Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    ITT: People who are against this are the types of assholes we're tired of seeing.

Blah, blah, blah, ignore list. Heaven forbid you're going to be forced to be a decent fucking human being for once in your life. If you can't enjoy a game with out being an asshole to complete strangers, then maybe you don't deserve to be able to have a megaphone for your bile.

Also, take your own advice and "deal with it."
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    It is not exactly the same argument. This similarity exists only in your mind.

No, my argument is not that at all. What do you mean by new liberal PC power? Do you honestly think that not wanting to put up with assholes is new? Or liberal?

You have the choice grow up and act like a decent person to others or find another game. It has nothing to do with fascism.
    Okay, you're dodging the question and trying to shift the burden of proof to me, but that's fine.

You said, and I quote, "is a shame that some elements of the WoW community are unable to act in mature and civil manner and need civility forced upon them." Here, I'll even concede something just because you seem a bit butthurt; you're right, the argument isn't the painfully exact same because you're not referring to a nation, peoples, culture, or ethnicity you're only talking about unrelated WoW players. But you're still using the same exact, word-for-word argument in favor of fascism. It's fun to watch you try and weasel out of it though.

Not wanting to put up with people and then suddenly having the ability and ease with which to punish them are not the same. By "liberal PC power," the meaning of which is pretty self-evident, I mean that players are now judicators against the behaviors and speech of others. They should not be. It takes judges years and years of time and training to be even halfway capable of objectivity. You think the average WoW player possesses the self-restraint and good-judgement to distinguish between what they don't like and what is wrong? No. They don't.

I do have the choice to grow up and act like a decent person, and I do. Nice assumption though. Still doesn't stop this from being a horrible idea and poorly executed means of accomplishing dealing with negative player behavior. As I and others stated, and you dutifully or willfully ignored, they could just use these ideas to augment the already fully implemented Ignore system.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Co-Founder of www.classicwow.live
    Co-Author of the Navak & Egregious 1-60 Horde & Alliance Leveling Guide
    Discord: Egregious#7439
    Twitch
    YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    ITT: People who are against this are the types of assholes we're tired of seeing.

Blah, blah, blah, ignore list. Heaven forbid you're going to be forced to be a decent fucking human being for once in your life. If you can't enjoy a game with out being an asshole to complete strangers, then maybe you don't deserve to be able to have a megaphone for your bile.

Sorry but I'm going to have to report you for insulting people.

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post

You, sir, are great at committing logical fallacies and employing rhetorical devices.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Twitch
    YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    Um, you do realize there was just a huge fiasco where a multi boxer was using all his toons to report and get people punished right? it was automated just like this is going to be.
    Um, do you understand that has nothing to do with this, at all? And that you have no clue what Blizzard has set up on their end to prevent that from happening?

But you keep being smug.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Um, do you understand that has nothing to do with this, at all? And that you have no clue what Blizzard has set up on their end to prevent that from happening?

But you keep being smug.
    Do you have evidence to support your claim? If you don't, we'll have to entertain two hypotheses of how Blizzard will handle this. Either in the manner they have claimed, or not in the manner they have claimed. You're really not any more correct or wrong than your opposition, buddy.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Twitch
    YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Egregious View Post
    Do you have evidence to support your claim? If you don't, we'll have to entertain two hypotheses of how Blizzard will handle this. Either in the manner they have claimed or not in the manner they have claimed. You're really not any more correct or wrong than your opposition, buddy.
    Oh, ffs, the "evidence game". Crap, can I go ONE DAY without getting a fedora in my face?

You want evidence? Use your fucking brain, dummy. It's a whole new system they're implementing, the "example" you provided was under the old one.

But you keep thinking you know more than anyone else.

But you keep being smug.
    How exactly does this have nothing to do with it? This has everything to do with it. They claimed before it wasn't automated but that was proven to not be true. Blizzard lied about that I don't expect them to have the time to go thru hundreds of thousands of reported being flooded in if they couldn't review them before.

You put way to much faith in Blizzard.

I'm not being smug I'm looking at the evidence that was put before everyone.

Oh, ffs, the "evidence game". Crap, can I go ONE DAY without getting a fedora in my face?

You want evidence? Use your fucking brain, dummy. It's a whole new system they're implementing, the "example" you provided was under the old one.

You're the one who wanted to be a smug budday, buddy. I just threw it back in your face, where it belongs.

You don't know what conservation of resources are, I'd think.

But you keep thinking you know more than anyone else. See how useless and idiotic that makes you look?
    GM of <Invictus>
    Twitch
    YouTube

Use your brain. If they've lied and claimed the old system wasn't automated yet it was what makes you think this one will be any different?

Are you saying we should blindly throw our faith into Blizzard like you and be naive?

How exactly does this have nothing to do with it? This has everything to do with it. They claimed before it wasn't automated but that was proven to not be true. Blizzard lied about that I don't expect them to have the time to go thru hundreds of thousands of reported being flooded in if they couldn't review them before.

It's okay, friend. He is weak.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Twitch
    YouTube

Okay, you're dodging the question and trying to shift the burden of proof to me, but that's fine.

