Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    It's not an excuse. Most people going to the US from other countries are very educated, more so than the native population. Quit being a naive tool.
    I assume you have proof of this?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    Send them our way. We'll sort them out. We always have.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    I assume you have proof of this?
    Most people come here these days on work visas. That doesn't really require education necessarily.

Yeah guess who else reigned supreme for a time and were really hot shits in their neighborhood? Egypt and the Azteks, Inka and Maya.
    You know why? Because if managed correctly slavery gets shit done. A foundation of suffering and the blood and bones of innocents, that is what the shit that matters, all great human accomplishment, is made of. Your statue of liberty is just there to appease your conscience, its inscription is fiction, at most an appeal to how the world ought to be, not how it is.
    Last edited by Runenwächter; 2016-07-12 at 09:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Most people come here these days on work visas. That doesn't really require education necessarily.
    I was talking about refugees. I thought that's what the discussion was about.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Ah, you jumped in the middle of a discussion about immigrant vs refugee and the type of people the US typically gets through immigration these days.

I don't know about the refugees there, but the amount of refugees considering the size of the country and immigration is pitifully low.

What I responded to was someone saying that USA was built on immigration of "poor outsiders".

I don't know about the refugees there, but the amount of refugees considering the size of the country and immigration is pitifully low.

What I responded to was someone saying that USA was built on immigration of "poor outsiders".
    Which has been true for nearly our entire history.

To give some perspective:
    According to state department, http://www.state.gov/r/pa/pl/249076.htm, U.S. have accepted 3 million refugees, which in proportion to size is less than the million last year in Germany.

Or in other words: Per capita Germany last year got more refugees in one year than U.S. have gotten in total since 1975 - 40 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So you haven´t read the BKA release. Keep ignoring reality.
    Which one? The one that stated that crime among refugees is "down" to only triple the crime rate of the population in general?

In general a good idea when saying that people haven't read something is to provide a source, like https://global.handelsblatt.com/edit...refugee-debate

And that's why you don't mix cultures. There are no gains.
    Odd, the US is a huge mix of cultures and I hear they are a pretty powerful force in the world too. So I question your "no gains" stance.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    In the US, they can't stay for free. Only citizens are eligible for social services for the most part.
    You understand what the debate was about "anchor babies"?
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-07-12 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Allowing abortion makes the country safer too.
    Go fix your own country instead of telling the better-developed European countries what to do.
    Better-developed? Do you think my country is some third world country because we have different attitudes than you? Abortion is not what needs to be fixed
    You can hardly call your countries better-developed
    Last edited by Hana Song; 2016-07-12 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Odd, the US is a huge mix of cultures and I hear they are a pretty powerful force in the world too. So I question your "no gains" stance.
    Because USA is a good place to live in where cultures mix beautifully, right.

The countries with the lowest mixture of cultures are also the safest, go figure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Which one? The one that stated that crime among refugees is "down" to only triple the crime rate of the population in general?

In general a good idea when saying that people haven't read something is to provide a source, like https://global.handelsblatt.com/edit...refugee-debate
    from your link
    “One has to put those statistics into proportion,” Mr. Mesowic said. “A high percentage is accused of forgery or possession of fake passports or property crimes. Those are crimes that are usually dropped once the status of the asylum seeker is accepted. “

here, have fun
    http://www.thelocal.de/20160610/why-...have-plummeted

"Another finding of the report was that refugees most likely to be granted asylum and stay - those coming from war-torn regions of Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan - commit a disproportionately lower amount of crimes."

But this can´t be, right?

- - - Updated - - -

The countries with the lowest mixture of cultures are also the safest, go figure.
    That is just nonsense, where do you get your information from? Facebook?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Sorry, I got angry.

Infracted - Forbidden Topics
    Last edited by deepr; 2016-07-16 at 09:57 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    That is just nonsense, where do you get your information from? Facebook?
    Actually according to some studies, Diversity does not actually help civic cohesion but rather hampers it. Social scientist Robert Putnam found this out, much to his dismay as an avowed Liberal supporter of Multiculturalism and diversity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    Better-developed? Do you think my country is some third world country because we have different attitudes than you? Abortion is not what needs to be fixed
    You can hardly call your countries better-developed
    You are hardly in any position to discuss what accounts for as being superiority, with your history of opinionated arguments.

from your link
    “One has to put those statistics into proportion,” Mr. Mesowic said. “A high percentage is accused of forgery or possession of fake passports or property crimes. Those are crimes that are usually dropped once the status of the asylum seeker is accepted. “

here, have fun
    http://www.thelocal.de/20160610/why-...have-plummeted

"Another finding of the report was that refugees most likely to be granted asylum and stay - those coming from war-torn regions of Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan - commit a disproportionately lower amount of crimes."

But this can´t be, right?
    No that can't be right, since that's a slanted version of the truth - and it doesn't link to the actual report, so we don't know what is disproportionate to. It managed to write all that - and not write that the part where the crime rate was triple the population in general. What else did they "forget" to write?

The first link also states that "some specific crimes usually drop once the status of the asylum seeker is accepted" - but skip the part that a large percentage of the asylum seekers last year will have their asylum applications denied, and deporting them will be problematic - what do you think that will do to crime rates? Remember that most asylum seekers last year in Germany weren't from Syria/Iraq.

As for the future: "The biggest challenge now is to process asylum applications quickly and to help refugees to get a job or something to do," Mr. Kappe said. "Problems start when people have nothing to do." Based on the asylum seekers lack of education - and the requirement of German-speaking in Germany that will surely be a "challenge" - or in other words "failure".

Additionally it also misses an important fact: a large percentage of some crimes (including sexual assaults etc) are committed at people close by; and it is likely that there is even larger underreporting of such crimes at refugee centers - thus leading to lower number of reported crimes by asylum seekers. That is also consistent with Amnesty Internation reporting that asylum seeking women don't feel safe.

The problem is that you have to learn to read between the lines of what media writes - just from this thread, when they write "half the suspects are foreign nationals that arrived recently" - it means that almost all are foreign nationals, half arrived earlier, half recently, when they write "only 3 of 58 suspects are refugees" - they mean "only 3 were for Syria/Iraq; most of the others were refugees/asylum seekers from other countries", and when they write that "crime is down" - they mean to "crime rate is down to triple the crime rate of population at large".
    The problem with this is that once people start seeing this pattern they distrust everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Actually according to some studies, Diversity does not actually help civic cohesion but rather hampers it. Social scientist Robert Putnam found this out, much to his dismay as an avowed Liberal supporter of Multiculturalism and diversity.
    So shall we compare safest to non safest countries in the world and look at their immigration numbers?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

So shall we compare safest to non safest countries in the world and look at their immigration numbers?
    Japan barely has any immigration and is one of the safest, we barely have any immigration here too and we're pretty safe too

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    No that can't be right, since that's a slanted version of the truth - and it doesn't link to the actual report, so we don't know what is disproportionate to. It managed to write all that - and not write that the part where the crime rate was triple the population in general. What else did they "forget" to write?

The first link also states that "some specific crimes usually drop once the status of the asylum seeker is accepted" - but skip the part that a large percentage of the asylum seekers last year will have their asylum applications denied, and deporting them will be problematic - what do you think that will do to crime rates? Remember that most asylum seekers last year in Germany weren't from Syria/Iraq.

As for the future: "The biggest challenge now is to process asylum applications quickly and to help refugees to get a job or something to do," Mr. Kappe said. "Problems start when people have nothing to do." Based on the asylum seekers lack of education - and the requirement of German-speaking in Germany that will surely be a "challenge" - or in other words "failure".

Additionally it also misses an important fact: a large percentage of some crimes (including sexual assaults etc) are committed at people close by; and it is likely that there is even larger underreporting of such crimes at refugee centers - thus leading to lower number of reported crimes by asylum seekers. That is also consistent with Amnesty Internation reporting that asylum seeking women don't feel safe.

The problem is that you have to learn to read between the lines of what media writes - just from this thread, when they write "half the suspects are foreign nationals that arrived recently" - it means that almost all are foreign nationals, half arrived earlier, half recently, when they write "only 3 of 58 suspects are refugees" - they mean "only 3 were for Syria/Iraq; most of the others were refugees/asylum seekers from other countries", and when they write that "crime is down" - they mean to "crime rate is down to triple the crime rate of population at large".
    The problem with this is that once people start seeing this pattern they distrust everything.
    http://de.statista.com/statistik/dat...asylbewerbern/

to answer your bolded part...

I´m sorry, your ability to read between the lines obviously trumps reality and numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    Japan barely has any immigration and is one of the safest, we barely have any immigration here too and we're pretty safe too
    And austria is considered safer than japan despite having 15% immigrant population. On the other hand yemen (1% immigrant population) and the central african republic (2% immigrant population) are in the top 10 of unsafest countries. Maybe mixture of culture hasn´t too much impact in how safe a country is.