Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    How many speculation threads can we post on MMO-Champion before the moderators finally do their job...

To some people, of course. Plenty of people out there have been unhappy with the game since the first patch came along, or indeed the first expansion, since they don't have the mentality to cope with changes and seeing positives amongst the negatives.

Objectively as little, or to be "worse", LESS content than WoD? No, not a chance. It's pretty clear that Legion's got what WoD didn't in terms of developer heart and soul outside of raids and leveling.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-07-09 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    I haven't heard this at all.
    Neither have I. Are there the usual "my spec sucks now!!!"-people? Sure, they're there for every expansion. Other than that I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by LexiSwe View Post
    According to the beta testers they pretty much did a WoD meaning that they didnt listen to the community feedback on the beta forums, the tuning for the classes is waaaay of the charts and basically destroyed them
    Yawn. Yeah, sounds totally competent and like something to be taken seriously.

According to the beta testers they pretty much did a WoD meaning that they didnt listen to the community feedback on the beta forums, the tuning for the classes is waaaay of the charts and basically destroyed them. Meaning that you play WoW to have fun with your class and spec as the main posture and if it dosen't feel right, it can make the game feel worse. So there lies my question in the topic.

While I realize Legion will have more content than WoD did, why does Blizzard keep reinventing the wheel?
    Dunno who you've been talking to, but this Beta tester is loving Legion thus far. Loads better than the WoD trainwreck.

The people who say classes or specs have been DESTROYED are being massively and needlessly dramatic about it. Having played everything over the last several weeks/months they're all fine, maybe not every little thing you liked is in every place it was but it works and you'll get used to it. Most people have some choices to be made in each spec to tweak how it plays, and hopefully Blizzard can keep things balanced enough that those choices remain relevant.

You may not like what they did to your spec, but good lord bring it down a little bit.

They said the main goal is to balance classes at release, and by doing so it's normal that on beta with all PvP talents and Artifacts Power full that is unbalanced, so they'll continue making adjustment throughout the expansion while people maximizing their power.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    From my point of view, it will only be worse than WoD, if they made similar end game that WoD had. As in raid or die. I do not demand good gear, but I'd also like to feel like I get something new, if I cannot produce the time for raiding with a guild. People like me had lot of trouble getting anything nice in WoD.

Everyone may not agree with this, but if blizz wants to keep the casuals (the majority) paying for wow sub, they need to cater to the said people.

Opinion.
    Luckily, everyone in the world has the chance to get raid ilvl gear. The gear from mythic+ and world quests scales with you as your ilvl increases and has a chance to roll titanforged up to the max for each raid tier. Albeit the chance is significantly lower the easier content you do, there's still a chance. Any item that has + on it, for example 815+, has a chance to roll a lot higher.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

WoD was a good expansion in the beginning, if just fell apart in their attempts to rush for "faster expansions" and "only 2 tiers". Despite the hate WoD was worth the initial purchase, just in the end not worth sub cost. Legion will be an even better expansion then WoD was in the beginning, but no one can tell you if it will continue to be good after the initial purchase. You only pay for it monthly so, if your not liking it then you can leave, but it'll be well worth the box purchase.
    Last edited by Raone; 2016-07-09 at 11:05 PM.

Yes, because every expansion without fail has been seen as worse then the one that came before. In a few months we will be saying how great WoD was and how badly Blizzard screwed up Legion.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    According to the beta testers they pretty much did a WoD meaning that they didnt listen to the community feedback on the beta forums, the tuning for the classes is waaaay of the charts and basically destroyed them. Meaning that you play WoW to have fun with your class and spec as the main posture and if it dosen't feel right, it can make the game feel worse. So there lies my question in the topic.

While I realize Legion will have more content than WoD did, why does Blizzard keep reinventing the wheel?
    I am on beta and everything is MILES better than WoD so no, and listening to forum QQ is stupid.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

It will be a lot better. The only thing I'm worried about is the longevity of the content. With all the RNG on loot many probably won't even bother with character progression and just experience the content a couple of times and then move over to another MMORPG with less RNG on loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    I am on beta and everything is MILES better than WoD so no, and listening to forum QQ is stupid.
    This, but taking it with a grain of salt because it IS beta. No one should be assuming it's good or bad yet. Some people might as well be holding signs on corners screaming "END OF THE WORLD!" I'm having fun on beta, but if it's not everyone's cup of tea, they'll be damned sure to let everyone know and bring in the bandwagon with them, trying to bring everyone else down with them.

i don't think it's possible to make something worse than WoD

Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    i started playing in wod. enjoyed wod blood a lot. dont like legion blood.

guess i can see where youre coming from.
    while I'm not about to try and say you're WRONG or anything stupid like that, I CAN, however, tell you that you're in the minority there with Blood. Well, not about Legion over WoD Blood specifically, but most people pretty much agree that WoD has been the absolute worst incarnation of Blood ever. And honestly, the thought of them removing Heart Strike and making Blood Boil your only single rune spender still makes me cringe. i'm SO glad they brought it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

I can't wait to see how long it'll be after Legion before the "WoD was great" type threads show up. Even during TBC tons of people were whining how it ruined WoW, now it's regarded as the best expansion by a large portion of people. I'm sure Legion will also be hailed as the worst thing ever, because ya know, Blizz.

I have played the beta and it is way better than WoD but we cannot tell by now because WoD looked great at the start and then turned shit because of 0 content. So I am pretty sure Legion will be great at launch but we will see for the rest.

Deleted
    Just from watching youtube channels and twitch this expansion looks way better than WoD, so much so that I am actually tempted to come back. I left WoD quite early because it was just a horrible gaming experience. A few specs really do interest me and I am going to resub just to test the game play out with the pre-patch.

The only thing I don't like about Legion so far is hidden passives/stats is continuing to be a thing. I think that's basically one of the worst possible directions any game can take and is the opposite of Diablo 3. Oddly enough. Otherwise, all the specs feel much better than they ever have to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    while I'm not about to try and say you're WRONG or anything stupid like that, I CAN, however, tell you that you're in the minority there with Blood. Well, not about Legion over WoD Blood specifically, but most people pretty much agree that WoD has been the absolute worst incarnation of Blood ever. And honestly, the thought of them removing Heart Strike and making Blood Boil your only single rune spender still makes me cringe. i'm SO glad they brought it back.
    I'm in that minority with him. I liked Blood in WoD. I felt heart strike was a weird vestigial button like a third arm that can't quite hold a single pound without limping.

Now, on the Legion PTR though? Totally on the other side of that. Despite it being the opposite direction from WoD and me liking said version, Legion's Blood is friggin awesome and I've had a blast tanking dungeons with it.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    I can't wait to see how long it'll be after Legion before the "WoD was great" type threads show up. Even during TBC tons of people were whining how it ruined WoW, now it's regarded as the best expansion by a large portion of people. I'm sure Legion will also be hailed as the worst thing ever, because ya know, Blizz.
    TBC did ruin a lot of things. It was also the best expansion. Those two can both be true. Vanilla WoW was much better than any time after. TBC brought the game down down a bit. WotLK brought it down a little bit more. Cata brought it down A LOT. Mists was good, first expansion to actually be better than the previous one. And we all know what happened in WoD...