10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Thanks to whoever mentioned you can transfer for candies! Got my first Eevee evolve and it's a Vaporeon.

Had to adjust my walk in and back from work to account for the little red team snot that keeps taking our (blue teams) gyms.

Combat was pretty lame. I do have a question: you just tap, right? Or is there a way to use whatever ability is tied to the glowing bar?

I'm also going to add that this is my first Pokemon game so expect some really basic questions.
    Swipe to dodge and when one of the bars on the top-left is filled, hold for secondary attack. You can fill up the bars by using basic attacks.

I ended up bumping into some kids who were also hunting for pokemon and they were like, "YOU are playing pokemon?"
    And I was like,

"HA HA HA. SILLY BITCHES. I'VE BEEN PLAYING BEFORE YOU WERE BORN."
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    does anyone if there is an advantage to evolving earlier or to leveling them up before u evolve them?

Quote Originally Posted by SergeantStogie View Post
    does anyone if there is an advantage to evolving earlier or to leveling them up before u evolve them?
    Same as the actual games. They learn certain attacks before they level and you might lose out on that if you evolve them too early.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Same as the actual games. They learn certain attacks before they level and you might lose out on that if you evolve them too early.
    do u have any source for that info? not that i don't believe you, its just ive seen people give both answers

Interesting. Some peeps are saying that powering up before you evolve results in a higher max combat points for the evolved pokemon.

So I had a Magikarp spawn on my sofa where my aunt was sitting and i was like "Don't panic but you are sitting on a fish." and of course she gave me, this "you are so crazy look." then we both laughed after I cought it. loving pokemon go so far

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing the photos on Reddit of people meeting up around a lure enabled pokestop makes me realize how cool a concept this is.
    If only that's how it worked over here. I set up a lure spot at a landmark just outside of our offices (a water fountain) and, while a lot of people came down to the spot, it was all awkward silence and the occasional glance. /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by RoninaThorstone View Post
    Interesting. Some peeps are saying that powering up before you evolve results in a higher max combat points for the evolved pokemon.
    I'm not sure as everyone seems to have the right answer. I've read about move sets changing for the worse on evolution, and then size matters for stats, etc.

The there's the "it doesn't matter" at all crowd...

I'm not sure as everyone seems to have the right answer. I've read about move sets changing for the worse on evolution, and then size matters for stats, etc.

I've evolved quite a few pokemon, the move sets have always changed, regardless of cp being high/low

The only thing that's 100% certain, is that as you level up, you catch pokemon with higher potential. Evolve only those that are maxed out (the white bar) or almost maxed out, to safe resources.

A friend was lvl 11, I was lvl 13. Sitting in the same spot, he kept catching pokemon a lot lower in power and potential than I did. His Raticate was 311, mine roughly 450, at the same % of the white bar.

Deleted
    Well, goodluck to all. My phone is not Supported. Galaxy J5. It does not have a Gyroscope.

Reddit has a picture of a pidgeot from a cp 10 pidgey and a maxed pidgey and they have the same stats. So it might not matter.

Being able to actually log in would be amazing rn...

Deleted
    Gotta say, getting excited to give it a go. Wasn't really interested initially, but it looks pretty fun. Not available in the UK yet though, and not entirely sure my phone would be up to task anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Well, goodluck to all. My phone is not Supported. Galaxy J5. It does not have a Gyroscope.
    Phones without gyroscope are still supported, only the AR feature when catching pokemon doesnt work, you can simply turn it off and not use it. My phone (Moto x play) also doesnt have a gyroscope and have been playing the game just fine.

Deleted
    considering buying a portable charger just for this game

Deleted
    For those living in a country that does not have go yet, go to

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ohjshtxl9a...20(1).apk?dl=0

download the .APK to your phone, install it, and then open the game. It works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Phones without gyroscope are still supported, only the AR feature when catching pokemon doesnt work, you can simply turn it off and not use it. My phone (Moto x play) also doesnt have a gyroscope and have been playing the game just fine.
    But the whole fun part of this game is the AR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    considering buying a portable charger just for this game
    Tell me about it, just purchased a 12,000mAh power bank today lol, think i'm addicted already...

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    But the whole fun part of this game is the AR.
    I was playing with AR on my friends sony phone, and it's a gimmick at best, everyone that I know who plays it turned it off after a few hours of playing, when you are out and about, the last thing you want is yet another element on your phone, burning even more battery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really wish the Pokemon club site would get it's shit together so I could create an account. Anyone know if there's an option to link with one after google?
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka