Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Not enough information too much speculation.
    Need a bit more context on what happened before the shooting, but investigations will probably sniff that out before long.

It seems cops in the US needs more training when this keeps happening...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSkull View Post
    Definitely agree with this though. Something goes wrong if cops are pumping pumping excessive amounts of bullets into people.

The general accuracy of witnesses and the accuracy of witnesses to these sorts of incidents in particular makes me disinclined to arrive at judgment simply based on the word of a single person with a vested interest.

The incentives for the officers to cover up their misdeeds make me disinclined to trust them.

I doubt I'm ever going to know much about WTF happened there.

I'm not against more training but at the same time out of all the cops in the united states these stories far and few in between are not the norm. One factor is usually the case, the man was resisting arrest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not against more training but at the same time out of all the cops in the united states these stories far and few in between are not the norm. One factor is usually the case, the man was resisting arrest.
    Apparently not in this one, if the story of m'lady is true that he disclosed that he had firearms and that he clearly said he was reaching for his wallet (since he was asked for his license after all)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    Apparently not in this one, if the story of m'lady is true that he disclosed that he had firearms and that he clearly said he was reaching for his wallet (since he was asked for his license after all)
    The officer told him not to reach for it and he did (according to the officer) but I am in no way saying the shooting wasn't justified but we are seeing the aftermath not the altercation.

I got pulled over in MI once and was drawn on by an officer when I reached behind my seat to get something, she said "PUT YOUR HANDS ON THE STEERING WHEEL NOW" I freaked out but did as she ask. After she got my ID from me and ran my name she came back and was nice and even joking with me asking me if I had anthrax in the car (this is in 2002) I know now not to make any sudden movements, cops are on edge...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Robots can be programmed to be assholes pretty easily too.
    At least they'd be consistent assholes.

The one time I was pulled over, I didn't know the procedure, so I just pulled over, got out (with the engine still running) and walked towards the police whilst pulling my wallet out of my pocket, for my driving license.

Would I be dead in the US at that point?

There is like one million cops in the us alone, i dont think all these stories that keep popping up is even 0.001%.

Stuff like this is becoming so desensitized.
    The amount of shootings what have happened in the last month alone, it's been a week. It's a joke.

If you're pro-gun, then you need to have a word with yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    LMAO! "He was trying to get out his license, his ID..." You know what? You are not trying to get anything out when you are being detained. You keep your hands on the wheel and comply with orders.
    what a fucking tyranical police force you guys got.

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    The police officer was Chinese so don't even try to play the race card on this one.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-at-golden-gl/

"Margaret Cho defends North Korean bit at Golden Globes: ‘I’m playing the rice card’"

On that note, kind of on the person with the gun to make sure that no one mistakes their movements for reaching for a gun, also on the police to provide adequate instruction to allow for someone who is armed to safely interact with them.
    Last edited by Hiricine; 2016-07-07 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    you may want to blame gang culture and not gun culture
    Gang culture would never be "gang culture" if it weren't for guns.
    They might be using knives instead of guns but far more people would still be living if guns weren't legal.

Also, why are you bringing gangs into it? A policeman fired this gun.
    This victim was licensed to carry, he has a girlfriend and a child. He did nothing wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    He is actually right that they will become more suspicious if you move around a lot as soon as you're pulled over. Especially at night they can just mostly see shadows if your windows are dark enough so for all they know you're trying to hide shit.
    Exactly. I've had this happen to me. I was rustling around in my car trying to find something when I got pulled over, and the cop was less than pleased about it. Got a good talking to about it, and was advised to not do anything until the officer gives instructions.

The only thing I do when I get pulled over, is put on my hazard lights and head lights. Then I roll the window all the way down, turn off the car, and put the keys on the dash. My hands are at 10 & 2 so he clearly see them. When they ask for my ID, I will present it to them. And I don't do so in a swift movement, I make sure to do so calmly.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Wait, what? Why don't read the post before commenting because I think you have the stories mixed up. This guy is in a car, not lying on the ground.

Anyway, in this article http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/0...alcon-heights/
    the woman in the passenger seat gave the comment

So, even from her testimony it seems like the guy was reaching his hands in his pocket has he mentions having a gun. Not really a smart move.
    Thats why I said "IF", I'm not reading every article about US citizens killing each other. Nobody got time for that, that fact that 2 black guys were shot by cops on the same day seems to mean nothing when you put along side the other thousands per year. At least this time around its obvious that the cops were in the wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    guns have nothing to do with gang culture they will still be killing people

think about how many more gang members would be alive today if it was not for guns

your country would end up something like brazil with gang members everywhere
    I live in England & Guns are illegal here.

Do we have gang members everywhere? No, no we do not.
    We have the stabbings on the odd occasion but in most cases, people survive and they get caught for doing so.

7+ Year Old Account
    Man this is insane, to think this guy died over a broken tail light. he might have reached for is wallet before cop told him or something but still, what's the next step ask for mandatory training of people with a driver licence, what to do if you get arrested ? cause it seems like if you make the wrong move your dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    LMAO! "He was trying to get out his license, his ID..." You know what? You are not trying to get anything out when you are being detained. You keep your hands on the wheel and comply with orders.
    LMAO! a guy died in front of is Gf and daughter... so funny i can't stop laughing (/s)...

Damn i'm happy to live in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilek View Post
    That is true but unfortunately more than 80% are like that ...... hard to spot the one that is different especially in the bad neighborhoods. Safer to just shoot them first.
    From a purely psychological point of view you're conditioned by the world to think black people are dangerous, to be avoided, and mis-trusted. When you have to drive through a low income neighborhood as an adult or with your parents as a kid and you look out the window you will predominately see black people. On one side you want to say it's sort of their fault simply because they're low income doesn't mean they have to let their neighborhood look like a warzone, but it does anyway. On the other hand you want to say who can blame them for not really taking care of what they have, that takes upkeep with money they don't have.

Cops should be above this though. But you can hardly blame the populace at large for making connections with what they see in their every day life.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    White people - a group of people that believe all black people are intimidating and cool and therefore react afraid in any social situation with them. See how stupid it is when you make statements like this?

You can't just be like yep, all folks of this race are exactly like this! It doesn't work and makes ya look dumb.
    But i do think black people are cool, is that a problem? I love the gangsta culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    black people - a group of people that thrive on their coolness and intimidation factor wonder why people/cops get edgy around them. thug life or only when convenient?
    I would not expect anything less from an honorary member of the conservative braintrust of this forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    id love a bodycam or something, turning on a camera after somebody you care about has been shot to me, calls questions, why not turn it on sooner. why would he just shoot for no reason.

i mean if he said 'get your license' then shot as he reached for it, then thats out of line, but if he has said to keep his hands on the wheel and the guy reached.. it changes things.

without more clarity, this is all just a one sided testimony and we'd be stupid to jump to conclusions.
    Right, in classic African American fashion, after the friendly police officer definitely not profiling based on the location of the stop and the vehicle politely asked for the license and registration, the driver became an enraged monster, because we all know black men have more of the warrior gene and are more prone to violence because they enjoy living in the ghetto and being in gangs. Therefore the shooting was justified.

/sarcasm
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.