Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...control-bills/

California Governor Jerry Brown has wielded his executive pen on the raft of gun control measures informally known as “Gunpocalypse.” Brown signed AB 1135 – The Gutted and Amended “Assault Weapons” Ban and SB 880 – Expands “Assault Weapons” Ban to Include “Bullet Button” Semi-Auto Rifles, Pistols and AB 1511 – The Gutted and Amended Bill that Criminalizes Loaning Firearms. More info to follow.
    commiefornia at it again
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

the easiest things to get your hands on, are the illegal ones.

I can get any drug I want within a day, but try doing that with a prescription through a legit doctor. lol

Just like guns, you can go get illegal guns easily, but try (especially here in California) to purchase any firearm....you have to wait for background checks to clear, obtain your card showing that you completed some safety test about handling/operating firearms.

and I laugh at the whole "assault rifles" label people put on guns....like the AR-15 stands for "Assault Rifle" 15.....because NOPE, It does NOT. Stands for ARMALITE which is the company who first manufactured the AR-10, than later came out with the AR-15.

Fully Automatic Weapons are NOT "Assault" weapons.....that's a class on video games. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure AR-15's are all semi-auto to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post

yea I love living in California, but I'm looking deep into moving to Arizona. Lower housing costs, less gun control, and I'll still be close to my family while not leaving the West Coast.

CA has been a lost cause for a while. I don't think these new laws come as any surprise to anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    CA has been a lost cause for a while. I don't think these new laws come as any surprise to anyone.
    Only the fact that some were vetoed.

/painedlaugh

Honestly, it's all a joke. The updated assault weapon ban will be legally circumvented again in record time with ARMagLocks and AR's will be sold again in this state soon enough. The high-cap mag ban is just window-dressing, because it will only affect pre-ban mags and I seriously doubt any of those are going to be turned in for destruction.

The ammunition law is the worst of the lot, honestly, and I expect a booming business in reloading supplies in California soon.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    The ammunition law is the worst of the lot, honestly, and I expect a booming business in reloading supplies in California soon.
    You don't think they will begin to regulate that to?

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't think they will begin to regulate that to?
    I wouldn't be surprised if they tried. But good brass can be used many times and lead can be smelted. Even gunpowder and primers can be homemade.

And the likelihood of the state successfully passing legislature regulating all of the above to even make that necessary? Not terribly.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

According to CNN, House Democrats are planning to oppose the “No Fly, No Buy” legislation now being proposed by Republicans and projected for a vote following the Independence Day recess.

The proposal by Democrats they would have all such sales stopped by default, requiring the citizen to appeal that decision through the court system.

Many Republicans have pointed out that this places an enormous financial burden on the individual (who would have to finance their own legal challenge with no guarantee that it would be reimbursed), and is the exact opposite of the way the legal system is supposed to work — namely the concept of “innocent until proven guilty.”

The burden of proof would be on the individual to prove that they aren’t a terrorist instead of on the state to prove that the individual is an actual danger to society.

Republicans have produced their own version of the legislation which places the burden of proof on the government. According to their legislation the Attorney General would have three days following the interdicted firearms transaction to file an action with the court to make that purchase denial permanent.
    So basically we are moving to a nation of guilty until proven innocent? Thats all I can gather.

"You are a terrorist. No? Prove it."

What kind of fallacy bullshit is this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovenIt View Post
    the easiest things to get your hands on, are the illegal ones.

I can get any drug I want within a day, but try doing that with a prescription through a legit doctor. lol

Just like guns, you can go get illegal guns easily, but try (especially here in California) to purchase any firearm....you have to wait for background checks to clear, obtain your card showing that you completed some safety test about handling/operating firearms.

and I laugh at the whole "assault rifles" label people put on guns....like the AR-15 stands for "Assault Rifle" 15.....because NOPE, It does NOT. Stands for ARMALITE which is the company who first manufactured the AR-10, than later came out with the AR-15.

Fully Automatic Weapons are NOT "Assault" weapons.....that's a class on video games. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure AR-15's are all semi-auto to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

yea I love living in California, but I'm looking deep into moving to Arizona. Lower housing costs, less gun control, and I'll still be close to my family while not leaving the West Coast.
    Hopefully you can make the move. Arizona is a much better choice than Cali.

i've been to a few bars and concealed carried but i wasnt going there to drink it was always to see the band.
    Yep. I've been at places where drinking occurred while I carried but I never drank during it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Only the fact that some were vetoed.

/painedlaugh

Honestly, it's all a joke. The updated assault weapon ban will be legally circumvented again in record time with ARMagLocks and AR's will be sold again in this state soon enough. The high-cap mag ban is just window-dressing, because it will only affect pre-ban mags and I seriously doubt any of those are going to be turned in for destruction.

While I'm not in California I still plan on getting some solid reloading stuff once I get moved into my new house. Washington State is gorgeous but is getting closer and closer to Cali regarding guns every day.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So basically we are moving to a nation of guilty until proven innocent? Thats all I can gather.

