Deleted
    I thought eruption was a higher dps increas in that row...

Deleted
    Fel eruption with demon reborn and demonic , using full eye beam on CD for ST(with artifact trait points+anguish) is only a minor dps loss compared to momentum and IMO more fun to play and doesnt rely on animation cancelling(or bugging the game) to be effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    Fel eruption with demon reborn and demonic , using full eye beam on CD for ST(with artifact trait points+anguish) is only a minor dps loss compared to momentum and IMO more fun to play and doesnt rely on animation cancelling(or bugging the game) to be effective.
    sigh

Momentum doesn't "rely on animation cancelling to be effective"...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    sigh

Momentum doesn't "rely on animation cancelling to be effective"...
    unfortunately your sigh to show superiority in someway(weird) is misplaced.

there are a number of encounters in Legion where the movement of fel rush and VR can actually cause problems for you and your raid so yes having to animation cancel in alot of situations is required to be effective.

sorry if you disagree, i can not change facts because of your ego problems over a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    unfortunately your sigh to show superiority in someway(weird) is misplaced.

there are a number of encounters in Legion where the movement of fel rush and VR can actually cause problems for you and your raid so yes having to animation cancel in alot of situations is required to be effective.

sorry if you disagree, i can not change facts because of your ego problems over a game.
    You can't cancel VR anymore, so that's gone.
    FR cancel is iffy and not used by many. Several people on the PTR have done plenty of raid encounters using Momentum without animation cancel and do great. It's not needed and the Devs have spoken out against using it.

Also
    Chaos Blades + Nemesis + Demon Reborn is superior single target if you don't want a momentum build. Demonic is good, but fairs much better with momentum paired. I haven't seen the numbers since the recent nerfs, but even with Anguish using Eye Beam on CD for single target was at best a wash.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimzum View Post
    Chaos Blades + Nemesis + Demon Reborn is superior single target if you don't want a momentum build. Demonic is good, but fairs much better with momentum paired. I haven't seen the numbers since the recent nerfs, but even with Anguish using Eye Beam on CD for single target was at best a wash.
    This build is amazing on fights where you want to burn as much as you can, as fast as you can early on AND you can stay on 1 target more or less. Krosus, Tel'arn Mythic, Ursoc are prime examples, with some bosses also being viable if your tactic allows.

On fights with several different types of mobs, where Nemesis can't cover it all, THe Prep, Momentum, Demonic build shines. Cenarius and Elrethe Renferal are 2 prime of examples of those.

If you want a spec that is more all around, you can always go with the Cancer build, bit its inferior to the other 2 at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Assuming you play all 3 specs as they should be played ofc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimzum View Post
    You can't cancel VR anymore, so that's gone.
    FR cancel is iffy and not used by many. Several people on the PTR have done plenty of raid encounters using Momentum without animation cancel and do great. It's not needed and the Devs have spoken out against using it.

Also

understood thanks for the info.

Has anyone else had a problem with using felblades with VR? Sometimes when i try to jump back tot he target after using VR i just keep going the full distance, and other times i jump back to the target. was wondering if this was a bug or something that anyone else was experiencing or if i was maybe just mis-timing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshog1 View Post
    Has anyone else had a problem with using felblades with VR? Sometimes when i try to jump back tot he target after using VR i just keep going the full distance, and other times i jump back to the target. was wondering if this was a bug or something that anyone else was experiencing or if i was maybe just mis-timing something.
    We should really make a FAQ at some point!

Felblade doesnt "work" when you are within Melee range. You need to make sure you have left melee range before pressing it. After doing some fights a few times you get the hang of it. When trying new bosses I always find the edge of the hit box to make sure it does not fail

Quote Originally Posted by Sangomah View Post
    We should really make a FAQ at some point!

Felblade doesnt "work" when you are within Melee range. You need to make sure you have left melee range before pressing it. After doing some fights a few times you get the hang of it. When trying new bosses I always find the edge of the hit box to make sure it does not fail
    Haha, an FAQ would be great!

and thank you for the info. i figured i was mistiming it, i just wasnt sure where i was going wrong. works like a charm now

Quote Originally Posted by Meshog1 View Post
    I blame it on latency most of the time tho

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    I blame it on latency most of the time tho
    yea, im sure latency has something to do with it. i haven't had a problem after making sure i was out of melee range of the mob though.

Deleted
    Wait, did I miss something. What was the Cancer build again?

Quote Originally Posted by Livonya View Post
    Wait, did I miss something. What was the Cancer build again?
    A padding build where you take bloodletting/master of the glaive. It's only good for constant 3+ cleave which is only one fight right now, High Botanist mythic and even then it's wasted damage as the other two bosses heal upon the other's death.

Who comes up with those builds names

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ujx View Post
    A padding build where you take bloodletting/master of the glaive. It's only good for constant 3+ cleave which is only one fight right now, High Botanist mythic and even then it's wasted damage as the other two bosses heal upon the other's death.
    Oh, that one. Thanks!

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Livonya View Post
    Oh, that one. Thanks!
    It also has Fel Barrage, which is why Vanyali called it the Cancer build, because @Vanyali hates me.

Vanyali is a big meanie. Don't be like Vanyali.
    The Dead City... it... calls to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Unanilnomen View Post
    It also has Fel Barrage, which is why Vanyali called it the Cancer build, because @Vanyali hates me.

Vanyali is a big meanie. Don't be like Vanyali.
    Ruuuuude.

Also, theorycraft reading from people way way smarter than me (if you're not in the discord, be in the discord if only to chill and listen [which i need to be better at]) is saying bloodlet is better. And momentum always wins, even ST.

But fel barrage is sucky and I hate it.

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Ruuuuude.

Also, theorycraft reading from people way way smarter than me (if you're not in the discord, be in the discord if only to chill and listen [which i need to be better at]) is saying bloodlet is better. And momentum always wins, even ST.

But fel barrage is sucky and I hate it.
    Like, Bloodlet is better than Felblade and First Blood? I'm confused at what you're trying to say.
    The Dead City... it... calls to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Unanilnomen View Post
    Like, Bloodlet is better than Felblade and First Blood? I'm confused at what you're trying to say.
    Yes, bloodlet is better than both of those.