Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

“Grey’s Anatomy” star says police do drive-by shootings of blacks.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...m-America.html

His early words were met with widespread applause–a response that only grew in strength as his impassioned pleas continued.

He went on: ‘Now, what we’ve been doing is looking at the data and we know that police somehow manage to de-escalate, disarm and not kill white people every day. So what’s going to happen is we’re going to have equal rights and justice in our own country or we will restructure their function and ours.’

Led by the likes of Samuel L Jackson, the thousands gathered in Los Angeles’ Microsoft Theater took to their feet, cheering in agreement as the activist echoed the sentiments of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Williams continued: ‘I got more, y’all. Yesterday would have been young Tamir Rice’s 14th birthday so I don’t want to hear any more about how far we’ve come when paid public servants can pull a drive-by on a 12-year-old playing alone in a park in broad daylight, killing him on television, and then going home to make a sandwich.

YEA I GUESS HE MISSED THE VIDEO OF TAMIR POINTING A GUN(with no orange cap) AT PEOPLE INCLUDING THE COPS, with witnesses saying he looked 20.
    People are unused to truth.
    People follow consistent truth.
    Respect the power and impact of truth.
    Men who speak truth drive value.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CMartel View Post
    YEA I GUESS HE MISSED THE VIDEO OF TAMIR POINTING A GUN(with no orange cap) AT PEOPLE INCLUDING THE COPS, with witnesses saying he looked 20.
    And you're missing that the caller said, more than once, that the gun looked fake. You're also missing that they shot the kid while driving up, without even a moment to investigate. Neither officer bothered to administer any first aid after shooting him. How can you defend them?

Yet here is an unarmed white 19yo killed by cops http://abc30.com/news/vigil-for-teen...otest/1402701/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    And you're missing that the caller said, more than once, that the gun looked fake. You're also missing that they shot the kid while driving up, without even a moment to investigate. Neither officer bothered to administer any first aid after shooting him. How can you defend them?
    Have you seen the video with the kid pointing a gun at people? Obviously not

here is a white unarmed 19yo shot by cops this week http://abc30.com/news/vigil-for-teen-killed-in-officer-involved-shooting-turns-into-protest/1402701/

Until we stop calling ourselves 'Black", "White", "Hispanics", etc. and just settle on American things won't change....

Yeah they did shoot pretty quick, although it's hard to make that call in their shoes. I want to believe they didn't want to shoot a kid regardless of what color he was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Until we stop calling ourselves 'Black", "White", "Hispanics", etc. and just settle on American things won't change....
    How would you describe someone to the police if they robbed you? 4 american males robbed me go get them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet here is an unarmed white 19yo killed by cops http://abc30.com/news/vigil-for-teen...otest/1402701/
    One white kid being shot doesn't make up for the statistics that show that african-americans are far more likely to be treated with deadly force, which was Jesse William's point. We're not comparing tit for tat, we're talking about how an entire group of people literally fears being seen by the police because of systemic racism and persecution that has turned fatal far too often.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you seen the video with the kid pointing a gun at people? Obviously not

here is a white unarmed 19yo shot by cops this week http://abc30.com/news/vigil-for-teen...otest/1402701/
    This guy was white and I'll also say he was as stupid as Michael Brown and all of the others. He RAN at the police with his hands hidden.

- - - Updated - - -

One white kid being shot doesn't make up for the statistics that show that african-americans are far more likely to be treated with deadly force, which was Jesse William's point. We're not comparing tit for tat, we're talking about how an entire group of people literally fears being seen by the police because of systemic racism and persecution that has turned fatal far too often.
    Actually they are not more likely. So no. FBI experts have actually compiled statistics showing the complete opposite

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Yeah they did shoot pretty quick, although it's hard to make that call in their shoes. I want to believe they didn't want to shoot a kid regardless of what color he was.
    And I get that, he had what looked like a gun, they made a decision. I'm talking about how they did it while driving up and they decided to not even administer any first aid. That's about as cruel and callous as you can get.

The video of Tamir showed him pointing a gun at people. Anyone who has fired a gun knows better than to do that.

Here is what an actual bad cop killing looks like(around the same time as Tamir but ludenpress ignored) of a black cop coming up behind Dylan Taylor. The cop was supposed to be looking for a Hispanic guy with a red hat and shot Dylan in the back with no first aid either. Dylan never even heard the officer.

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/graph...eleased_062015

10+ Year Old Account
    America has a Black Entertainment Television channel!

I can understand foreign language channels, but why do you have colour segregated TV channels?

And I get that, he had what looked like a gun, they made a decision. I'm talking about how they did it while driving up and they decided to not even administer any first aid. That's about as cruel and callous as you can get.

What about this Detroit EMT that let a baby die because she didn't feel safe going to a scene?
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2272794

A Detroit EMT has been fired after she refused to go into a home to try and save an 8-month-old baby that ended up dying the next day.

Ann Marie Thomas was less than a mile away from the scene on the city’s west side, but never showed up because she was worried the baby’s family would get agitated at responding emergency medical technicians, WDIV-TV reported.

