Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    I watched all the video footage very closely from what's available and it didn't seem justified at all, his left arm was motionless the whole time it didn't look like he was resisting to much and he was already subdued on his back....If you look at his right shoulder it's also motionless which suggests he wasn't reaching for his gun it honestly just seems like Anton was just laying there and a bit panicked then got executed....Also what justifying is there for pumping another 4 rounds into him after the first two? He was motionless after that...If they shot his hand it would have resolved the situation but i honestly don't think he was risk just going by the footage.
    It didn't seem justified to me either...but the video is not from the best angle so there is possibly more to the story. Regardless, Officers are trained to shoot for center mass when they fire their weapons at a suspect. They don't go for leg shots or hand shots or anything other than the center of the body. If the situation calls for them to use their weapons...they use lethal force.

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    Unreasonable claims require unreasonable evidence.
    So you put racial bias on the level of proving the existence of a deity. Got it. Well since you can't actually answer the question of what sufficient evidence would look like, I'll stop wasting my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Actually guns are NOT illegal in the UK. There are many guns you can obtain legally through proper licensing

http://news.sky.com/story/1552923/q-...aws-in-britain
    "can I have a gun purely to defend myself"
    "no"

This is why 99% of americans own a gun for themselves, in their family home. You can't be license to carry a firearm in the UK.
    It's illegal to own guns for the same reasons you would get one in America. Guns here are only for target range shooting, hunting, training etc. That's it.

Don't quote me with stupid news posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Really? Because it looks like they just shot two black men for no reason.
    one was resisting arrest and potentially going for a gun and we still don't know the exact story on the other

Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    one was resisting arrest and potentially going for a gun and we still don't know the exact story on the other
    I don't see either of those things happening in the Alton Sterling video.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Well i would imagine if you get shot in the leg or hand while pinned on the ground a person would start to comply a lot more and stop moving..I think the cops were safe enough and good enough position to do a non lethal shot first.
    stop watching so many movies, getting shot in the leg is just as fatal as in the chest or head. you just bleed out slightly slower

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see either of those things happening in the Alton Sterling video.
    i just watched that video again and he is clearly resisting, the shitty videos aren't at an angle so we can't see exactly what's going on once their on the ground

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    So gangster music makes gangs? Why do I keep expecting something different coming from you lol?
    It affects peoples attitudes, particularly towards authority. However, not only does it affect their attitudes, it affects their actions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Or he was upset he had to shoot a guy?

This case will boil down to if there were any body cams and recordings of what was said by the police. But you do not reach in the area of where a firearm is going to be without taking the chance a police officer will shoot you. The officer said he told the guy to raise his hands, the victims gf said " you asked him for identification," the recordings if any, will tell the truth. If not, then it is the word of the one girl against the testimony of the police officers.
    the officer needs to be demoted to desk duty as punishment no even better yet stick him on janitorial patrols.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I never said it was black or white but an officer has to react when someone reaches for something on their person. It is often either you or them.
    A pathetic argument when you consider a total of 7 officers were shot and killed in traffic stops in 2015. Some serious paranoia is bred into your police forces.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what really happened.

What I do know is that I've seem enough videos from the US of a police officer asking for an ID/DL and them firing whem the driver goes on to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    So you put racial bias on the level of proving the existence of a deity. Got it. Well since you can't actually answer the question of what sufficient evidence would look like, I'll stop wasting my time.
    The burden of proof is not on me; I am merely trying to provide you with an opportunity to make your case.

But white people make up over half of the population and black people are only 10-15%...
    Maybe they should stop committing so much crime then, and there wouldn't be motive for them to get shot.

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    The burden of proof is not on me; I am merely trying to provide you with an opportunity to make your case.
    It is unreasonable to not even hint at what sort of evidence would be sufficient. You are just saying "prove it to me, but I won't tell you what I'm looking for."

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    It affects peoples attitudes, particularly towards authority. However, not only does it affect their attitudes, it affects their actions.
    Lol, you are so delusional. Dumb people let it affect their actions. Do you hold the same opinion, on violent video games?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    That's because those criminals are (mostly) white-collar. They know not to fight police, because you WILL NOT win, they let the lawyers do the talking.
    Sure, they're committing different crimes, and also seeing a completely different system of justice. Only a fool would argue rich people and poor people get the same representation in court, same as out of court.

Quote Originally Posted by Raim Surion View Post
    Easy police strategy:
    -Keep hands glued to the wheel upon meeting and pulling over.
    -When asked for ID or paperwork, inform the officer the location of said objects and ask again if you may reach and acquire them. Dont just go for it when they ask.
    -Inform in a completely calm manner of any legally owned weapons in the vehicle during the period your hands are on the wheel, not when already reaching for the above items. Something along the lines of "Officer before we proceed I must inform you that in X location of the vehicle there is a Y that is registered. How should we proceed?"
    -Return hands to the wheel once acquiring any requested objects.
    -Bonus points for turning on the roof light in your vehicle while pulling over at night.

This should streamline 99.9% of police encounters.
    This is pretty much how it should go. It's quite easy to just do what you listed and not give an attitude problem about it. Saw some video of a black guy (since these incidents usually involve blacks) who had a concealed gun inform an officer that he had a gun with a license and if the officer would like to remove the gun from him for his own safety during the traffic stop. Went smoothly and no problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the cop told him to stop reaching and he kept doing it, doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    If the cop told him to stop reaching and he kept doing it, doesn't really matter.
    I'm not watching that video, but the article I read said the officer yelled don't move only after shooting. The man was only moving because he was ordered to show his license and registration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raim Surion View Post
    -Inform in a completely calm manner of any legally owned weapons in the vehicle during the period your hands are on the wheel, not when already reaching for the above items. Something along the lines of "Officer before we proceed I must inform you that in X location of the vehicle there is a Y that is registered. How should we proceed?"
    And the cop at this point decided to proceed by drawing their firearm and shooting him to death.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Its pretty fucking sad and laughable to hear the news after these things happen. To hear people rage that police officers are out assassinating and executing and hunting blacks. And how thier existance in this country is threatens by the cops that go to work each day trying to kill blacks is beyond stupid. Its the dumbest fucking thing every time race is brought it when it had ZERO to do with the incident. And to claim it did is fucking Dumb. Tired of White cops in a south area? Why dont some blacks start becoming cops FFS. I liked how the girlfriend let him bleed out instead of putting pressure on thw wound or cutting off circulation to keep it from bleeding. Id bet to say if either of them had done somthing to stop the bleeding he might have survived.