Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    What exactly is your point? Oh you don't have one
    My point is that this isn't limited to black people. If you bothered to read what I am saying, instead of guessing, you would have seen that my post wasn't the result of someone correcting me, but in fact me correcting the assertion no one was killed.

For fuck sake, you assumed incorrectly, then guessed incorrectly, because you refuse to read... To then ask me what my point is? Fucking read the thread before replying and guessing... You guessing instead of reading is not my issue...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    You guessed the opposite of what I meant.

I was calling the people mad at the cops racist.
    Ahh, then we are in agreement!
    Working on my next ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    What's the "racist narrative"? That black people commit an disproportionate amount of crime? If that's it then I have some bad news for you.
    http://www.colorofcrime.com/2016/03/...vised-edition/
    This is your justification for them also being grossly disproportionately killed?

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh, then we are in agreement!
    How is being mad at police who killed a black guy racist, exactly? You guys do know tht the cop who killed Philandro was Asian, right? This isnt "white" on "black", its "police" on "black."

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Im afraid thats not a question you or I can answer. What becomes even more muddied is that a jury is going to have to determine whether or not they believe the officer perceived a real threat. Whether the police officer, real or not, PERCEIVED a real threat.
    Speak for yourself. I can answer that question just fine: Because they wouldn't do that.

Nobody is more aware of what happens when you break the law than cops. Why would they give up their life to shoot some person they never met? It fails all test of logic to think that they would. What happens in 99.999999999% of these police shootings that are determined wrongful, is that the stupid cop got scared and shot someone they should not have. This notion that they wake up, kiss their wife and kids, then go off to work in hopes they can murder a black person is just ridiculous. Anyone who thinks that is a moron. That's just science.

This is your justification for them also being grossly disproportionately killed?
    Yes, commit disproportional amounts of violent crime then you'll probably also end up getting shot by the cops more often.

Basically more interaction with cops over serious crimes = getting shot

Lets be clear, you have no idea what they pull out.
    Sure, maybe you can't tell if you don't have eyes.
    Working on my next ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Speak for yourself. I can answer that question just fine: Because they wouldn't do that..
    You cannot. You cannot pretend to know the mental state, thoughts or intentions of anyone, regardless of what your ego is telling you.

- - - Updated - - -

This notion that they wake up, kiss their wife and kids, then go off to work in hopes they can murder a black person is just ridiculous. Anyone who thinks that is a moron. That's just science.
    Who asserted this except you? Youre preemptively making a counter argument to one I havent made... you should be in the oylmpics with those mental gymnastic skills!
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2016-07-13 at 05:15 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

How is being mad at police who killed a black guy racist, exactly? You guys do know tht the cop who killed Philandro was Asian, right? This isnt "white" on "black", its "police" on "black."
    Because the only thing you'll hear these communists railing about is the white patriarchal evil racist police that's tryin to keep the white man down. Also asians have white privilege, duh.
    Working on my next ban.

Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    One person died. Meanwhile the rest of them were posting videos talking about killing cops, others were actually pointing their weapons at cops, and it lasted A MONTH.

Please tell us it would have went down the same way if they were black or arabs
    Wow how racist of you to say that, something with no proof. Maybe they didn't want another Waco, you know were they burned white crazy people and children alive?

Because the only thing you'll hear these communists railing about is the white patriarchal evil racist police that's tryin to keep the white man down. Also asians have white privilege, duh.
    You dont even know definitions of the words youre using. Im going to stop feeding your rhetoric and taking you seriously..

You cannot. You cannot pretend to know the mental state, thoughts or intentions of anyone, regardless of what your ego is telling you.

- - - Updated - - -

Who asserted this except you? Youre preemptively making a counter argument to one I havent made... you should be in the oylmpics with mental gymnastics like that!
    It's exactly what you are arguing when you say, "We don't know the motives of the police". Yes we do. Their motive is to not die and make it home tonight. Sure, it could be that he was secretly a frustrated KKK activist who woke with murder in his heart. But, why would anyone assume that is the default scenario, instead of a far fetched TV show scenario? Use your brain. When actual investigators look in to a crime, they try to establish a motive. Without motive, murders cannot happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Correct, because the officer who uses your "tactics" would be the one dead.

"That career criminal who is resisting arrest and is carrying a weapon has rights too!"
    My "tactic" wouldn't allow him to have a free hand in the first place. Are you implying that resisting arrest in all cases should simply get you shot by the police? If so, we can simply do away with handcuffs.

Yes, commit disproportional amounts of violent crime then you'll probably also end up getting shot by the cops more often.

Basically more interaction with cops over serious crimes = getting shot

Sure, maybe you can't tell if you don't have eyes.

Wow! Look at that gun! Or maybe it's a missingno pokemon. We really have no idea.

Except that the Sterling case isn't a fuck up. The Castile shooting? With the evidence currently available I can agree that particular incident was a fuck up. It's funny how people rush to judgement (our fearless leader Barry Obama as well) and then we get all the evidence and these cops walk.
    So, you have more evidence than the cops, press, DA, and the public? You should share it with the authorities because they are still trying to figure it all out.

There is another witness. The living wife says that the victim was reaching for his CCW permit and told the officer that he had a gun.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...2986&tid=ss_tw

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post

Wow! Look at that gun! Or maybe it's a missingno pokemon. We really have no idea.
    It stands to reason that it was a gun, otherwise it wouldn't have been taken from his pocket.
    Working on my next ban.

It's exactly what you are arguing when you say "We don't know the motives of the police". Yes we do.
    How are the two synonymous? How is saying "You cannot pretend to know the mental state, thoughts or intentions of anyone" equal to "This notion that they wake up, kiss their wife and kids, then go off to work in hopes they can murder a black person"

You see the leap in logic youre missing here yet?

It stands to reason that it was a gun, otherwise it wouldn't have been taken from his pocket.
    Your post says you can clearly SEE it. You cannot. It could have been a knife. It could have been keys. The point is, you lied. Unless you were there, you cannot clearly see that it's a gun. You're assuming.

Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    What terrorists acts have BLM committed to make you believe this?
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...t-organization

Here you go. Pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter.

The current evidence available.....please pay attention.
    I'm paying attention. I just don't see how a TV viewer has more evidence than all of the authorities. I mean, you are saying it's already settled and the cops were in the wrong. Clearly you know more than the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I would like to see the body cam point of view too, even if they fell off...

One thing is for sure, he shouldn't have resisted arrest. I think he would have used his gun, he already pointed it at someone which is the reason 911 was called on him, and he has a huge rap sheet. http://www.snopes.com/alton-sterling-arrest-record/
    Actually, it was reported that he displayed his gun, as in pulling back his clothing to reveal it. It will be a big issue if there's no actual recordings from the body cameras.I get that they fall off, but they should still be recording.