Quote Originally Posted by videnfost View Post
    You seem to be arguing that the nerfs are both justified and not justified. Color me confused.
    Because you're reading it as a full sentence rather than two separate thoughts. Note the period in between.

The "no , it's not, not by any measure" was aimed at your statement, which incorrectly claimed that Fury is doing "astronomical damage compared to almost any spec", when in fact it's not even one of the consistently over performing specs.

The "Again, everyone is being nerfed, it's called balance" part was a continuation of the point made in my previous post - everyone is being nerfed to a lower baseline.

Confused too, a bunch of specs that weren't doing that much damage didn't get nerfed, and the ones that where on the top did, its is balance but isn't saying that those class weren't nerfed cause of too much damage wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzakid2093 View Post
    my apologies for embarrassing myself. I haven't been able to play for quite a few builds while I've been away for the summer and had not seen that whirlwind now costed no rage. I do feel silly, but I had liked the gameplay when I did get a chance to play
    Not your fault, it simply becomes comical seeing thoughts repeat themselves. The most common question in the beta trade/general chat for the last few weeks has been: "WTF does Wrecking Ball do if Whirlwind doesn't cost any rage?". <insert facepalm.jpg>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    Confused too, a bunch of specs that weren't doing that much damage didn't get nerfed, and the ones that where on the top did, its is balance but isn't saying that those class weren't nerfed cause of too much damage wrong?
    Most of the specs that are obviously doing too much damage are due to specific abilities, talents or artifact traits (eg; exsanguinate). I can't say why they haven't nerfed yet, but it's well known and obvious. Likely they've already accounted for those internally and it just hasn't hit public servers because they aren't sure how best to address it yet.

I won't argue that Fury isn't on the high side, but it's not really due to it's ability damage, it's largely due to the huge amount of damage buffs we can stack together and Enrage's effect on auto-attack damage. Unfortunately, these things are very hard to balance without killing the interaction of abilities. Nerfing Enrage, for example, has a notable effect on stat weights, while nerfing ability damage really doesn't.

It also seems as though they really don't care anymore about having a relatively smooth curve of ability damage contribution (that is to say, they used to care about one ability doing 30% of your damage and the next doing only 10%). If you look at logs though, just about every specs has one or two very top heavy abilities, followed by a number of relatively inconsequential ones. Not really sure if this is intended, but the number of specs it's represented in points to that being the case. If so, I can only assume it's meant to further lower the skill gap between players by putting emphasis on one button and reducing the min/max potential by making the others much less impacting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    He probably means everyone is getting nerfed, but fury was still doing way too much damage, so they nerfed fury more than other classes.
    Except it wasn't. At least not on the ptr. I was doing more damage with half a dozen specs.

Ptr is lvl100.

Deleted
    I've been top 3 with the other Warrior on nearly every test we've done but that doesn't mean Fury is performing amazingly well - it just means we've had to pug 10 people because raiders can't be fucked raid testing.

If they nerf Raging Blow any more we'll stop using Inner Rage, currently that's one of the big reasons the rotation works. I pray they don't force us to use Frenzy... It already feels like a waste of a global having to weave the occasional Furious Slash when both BT and RB are on CD, I don't have rage for Rampage and don't have a WB proc up.

Though to be honest there's something "off" about using Wrecking Ball procs... Not sure what it is but it just feels like it's missing something.

This form of nerfing is also a way to increase the priority of other spells.

If x ability hits for 200% weapon dmg and y ability hits for 400%, you are more likely to hit y when you get the chance to. But because how the tuning is doing right now (or before this patch) it was barely worth hitting execute before you get juggernaut, which sounds absurd after learning how powerful execute is in WoD.

I just hope that they dont nerf our 100%-20% dmg that much so we end up being worthless before 20%.
    Last edited by Khelon; 2016-07-06 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelon View Post
    This form of nerfing is also a way to increase the priority of other spells.