You said, and I quote, "is a shame that some elements of the WoW community are unable to act in mature and civil manner and need civility forced upon them." Here, I'll even concede something just because you seem a bit butthurt; you're right, the argument isn't the painfully exact same because you're not referring to a nation, peoples, culture, or ethnicity you're only talking about unrelated WoW players. But you're still using the same exact, word-for-word argument in favor of fascism. It's fun to watch you try and weasel out of it though.

Not wanting to put up with people and then suddenly having the ability and ease with which to punish them are not the same. By "liberal PC power," the meaning of which is pretty self-evident, I mean that players are now judicators against the behaviors and speech of others. They should not be. It takes judges years and years of time and training to be even halfway capable of objectivity. You think the average WoW player possesses the self-restraint and good-judgement to distinguish between what they don't like and what is wrong? No. They don't.

I do have the choice to grow up and act like a decent person, and I do. Nice assumption though. Still doesn't stop this from being a horrible idea and poorly executed means of accomplishing dealing with negative player behavior. As I and others stated, and you dutifully or willfully ignored, they could just use these ideas to augment the already fully implemented Ignore system.
    I am not dodging the question.

I am aware of what I said. Why do you think I am butt hurt? The argument is nothing like enslaving people, this exists only in your mind. I think you are confusing civility (being polite and courteous) with civilised.

The majority of players don't want to put up with assholes and as a result they'll take their money elsewhere, the gaming companies want people's money, assholes are the minority.... you get the picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Meh. I'll just be more silent than usual in game just in case some asshole decides to report me.

I'll only speak when I absolutely have to from now on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go look up the "Halo: Reach Mute Ban" on google. Bungie put in a similar system for their game. Where it would automatically mute players if they were muted enough times. There's so many results of people getting wrongfully banned. I KNOW some of them. I was one of them. Systems like this never work. Blizzard is not going to be monitoring this. They'll put it it and stop giving a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I am not dodging the question.

I am aware of what I said. Why do you think I am butt hurt? The argument is nothing like enslaving people, this exists only in your mind. I think you are confusing civility (being polite and courteous) with civilised.

The majority of players don't want to put up with assholes and as a result they'll take their money elsewhere, the gaming companies want people's money, assholes are the minority.... you get the picture.
    I didn't say you were using the argument to accomplish the same thing they used their argument for. What is reading comprehension? I just said you were using the same argument, which you were and did.

I dunno, bro. If I confused the two it's only because your hyperbolic rhetorical choices. If you want to amend what you said to what you mean, I'm fine for that.

Hilariously, despite what you think, I never once with you on that accord... Interestingly, I and others have proposed solutions to correct existing systems to handle said problems. However, you still seem to be ignoring those suggestions in favor of, what I can only assume, is wanting access to a bit of your own personal power to be both judge and jury.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Twitch
    YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    If you're one of those Orc spammers. Well, sucks to be you then if you keep it up.
    I didn't know how to use it, I just had fun seeing people post those faces in a different context. It was a nice change from the boring tradechat we usually see, which is pretty much infested with bots, goldsellers or both.

It was incredibly harmless and bound to only last a couple hours before it's fixed - and people had their fun with it.

And if you are that offended by something that lasts a few hours at best, then you must be one of those who hated the Zombie invasion because it stopped you from using the AH for a day.

Must be incredibly fun to hang out with someone like you...
    Last edited by Malacras; 2016-07-12 at 09:57 PM.

You're the one who wanted to be a smug budday, buddy. I just threw it back in your face, where it belongs.

You don't know what conservation of resources are, I'd think.

But you keep thinking you know more than anyone else. See how useless and idiotic that makes you look?
    ....what?

Could you rewrite that, but this time, have it mean something?

- - - Updated - - -

"Um..." = smug. Sorry. You're smug.

Blizzard lied. Oh, you're one of THOSE.

I won't bother replying anymore, it's pointless. Enjoy your silences _ I wish I still played WoW, so I could enjoy the peace and quiet when you're muzzled.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can already see this to be abuse.

Create 10 trial accounts ... find a guy who is talking and report him with all 10- 100 accounts.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I can already see this to be abuse.

Create 10 trial accounts ... find a guy who is talking and report him with all 10- 100 accounts.
    Then you'll also read the part which says "after investigation".

It's not auto-silence. No matter how many reports you do. If you and others start making throwaway accounts on trial to abuse it, perhaps it's time for Blizzard to disable reporting ability on trial accounts?

I didn't say you were using the argument to accomplish the same thing they used their argument for. What is reading comprehension? I just said you were using the same argument, which you were and did.

I dunno, bro. If I confused the two it's only because your hyperbolic rhetorical choices. If you want to amend what you said to what you mean, I'm fine for that.

Hilariously, despite what you think, I never once with you on that accord... Interestingly, I and others have proposed solutions to correct existing systems to handle said problems. However, you still seem to be ignoring those suggestions in favor of, what I can only assume, is wanting access to a bit of your own personal power to be both judge and jury.
    Your first paragraph makes no sense.

Yeah, yeah. It was totally my fault you don't know the meaning of words.

Of course you've proposed solutions but none of your solutions, which seem to be a continuation of the status quo, involve taking personal responsibility for your behaviour. And how am I judge and jury? If I, or anyone, report someone it is up to Blizzard to decide what action to take.