"I'm not about to be on no scene 10 minutes doing CPR, you know how these families get," she told her boss, according to a report obtained by the news station.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post

I can understand foreign language channels, but why do you have colour segregated TV channels?
    Whether you agree or not, the basis is that blacks needed a channel that would represent them and their interests. They didn't want to watch MTV videos with White Rock bands, they wanted something that had their music roots featured. They didn't want to watch full house and everyone loves Raymond, they wanted something that represented their way of life.

If we're fair, Blacks didn't get that in early television and I can understand why they would want something they could relate too. As someone raised in the South and farmlands, you get tired of seeing the same old stereotypes on TV about country people.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post

We needed to channel all of the shitty rap and all the sitcom actos not named Will Smith somewhere.

Plus. LaLa needed a job to buy her bags.

First, and VERY importantly, the video isn't actually a video in the purest since. It's a stitched together segment of periodic frames from a security camera.

Second, the kid clearly reacts aggressively in regards to the approaching police car. Had he just sat the gun on the table and backed away from it, instead of moving at a fast pace towards the incoming car with his toy gun raised he would be alive today.

Clearly his parent(s) didn't raise him to save a fight with the cops for civil court. False imprisonment, especially of a kid for a toy gun, would be an easy cash settlement from the city.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

The problem with this discussion and culture of "cops vs us" is so american it hurts my brain.
    For the record, I am not "bashing" american's; i became one myself last year , originally from europe, but the culture here in the US is pardon the pun "black and white"
    It's either the cops are evil, or the person they shot is.
    No one ever sees that BOTH sides are wrong.. Having a kid run around with a fake (which is hard to tell) gun pointing it at people going "bang bang" in this day and age is STUPID. The cops shooting to fast is wrong to.. both sides wrong.
    Same thing with the guy who got choked. he was obviously in the wrong and resisting arrest, but should the cops have used that much force? maybe not.
    But you can't have a reasoned discussion about this with Americans, they insist on you are either for me or against me, blue or red, black or white.

The only way to fix all these problem is not to change white culture, or black culture. You need to change "American" culture..
    And good luck with that ;P

"One white kid".
    -Racism is a two way street sir. How about the fact that the black homicide rate is 8 times higher than white and hispanics put together? Black people do an astounding majority of the crime in America and that's just a plain fact.

"african-americans are far more likely to be treated with deadly force"
    -This is 100% completely false. Far more white people than blacks are killed by police in America, both proportionally to their population sizes and in real numbers. More than half of all people killed by US police this year have been white, while only 25 percent have been black.

Please stop spreading your misinformation, expect a little more from a moderator.
    Last edited by Synadrasa; 2016-06-28 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Whether you agree or not, the basis is that blacks needed a channel that would represent them and their interests. They didn't want to watch MTV videos with White Rock bands, they wanted something that had their music roots featured. They didn't want to watch full house and everyone loves Raymond, they wanted something that represented their way of life.

If we're fair, Blacks didn't get that in early television and I can understand why they would want something they could relate too. As someone raised in the South and farmlands, you get tired of seeing the same old stereotypes on TV about country people.
    I would agree with this statement if BET wasn't a cesspool for promoting racism and hate. Oh wait, I forgot that only white people can do this. My apologies!

The fact is, although I really don't care, fixing segregation by creating segregation seems like an oxymoron.

Shot point blank in the chest or stomach more than once and there would have been clear signs he was dead.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why was he playing with a fake gun outside pointing it at people? Let's say it was a real gun, and the police hesitated. Let's say he shot the cop. Would the cop get a mention on the BET Awards.
    Let's say some older boys in the neighborhood ran up on this kid and shot him. Would any of these celebrities care?
    I'm not saying it's right that he got shot. I'm just fed up with this. All these celebrities and BLM want to talk about cops killing black people when a young black kid is more likely to be killed by another young black kid. Where's the outrage there? Look at how many get killed in Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, Atlanta. You're going to tell me that it's cops that are the problem when there are about 20 murders in Chicago every weekend. (That's a low number.)
    I'm not saying overzealous police don't exist. I'm not saying we don't have a problem with policing in our country. (When you send in a swat team to deal with 1 man locked in his house trying to harm himself, something is wrong.) In fact, I thought that's what people were going to address after the Michael Brown incident (don't even get me started on that one), but no. They devolved into a bigoted movement only caring about black people (even though more white people are killed by police than black people).

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    I would agree with this statement if BET wasn't a cesspool for promoting racism and hate. Oh wait, I forgot that only white people can do this. My apologies!

The fact is, although I really don't care, fixing segregation by creating segregation seems like an oxymoron.
    I think people's biggest hang up with BET is the B in it's name. I don't hear people complaining about Death metal radio stations, Country Music stations, or even RnB and Hip Hop stations. But because they called it Black Entertainment Television, it somehow worse, then if it had the same content and called "anything TV"

I'll agree BET didn't help itself, has many of the shows just painted the same stereotypes they were trying to get away from. But would we be eqully mad if they had a Scottish Entertainment Televison channel?