriously, if your team doesn't want to play properly, just start dicking around yourself. Play heroes you don't know how to play and want to learn or something

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    Just like how you don't get to determine if other people vaccinate the kids they had. /s
    There's a BIG fucking difference there though.

I kinda agree with at some aspects. That people need to communicate in order for this to work. But Most of my encounters with people barking commands at others has been toxic, "We don't need a Fucking X" The attitude is what makes people react badly. Some guy was mercilessly bashing this Junkrat for picking the wrong character on Attack. The need to win a meaningless game is so strong that they turn into giant assholes and doesn't come across as friendly.
    Let the Junkrat get good. He is not gonna get good at figuring how to survive if he's switching heroes alot. People invest in matches too much and when they lose, they turn so sour, it comes across as pathetic.

I agree with you to a point OP. Though people can play how they want. There's no reason to get Blizzard involved with their inevitable downgrade in statistics. Just leave once the game is over and get new people and hope for the best. Asking blizzard to get involved with this is like bitching to blizzard there's too many hunters in your raid group and they should re-roll. No one cares, you'll get a new group in a few minutes anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post

Man, first post and someone already saying this crap... its a team game. Sorry, you shouldn't be allowed to "do whatever you want."

You bought a game that is only pvp and randomly matches you with other people...you get what you pay for.