I mean, this isn't Minority Report, they could meet in the Godswood where people can't be hiding behind a wall, and have a conversation. Not everything is being recorded.

Again, it's a moot point. Without this secret, there is no story.

No, I'm just saying, if Cat knows the story, and she's a POV character, you can't really hide it, so R+L=J isn't really a building thing.

Although one might argue Jon wouldn't have felt compelled to join the Night's Watch if Cat had loved him even a little bit.

If cat shoved Jon love, he wouldn't have gone to the Wall.

I don't get why Ned didn't ask Robert to legitimise Jon, though. Robert and Ned were as brothers, he'd do Ned a favor like that, even if he believed Jon was Ned's bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I mean, this isn't Minority Report, they could meet in the Godswood where people can't be hiding behind a wall, and have a conversation. Not everything is being recorded.
    I agree. They can have a conversation in secret. Not everyone walks around castles talking about their plans assuming no one else is there.

Although literally in the first episode Jaime couldn't nail cersei on like the 10th floor in secrecy because of Brann so...from an audience point of view...lol everyone finds out everything.

Not sure why you guys even trust Cat that much. She's pretty drastic. I'm sure even one person teasing her about Ned not loving her (read: Little Finger) and having another woman's kid would make her consider telling them to make them shut up.

I mean on a whim she started a war by kidnapping Tyrion and she abandoned her kid's to go to King's Landing for revenge, and other shit like that. You guys are giving her too much credit.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Although one might argue Jon wouldn't have felt compelled to join the Night's Watch if Cat had loved him even a little bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    If cat shoved Jon love, he wouldn't have gone to the Wall.
    Plot reasons certainly needed Jon to go to the Night's Watch...but realistically he probably would have felt out of place anyway and left Winterfell. it felt cramped there with 5 other Stark kids.

Even Arya and Sansa left when they were young young kids to get married off. Robb eventually would become the Lord, and Bran and Rickon were still growing up. Feels awkward for him to have stayed, even if Cat loved him. Everyone important has to go out on their own journey.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    I don't get why Ned didn't ask Robert to legitimise Jon, though. Robert and Ned were as brothers, he'd do Ned a favor like that, even if he believed Jon was Ned's bastard.
    Probably Catelyn was the only one who had a problem. Ned probably couldn't ask without her permission, and judging from her attitude I bet he would be too scared to even bring up the conversation.

Last episode I felt pretty bad when Jon said the family sat in the front and he said wayyyy in the back during feasts...I bet even Theone got treated better.

Theon was a noble, so of course he was treated better.

I don't know, Cat and all, I think Ned could've asked Robert to legitimise Jon. He could've named 1000 reasons.

It's ironic that Jon looks the most like Ned out of all his kids ( books at least, show not so much ) and he's not even his.

You know for all the hype around Jon he's not even that strong. He's actually kinda weak comparatively. The ranking for strongest people (according to the show, I know you guys keep calling Blackfish legendary but honestly I didn't even recognize he was an important person):

1. Arthur Dayne
    2. The Prince of Dorne guy who could have killed the Mountain if he wasn't so demanding
    3. Brienne of Tarthe
    3. Maybe The Mountain from before
    4. Jaime Lannister before he lost his hand
    5. Robb Stark
    6. Probably The Hound
    7. Loras Tyrell
    8. Jon Snow
    9. Maybe Bronn in a non-honorable way.
    10. Drogo? (lololol)

That list is embarrassing, the Mountain would explode Briennes face in one punch.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    You know for all the hype around Jon he's not even that strong. He's actually kinda weak comparatively. The ranking for strongest people (according to the show, I know you guys keep calling Blackfish legendary but honestly I didn't even recognize he was an important person):

1. Arthur Dayne
    2. The Prince of Dorne guy who could have killed the Mountain if he wasn't so demanding
    3. Brienne of Tarthe
    5. Robb Stark
    6. Probably The Hound
    7. Loras Tyrell
    8. Jon Snow
    10. Drogo? (lololol)
    Lol. I cant recall seeing Robb during fight scene in the show, why would you place him so high, even above the Hound? xD
    And why the Hound so far from Brienne, when during their duel she won only cause he was already wounded?

Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    That list is embarrassing, the Mountain would explode Briennes face in one punch.
    ...Maybe. Brienne is mad strong though.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Lol. I cant recall seeing Robb during fight scene in the show, why would you place him so high, even above the Hound? xD
    And why the Hound so far from Brienne, when during their duel she won only cause he was already wounded?
    Jon said Robb was stronger than him. So I just guessed and put him above the Hound. The Hound was a pretty big weakness to fire. Not that a lot of people use it...but even if it's near him it freaks him out.

Brienne is like. Really really strong. I feel like she took it easy on the Hound when she could've got killing blows if she wanted to end him.

...Maybe. Brienne is mad strong though.
    No not maybe. Definitely. She barely won against a massively weakened Hound, and the Mountain is far larger and stronger and better at fighting than the Hound. And that's just from a show PoV. the mountain is underpowered in the show probably because it's not really possible to find an 8ft man.
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Jamie Lannister would have destroyed Brienne if they were both in shape.

Brienne is like. Really really strong. I feel like she took it easy on the Hound when she could've got killing blows if she wanted to end him.
    But.. she did want to end him. He was assumed dead.

It seems to me you're just a big fan of Brienne. Which isn't a bad thing, I am too, but you're letting it cloud judgement. Brienne has only ever defeated a weakened Hound and a weakened Jaime who was living like crap for a few months and had his hands shackled. She hasn't defeated anyone of notable skill at their full strength.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    But.. she did want to end him. He was assumed dead.
    There's another man who Brienne didn't "end" on screen. I'm guessing Stannis is still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    There's another man who Brienne didn't "end" on screen. I'm guessing Stannis is still alive.
    Oh right this again.

*closes thread*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    Oh right this again.

*closes thread*
    Yes yes, but the Lord of Light isn't wrong.

10+ Year Old Account

1. Arthur Dayne
    3. Brienne of Tarthe
    5. Robb Stark
    6. Probably The Hound
    7. Loras Tyrell
    8. Jon Snow
    10. Drogo? (lololol)
    That kind of list just means nothing. According to the show? Where did you get that? Say according to you. And even if you were right, being 8th among all the characters in the show is still pretty high. Anyone in that list could beat the others given the right conditions. And if the show told us anything, it's that strong or weak, they all die just as easily.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Lol, Bienne being above Jaime, The Mountain, Sandor.

C'mon dude, that's hilarious.

For the off season is dank and full of meme's.

Deleted
    Yes yes, but the Lord of Light isn't wrong.
    His servants can be though.

If you guys wanna edit the list then go ahead and do so.

But Brienne has a Valyrian Steel sword, she easily beat Loras, and I rewatched the episode and she way outskilled the Hound, and then when it came to a fist fight she still was able to trade heavy hits.

The Mountain only had one real fight and he sorta lost. I think most unskilled people would get wrecked by him, though.

Idk about her being above Jaime. Not sure where to rank him.