Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sucks that "Portal to the Underworld" is still bugged after all this time. For me it says that they deal 56k damage when they explode. They still explode for about 1.5-2k. Terrible trait right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Valermos View Post
    Because of the debuffs from our ghouls through armies of the damned, do we want to hold army for lust or still use on pull?
    Would depend on the fight and the final tuning of army I would say. Their damage is supposed to be a significant amount of damage, and right now they clearly aren't. So where we use them can hardly be gleaned fight to fight let alone in general since we don't know how much damage we would gain from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Christhammer View Post
    Sucks that "Portal to the Underworld" is still bugged after all this time. For me it says that they deal 56k damage when they explode. They still explode for about 1.5-2k. Terrible trait right now.
    Bugs are bugs

The bugs do make it hard to provide proper feedback. Hence why our beta thread on the official forums is on the smaller side.

Deleted
    Has anyone got any idea as to what path we'll be taking as we level up our artifact weapon, presuming balancing issues are sorted out? I'm kinda unsure as to what would be the best choices to go for first honestly.

Deleted
    Nobody talking about PvP here - is that because Unholy is garbage or because nobody plays it? :P Given the huge disparity right now between melee and casters I'm thinking of re-rolling from Hunter but can't really get much info on how the spec performs in either arenas or battlegrounds. Can someone enlighten me?

Quote Originally Posted by Mellers View Post
    Has anyone got any idea as to what path we'll be taking as we level up our artifact weapon, presuming balancing issues are sorted out? I'm kinda unsure as to what would be the best choices to go for first honestly.
    http://beta.wowdb.com/artifact-calcu...IbYIAAAAAAAAAA
    I think this will be our go-to build for Unholy before we hit the 1k to 6.8k cost increase. Maybe we can trade Portal to the Underworld for Armies of the Damned, not sure yet how the Ghouls scale in order to beat out all the debuffs we get from Armies of the Damned plus the one extra point we have to invest to get to our next big trait. The reason behind only one point in Runic Tattoos is to get you to 105 Runic Power, which enables you to pool 3 Death Coils (plus 1 from Sudden Death) for dumping it after you pop Dark Arbiter.

Next target should be Double Doom, which further increases our Dark Arbiter burst potential while also allowing us to get a higher Runic Corruption and Scourge of Worlds uptime.
    http://beta.wowdb.com/artifact-calcu...IbYIAAAAAAAAAA

After that, I guess we just take everything aside from Gravitational Pull, which should be the last trait to invest in with Rotten Touch being the second last.
    Obviously, all this will change when they nerf Clawing Shadows like they really should do and increase Festering Wound damage. Then we'll probably pick up Rotten Touch way earlier, but I don't think the path to our first big trait will change.

Quote Originally Posted by salvadorbard View Post
    Nobody talking about PvP here - is that because Unholy is garbage or because nobody plays it? :P Given the huge disparity right now between melee and casters I'm thinking of re-rolling from Hunter but can't really get much info on how the spec performs in either arenas or battlegrounds. Can someone enlighten me?
    The problem with Unholy (and Frost to some extend) ist that on Beta, Blood is always king because they never tune the healing correctly, and this time the damage is insane as well. I've done some casual BGs and from my experience, not one of the DPS specs can 1v1 Blood right now. The only spec that has some potential is Frost Mage, because he can kite you into oblivion while his Glacial Spike hits for about 40% of my max HP, and if you don't get a Grip into Blink into Grip into Stun, you'll almost certainly die.
    Last edited by Clayney0; 2016-07-02 at 04:50 PM. Reason: fixed links

Quote Originally Posted by Clayney0 View Post
    What talents did you use? Obviously All Will Rise, but what about 57s & 90s?

- - - Updated - - -

Reason behind why you picked Rotten Touch over Eternal Agony if Festering Strike "only" deals 7,5% of your overall damage with 4 points in Rotten Touch?

And general question for all here, what's your opinion about Shadow Infusion over Necrosis/Infected Claws? Vile Gas and Melee from Abom are pretty strong right now, and with Shadow Infusion you can keep about 75% uptime of Dark Transformation, especially with some points in Eternal Agony.
    puu(.)sh/pO7Jn/bea8392f52.jpg was my build at the time. Seemed to work out just fine especially with our 4p and its uptime

Must haves ASAP:
    3/3 Runic Tatoos
    3/3 Scourge the Unbeliever
    3/3 Darkest Crusade

Those are the choices we need to fill out asap.

http://beta.wowdb.com/artifact-calcu...YbYIAAAAAAAAAA

That is currently the best placement for our first 14 points. And if I remember correctly, blizzard mentioned that we should have 14 traits by the time we hit 110.
    Last edited by Rothulean1; 2016-07-02 at 11:27 PM.

You only need 1 point in Runic Tattoos at first, not three. Enough to store 3 DC's

Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean1 View Post
    Must haves ASAP:
    3/3 Runic Tatoos
    3/3 Scourge the Unbeliever
    3/3 Darkest Crusade

Those are the choices we need to fill out asap.

http://beta.wowdb.com/artifact-calcu...YbYIAAAAAAAAAA

That is currently the best placement for our first 14 points. And if I remember correctly, blizzard mentioned that we should have 14 traits by the time we hit 110.
    Why 3/3 in Runic Tattoos, you only need 1 to get enough cap for 3x death coils. Two more points in it just gives you 7%rp gen and 10 more to cap, which doesn't seem like much for another 7840AP (assuming last two spent of the 14traits). You will probably have 13 when you hit 110, 14th will probably take some farming of world quests to get.

Personally at 13 points in unholy I will probably switch to other artifacts. The 14th trait cost 6840 and 13 in another is only 6500, I would rather have some power in blood for times I need to tank, frost for niche situations or if unholy gets nerfed.
    Last edited by Sacredknight19; 2016-07-03 at 12:16 AM.
    Katarinna of [A]<Royal Militia> on KT - 13/13M, US82nd, we are recruiting amazing players for Legion so check us out!

The resource generation is pretty huge. Allows you to focus much less on haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean1 View Post
    The resource generation is pretty huge. Allows you to focus much less on haste.
    lol, unholy is swimming in resources.

At 110, not really. 6x CS rotation wont last.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...59?page=12#238

Amidst various Unholy tuning ongoing in the upcoming build, the damage of Festering Wound is increased substantially, as is the damage of the Army of the Dead and Apocalypse ghouls.
    Took them a while since they mentioned the army ghoul damage increase, but finally we are going to be seeing it.

Deleted
    inb4 massive CS nerfs to make it back into wet noodle strike and then to funnel the damage into army and wounds,

Shambler and ghoul explosions need to be tweaked too

CS needs a nerf considering how strong it is, it needs to be a gain over SS, not a massive improvement

CS nerf is fine. As long as its competitive with that tier thats all we can ask for. It will still hold the advantage of being full shadow and ranged. So as long as the nerf isnt ridiculous, it should always remain competitive.

Excellent, I am very excited for these changes. Can't wait to test them out.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

I hope Castigator becomes the best in that row, much more engaging than the others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ttylol View Post
    I hope Castigator becomes the best in that row, much more engaging than the others.
    lets hope not, more rng is bad. hope CS is still the best due to its range, feels so good using it during raid tests and mythic dungeons.