Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    I don't think I'll ever understand the US. Everyone there seems to covet the 2nd amendment more than life itself, then they're surprised when someone has a gun, then they calls the cops, then the cops shoot the guy for having a gun.
    It's even worse when you consider shooting cops when you feel they are tyrannical, is justification for second amendment. People just ignore that oppression is subjective, so they get up in arms over cops being shot, without ever realizing that it's exactly the reason being use to justify gun ownership. We need guns to protect us from government over reach, to be followed by bitching that someone who shot cops felt government is over reaching, lack all self awareness. That's the culture you need to fix... Stop telling people that your right to guns is what's meant to protect you from government over reach... Then perhaps people won't be as keen to shoot cops when they feel government over reaching...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    I guess because people rather see him in angola for 10 years for violating his probation again than dead.
    NO NO. The new Black Panther party is campaigning for ALL black people to be released from prison. The current system is made by the white man so it's unfair and they shouldn't have to follow it... or at the very least all the jurys and judges should all be black.

(you couldn't make this shit up).
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    People don't seem capable of getting a grip on the fact that there can be both a race issue and a general police issue simultaneously.
    Because race is so overwhelming, a large problem with BLM is that they are not BLMAW (black lives matter as well). Because the general opinion seems to be that their name is actually OBLM (only black lives mater).
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    NO NO. The new Black Panther party is campaigning for ALL black people to be released from prison. The current system is made by the white man so it's unfair and they shouldn't have to follow it... or at the very least all the jurys and judges should all be black.

One of the top two candidates for president is asserting something pretty similar, when complaining about a Mexican judge. At least black panther has no political power...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, that's what OBLM means. I saw people saying it and was like dubya tee ef, m8.
    Oh, I have not seen it. It's just how it seems with all of the 'all lives mater' shit. They treat BLM, as if it's OBLM...

That is mostly that the system doesn't really exist for providing many opportunities and support for people when they get out of prison. All they give a shit about is if you have an address as the requirement to putting you back out on the street.
    It's not the system that denies people jobs because they did time. It's not the system that won't rent to someone because they did time. The problem is the people.

Now, that said, we could certainly alter the system to keep prior convictions private. But that would be an uphill fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post

New Black Panther is only relevant because people give them attention. Ignore them like we do with the KKK and neo nazis and they're nothing.

It has everything to do with it when you have people that wanted a different outcome than the one they were given. Yeah too bad boo hoo but the people angry wanted him alive right now.
    No. Actually it doesn't. It has NOTHING to do with that. What you are basically saying, is that because this guy is dead, and you want him to be alive, that you cannot trust the word of the police? The failure of logic there is monumental. It's like saying I don't like your politics so, there is no way your facts can be correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    I don't think I'll ever understand the US. Everyone there seems to covet the 2nd amendment more than life itself, then they're surprised when someone has a gun, then they calls the cops, then the cops shoot the guy for having a gun.
    We believe a person has a right to defend themselves. It's not hard to understand. Your grandma can't fend me off with a long sword. Ergo, she needs a gun to defend herself. We don't believe in just being subject to whatever whims the criminal mind dreams up, at the cost of our life.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Stupid argument, no ones protesting white people getting shot by police
    There was a protest over dylan nobles shooting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    We believe a person has a right to defend themselves. It's not hard to understand. Your grandma can't fend me off with a long sword. Ergo, she needs a gun to defend herself. We don't believe in just being subject to whatever whims the criminal mind dreams up, at the cost of our life.
    Is stopping government tyranny one of the reasons for second amendment?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Correct, because the officer who uses your "tactics" would be the one dead.

"That career criminal who is resisting arrest and is carrying a weapon has rights too!"
    There are millions of cops who do their job without killing anyone. Stop making good cops look bad, because you have a need to justify a fuck up. You are giving cops a bad name, in your haste to defend the fuck ups...

"But he started it!"

That's a fucking childish answer and a complete cop-out.
    This was a great pun that nobody caught (at least from what I saw). I'm ashamed of you MMO-C.

I think in this situation the public needs to see the footage that clearly shows him going for a gun. Apart from that, you're relying on the officers' words. The officers have every reason to lie if it isn't on video.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, we just had a month stand off with people actually threatening to kill cops, because they were not permitted to graze cattle on public land.
    A stand off that resulted in white people dying *gasp* because they resisted arrest! Amazing how you people leave out facts to fit your narrative, it's like you want to be wrong

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The 2 videos of what happened do not support the claim that he reached for a gun. It will be interesting to see what happens if/when there are no charges.

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    I'm pretty sure in 99% of the cases the police officers act correctly and it's just that those innocent, arrest resisting criminals who happen to be black give them no alternative.
    Lol resisting arrest is a justified reason to execute someone?

Is stopping government tyranny one of the reasons for second amendment?

- - - Updated - - -

There are millions of cops who do their job without killing anyone. Stop making good cops look bad, because you have a need to justify a fuck up. You are giving cops a bad name, in your haste to defend the fuck ups...
    It's one of the reasons, I guess. But the core issue is so fundamental, I don't see why people can't understand it. As a live human, I have a natural right to try and stay alive. It's not a complicated thing. There is no need to study the writings of the founding fathers or any of that. I don't want to be dead. This object helps me stay not dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    The 2 videos of what happened do not support the claim that he reached for a gun. It will be interesting to see what happens if/when there are no charges.
    This 100%. There is no gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Lol resisting arrest is a justified reason to execute someone?
    Nobody is talking about execution. Words have meanings. The cops, right or wrong, acted in what they thought was self defense (unless it can be proven otherwise). There is nothing about this video or story that would lead you to believe this man was executed. Even if the cops messed up, you can't reasonably make a case for intent to murder or "execute".

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Nobody is talking about execution. Words have meanings. The cops, right or wrong, acted in what they thought was self defense (unless it can be proven otherwise). There is nothing about this video or story that would lead you to believe this man was executed.
    Killing an unarmed man for resisting arrest is an execution. The cops became the judge, the jury and the executioner. Thats easy to see.

It really come down to the bullshit that is "Stand your ground" laws. The duty of officers should be to retreat. This shift in the power that police have is dangerous, as we can all see.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2016-07-13 at 04:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    A stand off that resulted in white people dying *gasp* because they resisted arrest! Amazing how you people leave out facts to fit your narrative, it's like you want to be wrong
    Please keep up:

One member of the group was killed and had a controversy if he drew the gun first, witness camera included.
    I mean you need to keep up, not you people... What ever the fuck that's supposed to mean...

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait for more information before making a judgement.

Or you could be an ignorant pleb and block a highway because you think someone did something wrong when the only data you have is the victim's best friend's anecdote. Definitely won't find any bias there.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Wait for more information before making a judgement.

Or you could be an ignorant pleb and block a highway because you think someone did something wrong when the only data you have is the victim's girlfriend's anecdote. Definitely won't find any bias there.
    No, this is the killing of Alton, not Philandro. There are multiple videos detailing what happened, the lack of evidence of a gun, and two cops pinning him down and shooting him point blank in the chest 10 times.