If x ability hits for 200% weapon dmg and y ability hits for 400%, you are more likely to hit y when you get the chance to. But because how the tuning is doing right now (or before this patch) it was barely worth hitting execute before you get juggernaut, which sounds absurd after learning how powerful execute is in WoD.

I just hope that they dont nerf our 100%-20% dmg that much so we end up being worthless before 20%.
    This true, though to be fair, it still isn't really worth using Execute without Juggernaut. It has more to do with the rage cost taking away from Rampage and reducing Enrage uptime.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if you guys have noticed, but stat scaling in Legion seems a lot different than in WoD. What I mean is, it takes a lot less of a stat to give you 1% in any given stat. Currently I'm 850, and I already have 27% Crit and 37% Mastery with 16% Haste. In WoD I can recall getting these %'s in full Mythic BRF gear. Now imagine having full with Mythic Emerald Nightmare gear, the amount of Crit, Mastery, and Haste we're going to have is going to be off the charts. This is assuming they don't adjust the scaling of the stats for Fury. This also means that down the line in later tiers, Furious Strike will become worse and worse because we will have a decent amount of Crit rating, and our BT's will be more consistent in being critical strikes. I suppose this is intended though, considering Fury has always had Enrage problems early on in expansions.
    Last edited by Antiplicity; 2016-07-06 at 08:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiplicity View Post
    I don't know if you guys have noticed, but stat scaling in Legion seems a lot different than in WoD. What I mean is, it takes a lot less of a stat to give you 1% in any given stat. Currently I'm 850, and I already have 27% Crit and 37% Mastery with 16% Haste. In WoD I can recall getting these %'s in full Mythic BRF gear. Now imagine having full with Mythic Emerald Nightmare gear, the amount of Crit, Mastery, and Haste we're going to have is going to be off the charts. This is assuming they don't adjust the scaling of the stats for Fury. This also means that down the line in later tiers, Furious Strike will become worse and worse because we will have a decent amount of Crit rating, and our BT's will be more consistent in being critical strikes. I suppose this is intended though, considering Fury has always had Enrage problems early on in expansions.
    It was said that the stats scale differently at 110. Blizz wants us to have a higher "base" set of stats since you need certain amounts of some for a lot of specs to feel good, take fire mage and crit as an example. But moving on the Growth isnt supposed to be that quick anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Antiplicity View Post
    This is intended and read this if you want to know why

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742704730

Deleted
    BT heal nerfed to 4%? Our self-heal was shit already, now its even shitter. Cool. Could we get Victory rush back or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Windehi View Post
    BT heal nerfed to 4%? Our self-heal was shit already, now its even shitter. Cool. Could we get Victory rush back or something?
    No... Fury was fucked.

I was trying to do some Target Dummy testing this morning with the new Bloodbath; but, it seems Bloodbath is not benefiting from Champion of the Valarjar. This of course makes it hard to test properly. I don't know if this was an already known bug; but, I submitted in game and thought I'd throw a heads up here just in case.

Damage nerfs seem quite unjustified.

And yet another healing/defensive nerf while STILL taking 30% more damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any ideas why Wrecking Ball was change?

Quote Originally Posted by Snuglz View Post
    Any ideas why Wrecking Ball was change?
    Tooltip change... pretty sure WW doesnt cost rage anyways.

I don't understand the healing nerf to BT at all? PVP nerf?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Damage nerfs seem quite unjustified.

And yet another healing/defensive nerf while STILL taking 30% more damage.
    Dev's just dont want anyone to play Warriors anymore it seems. All they want are 6 Demon Hunters in each raid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meanshield View Post
    Dev's just dont want anyone to play Warriors anymore it seems. All they want are 6 Demon Hunters in each raid.
    Pretty sure the DH nerfs look way worse than fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Roidz View Post
    Tooltip change... pretty sure WW doesnt cost rage anyways.

I don't understand the healing nerf to BT at all? PVP nerf?
    It was already reduced by 50% in PvP. If they are reverting that change, then maybe it's a win for PvP. Either way, it doesn't need to be reduced further from what it was.