Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    BLM didn't say that all cops are bad.
    No they just chant to kill them. "Its your lie, u can choose to believe it"

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Betraying his own community? What? He's simply explaining his experience and his assessment on the larger narrative. He has a right to do that just like everyone else. His experience in this situation actually reflect the overwhelming majority of these encounters, and in fact the media cherry picks the worst situations to show on TV. Again, maybe those particular instances show bad cops, but they are using a very prominent influential platform to create a hatred of a large group of people.

Also, I find it strange you say "not every human being is racist". Are you implying that 'not being racist' is a rarity and in fact MOST humans are racist? How about a percentage? Do you think over 50% of humans are racist?
    As I explained above he is going beyond just explaining his experience he using it to attack the BLM movement and #BlackLivesMatter in what appears to be a pathetic attempt by detractors to downplay the systematic murder of young black men and women by American law enforcement which is not something that can be "debunked" as he seems to think - it's a fact at this point unless you're a racist or out of touch with what's happening out there.

The media presents 'worst situations to show on tv' because those are the ones worth publicizing. All cops should behave like the guy described and they shouldn't expect a slot on the 10 o'clock news either it should be a given.

Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    BLM may be comprised almost exclusively of idiots and/or racists, but they aren't the only ones who have a problem with paid vacations for murdering people.

Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post

You cannot pin what a few say on millions of people.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Here is the point that you guys are missing. The media doesn't report on EVERY police interaction. If they did, we'd have several million cases where people walked away unharmed. People in those instances treated each other with respect, and they went on their way. You have been overly influenced by the media to believe that a few cherry picked instances (where use of force has been at the very least questionable, though I would say justified in maybe a few cases, like Michael Brown) reflect the majority of these situations.

We don't hear about the good stuff. The meh stuff. The media feeds on blood. And they do it without concern of their power over the general populace as reflected here in this thread. People now believe these few instances reflect the general interactions. That's not good.
    That's how news work. Things of no consequence are not reported. Their are over a billion Muslims on earth. The media does not report on every time one of them doesn't kill someone, which would be absurd. But they still report on ISIL's war crimes because it's their job. Similarly, the media is obliged to report on murders carried out by police officers. If this is a problem, blame the murderer, not the medium through which the public learns about it.

Would it be reasonable to ask the media not to report on the Dallas shootings because it might make the BLM movement look bad when the protest was in fact peaceful? Is it unfair that the Dallas shooting got more attention when virtually all of the protesters have been non-violent? No, because for obvious reasons people needed to know about the shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Psh, what an Uncle Tom defending the man. /s
    He is definitely a Tom at this point. He would be definitely inside the mansion.

Infracted - Forbidden Topics
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-07-09 at 07:53 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    He is definitely a Tom at this point. He would be definitely inside the mansion.
    Shin shinnie shin, shin shinnie shin, shin shin, sheroo!!
    Always good for a laugh, my friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

Deleted
    exactly. Black people are being systematically being killed by the American justice system.
    Damn American Nazis.

Do you not understand how offensive that sounds?
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

Am I the only one wondering why the cops pulled him over?

not knowing the entire story..

ALso

Given recent examples of a person telling beforehand that he has a gun this sounds more like luck

Why isnt Shinra infracted for his hate? People have been infracted for alot less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Am I the only one wondering why the cops pulled him over?

not knowing the entire story..

ALso

Given recent examples of a person telling beforehand that he has a gun this sounds more like luck
    Its right in the beginning of the story:

So, I'm driving to my office to turn in my weekly paperwork. A headlight is out. I see a Tucson Police Department squad vehicle turn around and follow me. I'm already preparing for the stop.
    Also...
    And

exactly. Black people are being systematically being killed by the American justice system.
    Holy shit, its like you guys actually believe that these extreme outliers of people being killed by cops, for whatever reason, is the norm.

From the oh-so-legit-sounding-website "killedbypolice.net", we're up to a whopping 610 deaths from cops this year. If being killed by a cop is normal, please please please avoid anything that could ever potentially cause the following:

Heart disease
    Cancer
    Chronic lower respiratory disease
    unintentional injuries-accidents
    Stroke
    Alzheimer's disease
    Diabetes
    Influenza & Pneumonia
    Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis.

I mean, the above, literally, kill millions annually in the US.

Is it a horrific thing that 610 people have been killed by police this year? Absolutely. Should something be done? Absolutely. But really now, these are not normal occurrences. Stop acting like they are.
    Last edited by medievalman1; 2016-07-09 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Why isnt Shinra infracted for his hate? People have been infracted for alot less.
    Oh I went too far but the initial commentator who I quoted was okay because he/she/it said /s?

Calling for moderation when you cannot formulate a rebuttal to this ridiculous thread is well ridiculous. I refuse to bend to your will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost every "how to handle a traffic stop properly" basically says this.

if you get pulled over, put your keys on the dash, hands on the wheel. Explain to them where the things they ask you are, and what you're about to do. if you make the process simple and easy, more often than not (in my experience, unless you have some infraction that actually needs dealing with) they'll let you off. I've literally been pulled over for expired insurance, suspended plate (because of insurance), and my registration card was left at home.. And following this, they said get it handled in a week.

The thing is this... They have no idea who you are, or what you're doing. if you act weird, or angry, or anxious, they have every reason to believe you're hiding something, and (just like you) they get one chance to act.

You might gamble on a police officer once a year, if that. A police officer gambles multiple times a day. When you're gambling that much, you have no choice but to be careful, be safe, and be afraid too.

It doesn't excuse the screwed up things that do happen, but if everyone followed these simple rules, these problems would likely all but disappear.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Disgusted by the comments from idiots calling him uncle tom especially the white people doing it on facebook.
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Is only being a cop was a race. Then it would be a bit easier to point of everything wrong the BLM movement argues against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Got to love these token minorities the groups that hate them sometimes manage to drum up to explain how not everything is bad.

"Master will treat you well if you show Master respect"
    Much better too keep it real gangsta than beeing alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Huulo View Post
    That's how news work. Things of no consequence are not reported. Their are over a billion Muslims on earth. The media does not report on every time one of them doesn't kill someone, which would be absurd. But they still report on ISIL's war crimes because it's their job. Similarly, the media is obliged to report on murders carried out by police officers. If this is a problem, blame the murderer, not the medium through which the public learns about it.

Would it be reasonable to ask the media not to report on the Dallas shootings because it might make the BLM movement look bad when the protest was in fact peaceful? Is it unfair that the Dallas shooting got more attention when virtually all of the protesters have been non-violent? No, because for obvious reasons people needed to know about the shooting.
    I agree with everything you're saying. But let's be honest, the media doesn't go out of their way to put things into big-picture context. And I think they need to do a much better job at it, otherwise they instill fear and hate.

Black man talks about being harassed by the police: "Anecdotal. There's no such thing as institutional racism"

Black man talks about having no problems with police: "Confirmed. There's no such thing as institutional racism"

Funny, this identical story was breaking news 6 months ago.