Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Catholicism doesn't try to be socially regresive. The Pope dictated that he was ok with the LGBT community, in fact in the recent years most of catholicism has been through a reformation. And even before that catholicism wasn't the ideology advocation for a regression of social issues.
    The Pope might be ok with it, but then again he's not the average Pope and is/is trying to break away from quite a bit of tradition regarding Catholic stance on social issues. Not exactly bringing along the adoring masses either, unless you count those who aren't Catholic in that. His own flock doesn't exactly square up with what he's trying to do.

It's not anywhere close to going through a reformation, especially not in the manner in which that particular word has historically been used.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    You have any proof that a majority of conservatives want all that?
    The legislative agendas of conservative politicians.

Like I said Prim, the proof is in the pudding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    There are a lot of people out there who are remaining silent through all of the bullshit that fully plan to go drop the hammer on a vote for Trump in November.
    Oh right, I forgot about the legion of notoriously quiet bigots waiting in the shadows.

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm voting for Trump specifically to vote against a particular mindset. What he does with that office matters less.
    Voting not for, but against, resembles "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" ideology. And that usually doesn't end up well, as the enemy of your enemy eventually turns on you...

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Basically Trump isn't going to be the disaster or savior people are hoping for. He'll most likely be a shitty president that sends us back a decade or so socially and uses his office to solidify his own position in the world, while mostly ignoring his the people who put him in office. He'll then be voted out of office after one term, assuming the Democrats have anyone who is a known entity in Washington politics to run against him.
    Who knows. His aggressive rhetoric might affect the mentality of the American society and the government, with unforeseen consequences (probably negative ones).
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    The legislative agendas of conservative politicians.
    Most conservative politicians disagree with multiple of your points. You are generalizing conservatives and Republicans.

7+ Year Old Account
    So far he is saying a lot of stupid AND semi-acceptable things, but about a tenth of those semi-acceptable things are the right things. That's enough.
    What are those semi-acceptable things he got right?

Increasingly I believe the liberal problem is not going to be solved with outreach, logical discourse, or similar tactics, but with a great divorce.

How do you reason with an ideology that is expressly authoritarian and is bound and determined to have you on the ground with a boot on your face? You can't. Whatever live and let live mentality the left had is about gone - we have a growing and influential class of fruitloop liberals that believe in enforcing population control, that suburban/rural living is selfish and should be squashed, guns should just be banned outright, that whites are evil, that are a snitch culture that will ruin your reputation and get you fired for having actual Christian moral codes, and bog down every hobby and social gathering with social justice garbage.

How can you engage with people like this? You don't - you treat them as a domestic enemy, because that is what they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far he is saying a lot of stupid AND semi-acceptable things, but about a tenth of those semi-acceptable things are the right things. That's enough.
    We have different perspectives on what is enough then. 10% right things and 90% wrong things is not something I would like to see happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Raising minimum sallary: B 15$ H 12$
    Immigration: B Oppose Obama policy H Enforce Obama policy
    Health: B Replace Obama Care with a single payer system H Continue Obamacare
    Plans to reduce Climate change: B Elimination of tax breaks for oil companies. Tax coal companies Essentially a plan to desentivize the use of coal and oil. H: Looks to incetivize the use of renewable energy through investing.
    Those are the first four that come from the article. Obviously there are a lot of differences, specially on what Bernie wants to change and what Hillary wants to leave it alone.
    These are more nuances than differences if we consider that a minimum wage raise to 12$ or 15$ is still a minimum wage raise.

It's like comparing a lemon-flavored gummy bear to a citrus-flavored gummy bear. In the end, they're both pretty damn sour.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    lol you got me there

hmmmm........ what would be a good way of saying it then?
    He beat me to it.

FUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This does not match my experience.

I am very confident that a "you're the real racists" will not work as a strategic matter. This move concedes the frame that racism is the worst thing ever and that whoever's "racist" loses. Good luck with that.
    I mean the new left is just as bad if not worse than the southern conservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    Increasingly I believe the liberal problem is not going to be solved with outreach, logical discourse, or similar tactics, but with a great divorce.

How do you reason with an ideology that is expressly authoritarian and is bound and determined to have you on the ground with a boot on your face? You can't. Whatever live and let live mentality the left had is about gone - we have a growing and influential class of fruitloop liberals that believe in enforcing population control, that suburban/rural living is selfish and should be squashed, guns should just be banned outright, that whites are evil, that are a snitch culture that will ruin your reputation and get you fired for having actual Christian moral codes, and bog down every hobby and social gathering with social justice garbage.

How can you engage with people like this? You don't - you treat them as a domestic enemy, because that is what they are.
    your lack of self awareness never ceases to impress, I'll give you that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    your lack of self awareness never ceases to impress, I'll give you that.
    Did you have an argument or just ad hominem?

So only the "lefts" are expected to make an argument, but not conservatives who just spew out unsupported and unsubstantiated ad hominem attacks over and over again?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    So only the "lefts" are expected to make an argument, but not conservatives who just spew out unsupported and unsubstantiated ad hominem attacks over and over again?
    Ideally we would never attack the person or give them labels like racist or SJW, but only address the merit of an argument itself.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-07-10 at 05:16 AM.

considering who I'm quoting, no, he made my argument for me.

LOL Republicans don't attract minorities because minorities inherently distrust rich white people. mmmmmmk.

Reading this post took about 5 years off my life. Why exactly is some piece of conservative hivemind trash propaganda just copy pasted as a thread? I don't even know what I'm supposed to respond to. Yes, conservative think tanks put out memos detailing how to manipulate the electorate into voting against their own self interest. Tell me something I don't know.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Is there a particular reason conservatives feel so compelled to come up with so many insults for left leaning people?
    I will defend leftists once the first person gets fired over hysteria of being... a moonbat!

Ideally we would never attack the person or call them names like racist or SJW, but only address the merit of an argument itself.
    Luckily for us, the conservatives on this site have traditionally done the opposite of your "ideals".

- - - Updated - - -

I will defend leftists once the first person gets fired over hysteria of being... a moonbat!
    Which once again proves that conservatives are just fundamentally incapable of adhering to their own standards they set for others.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

lol I'm not the only one who thought this was about using a router against leftists right?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Which once again proves that conservatives are just fundamentally incapable of adhering to their own standards they set for others.
    Yes both sides are hypocritical at times.