"You are a terrorist. No? Prove it."

What kind of fallacy bullshit is this?
    Some would have it that way. The fascist attitude of " If you do not agree with my stance, I will try to force you to ". The whole issue with the no fly, no buy is, it is a violation of one's constitutional rights. If you are placed on a watch list and as a result of the government doing such, you lose a constitutional right, they need to be required to give you a fair trial. Why anyone would be opposed to that concept speaks volumes of how much of a fascist they are.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2016-07-04 at 12:45 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Some would have it that way. The fascist attitude of " If you do not agree with my stance, I will try to force you to ". The whole issue with the no fly, no buy is, it is a violation of one's constitutional rights. If you are placed on a watch list and as a result of the government doing such, you lose a constitutional right, they need to be required to give you a fair trial. Why anyone would be opposed to that concept speaks volumes of how much of a fascist they are.
    Could they argue with civil forfeiture rulings?

I´m curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Only thing stopping me is this great job that I have been at for the last 5 months, if I had my old job I would be gone already. But even though I have a great chance at a career where I am at.

If I can find something very close to it in Arizona, I'm out of here in a heartbeat!!! Thankfully every city has Auto Repair shops, but I need it to lead to Assistant or full blown Store manager in the next few years lol. Because that's where I'm heading with these guys

I love California, but it's no doubt, the WORST governed state in the country. These morons can't run this place to save their lives, or ours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Could they argue with civil forfeiture rulings?

I´m curious.
    Such as? No right to drive a car?

Can't believe he actually signed half of these bills, and he didn't even sign the one that ACTUALLY made sense which was stealing of any gun worth less than $950 would be a felony because right now it's still a misdemeanor.

How the hell am I supposed to buy ammo online now? Guess I'll learn to make my own ammo and buy a press. Hell if the prices balloon out of control it might make a nice side job.

How can you support a ban on "assault weapons" when the term is not defined?

"Black and scary" is not a fitting way to determine what is an assault weapon and what is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    Can't believe he actually signed half of these bills, and he didn't even sign the one that ACTUALLY made sense which was stealing of any gun worth less than $950 would be a felony because right now it's still a misdemeanor.

How the hell am I supposed to buy ammo online now? Guess I'll learn to make my own ammo and buy a press. Hell if the prices balloon out of control it might make a nice side job.
    Some of those bills are a " feels good " type. And with a small effort it is not that hard to make your own ammo. However, look for them in the future to try to curtail that if they can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovenIt View Post
    Only thing stopping me is this great job that I have been at for the last 5 months, if I had my old job I would be gone already. But even though I have a great chance at a career where I am at.

If I can find something very close to it in Arizona, I'm out of here in a heartbeat!!! Thankfully every city has Auto Repair shops, but I need it to lead to Assistant or full blown Store manager in the next few years lol. Because that's where I'm heading with these guys

I love California, but it's no doubt, the WORST governed state in the country. These morons can't run this place to save their lives, or ours.
    Well hopefully you can move up quickly and head out east. I feel your pain. I was stationed in 29 Palms for four years.

It was terrible.

Then again 29 Palms is just terrible. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post

I'll be getting into making my own once I get moved into my new place. Can't wait.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

15+ Year Old Account
    Such as? No right to drive a car?
    Uhm, hu? Civil forfeiture isn´t only about cars.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Uhm, hu? Civil forfeiture isn´t only about cars.
    Then please do inform us what your question pertains to. Some things are clearly Constitutional and some situations, a attorney may be able to successfully argue a person's Constitutional right to pursue happiness is being hindered by the government. All depends on the case. But the bottom line is, the people have the right to due process when they are being prosecuted or not allowed to exercise a Constitutional right.

You can stop a person's Constitutional right to keep and bare arms when they are convicted of a crime worthy of such a restriction. But the key is a conviction. Due process and all. A simple no fly, no buy law gives too much power to the government to take away a person's Constitutional right based on a suspicious or assumption of what might happen.

criminals dont follow laws.
    banning wont fix anything.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

15+ Year Old Account
    Then please do inform us what your question pertains to. Some things are clearly Constitutional and some situations, a attorney may be able to successfully argue a person's Constitutional right to pursue happiness is being hindered by the government. All depends on the case. But the bottom line is, the people have the right to due process when they are being prosecuted or not allowed to exercise a Constitutional right.

You can stop a person's Constitutional right to keep and bare arms when they are convicted of a crime worthy of such a restriction. But the key is a conviction. Due process and all. A simple no fly, no buy law gives too much power to the government to take away a person's Constitutional right based on a suspicious or assumption of what might happen.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/supre...e-2014-11?IR=T
    "The Supreme Court has ruled otherwise. That court has issued a number of rulings upholding civil forfeiture, including one in 1996 that said seizure of an innocent person's property didn't violate due process."