Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Why would you not?

So far they have had one protest that was about a man who was legitimately wrongly killed by police and it was damn clear to even the police the guy fucked up if you watch the video.
    So we should treat them as a child because they protested against this? So should they have said nothing? Been quite? Whats the adult thing they should have done?

They have caused millions of dollars in property damage, killed police officers, and have crippled people. Why? Because violent criminals died while trying to assualt officers and one guy was wrongly killed and there is no chance in hell the cop is avoiding disciplinary action for it.

They are acting like children. You treat them like a children
    Unaware that the BLM has killed or crippled anyone. Go ahead and provide cites for that. Unless of course you are going to claim that the Dallas cop killer was BLM then I am just going to remind you that the Dallas PD said he had issues with the BLM as well as with cops.

So far nothing you have presented is any excuse for treating folks like children.
    Last edited by Pangean; 2016-07-13 at 08:29 PM.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    Yes, sensationalism. The kid was fine the entire time, that's what stable means. "Could have gotten worse" as an excuse to say his life was in danger is the sensationalist aspect. Anyone "could have gotten worse" at any time. The article even says it wasn't an emergency - the parents themselves deemed in an emergency. Little junior had a cough and was heading to the hospital, so fox news decided to try to stir up some drama. If this was actually real, this would have national attention.
    Except it was never deemed not an emergency.

What about when BLM protesters did this is Massachusetts last year which also blocked an ambulance from getting to the hospital?

http://www.masslive.com/news/boston/...rotesters.html

Officials from the Massachusetts State Police and Easton Fire Department are reporting that an ambulance responding to violent car accident was blocked from traveling to a Boston hospital on Thursday.

Massachusetts State Police Superintendent Timothy P. Alben told reporters during a press conference that an Easton ambulance carrying car crash victims in serious condition had to be diverted to a lower-level hospital because of the protests.

About 11 people were arrested by police for blocking I-93 north near East Milton Square on Thursday as part of an action by the #BlackLivesMatter protest movement. The protesters blocked traffic by locking themselves together with the help of concrete filled barrel they transported to the site with a rented box truck.

MassLive left a message with the Easton Fire Department for comment.

A Tweet from the MSP and a Facebook post from the union confirmed the incident.

Protesters who blocked 93 in Milton prevented ambulance carrying crash victim w/life-threatening injuries from reaching level 1 trauma ctr.

— Mass State Police (@MassStatePolice) January 15, 2015
    I'm sure it was also a minor inconvenience that the accident victim had to be diverted to another "lower-level" hospital because of the protesters.

Person didn't die so i'm sure you're fine with that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    So we should treat them as a child because they protested against this? So should they have said nothing? Been quite? Whats the adult thing they should have done?

They have caused millions of dollars in property damage, killed police officers, and have crippled people. Why? Because violent criminals died while trying to assualt officers and one guy was wrongly killed and there is no chance in hell the cop is avoiding disciplinary action for it.

They are acting like children. You treat them like a children
    [/QUOTE]

Yes. They should of waited for the court case to go forth for each of those cases.

The one who wrongly shot the one who didn't actually deserve to be shot looks like he will plead guilty to manslaughter.

Imagine using the courts to solve legal manners rather then stopping traffic for 6 hours, killing people, and setting buildings on fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every group of protesters have their idiots. I would say that the ones who think blocking traffic too get their message across are on the wrong side of the bell curve.

That's certainly annoying but that's their intent. Spreading "awareness" on facebook is a fucking joke, but blocking traffic is a non-violent way of getting actual attention. The question is, are they doing anything constructive with that attention? From the look of it, in that case, no.
    Spreading awareness is also supposed garner favor amongst those you're spreading it to. They blocking of roads and rampaging into resturants screaming and hollering about racism doesn't do that.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Not saying they didn't exist. Saying it hasn't had as much popularity in the last 30 ish years. Ignorance is spouting off what you don't know about people. Find my post where i said the movement didn't exist. Ok then.
    You said: "I do t remember anything significant peaceful of not before that. " I pointed out that's not true and was an ignorant statement. As you yourself somewhat acknowledge. You are now asking me to prove something I never claimed you said. I guess you think that's an useful argument technique and all but it's really not.

In the grand scheme of life, yes. Granted, for a wage-slave who gets treated like shit you might get chewed out by your boss and "feels bad man", but for most professionals a bit of a shoulder shrug and "traffic was rough this morning" about covers it. Certainly doesn't justify murder.
    Sorry, but I'm not going to be made late for work by people with a false narrative who advocate looting and violence.

- - - Updated - - -

Unaware that the BLM has killed or crippled anyone. Go ahead and provide cites for that. Unless of course you are going to claim that the Dallas cop killer was BLM then I am just going to remind you that the Dallas PD said he had issues with the BLM as well as with cops.

So far nothing you have presented is any excuse for treating folks like children.
    Baltimore. Done and done. DC for another example has had people maimed in the name of BLM. Dallas was BLM.

7+ Year Old Account

Yes. They should of waited for the court case to go forth for each of those cases.

The one who wrongly shot the one who didn't actually deserve to be shot looks like he will plead guilty to manslaughter.

Imagine using the courts to solve legal manners rather then stopping traffic for 6 hours, killing people, and setting buildings on fire.
    They should wait for a court case to go through before using their first amendment rights and thats why they should be treated like children. That's a pretty specious argument given that folks of all political positions have protests on issues before courts have made decisions and that is part of the political discourse in this country.

And do tell me who the BLM has killed? This is the second time you made this claim. And if you are going to claim the Dallas cop killer was BLM I will just point out the Dalls Police Chief said the killer had issues with cops and the BLM.
    Last edited by Pangean; 2016-07-13 at 09:16 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The saying goes that bad press is better than no press. Alternatively "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take". So on and so forth. Not that I agree with that logic, but at the very least there's an actual dialogue now.
    Yes, the dialogue of the following.

US : "Please stop shooting and killing white people and white cops who are innocent and have done nothing to you."

THEM : "NO! Fuck crackers! Fuck da po-lice! Kill every white folk I lay my motha-fuckin' eyes on! BLACK RAGE! BLACK RAGE!"

Some useful dialogue, right there.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    I'm sure it was also a minor inconvenience that the accident victim had to be diverted to another "lower-level" hospital because of the protesters.

Person didn't die so i'm sure you're fine with that as well.
    Certainly an unfortunate circumstance. In a perfect world riots wouldn't ever need to happen in the first place... but they do, and sometimes things don't work out perfectly, but that doesn't mean it's okay to dismiss the source of the outcry. I still won't demonize them for trying to do what they think is right; while it's not a "minor" inconvenience, we're still not talking about loss of life. When that actually, truly happens, I'm sure it will dominate the news for at least a few cycles, because people are honestly just itching for ammunition to sling at BLM.

Look at it from their perspective - in the past there have been a number of high-profile instances where white cops kill black men and walk free, and police force, intent on protecting their own, use the time between the incident and the end of the trial to gear up for riot control to shut down the people's justice. Seems only natural to that they'd hope to take the initiative and spend the message THEY want to send before authorities are setup to control the outcry and eventually control the narrative.

I don't think that's particularly right, but then the blue wall of silence isn't right in the first place, so it's hard to really argue that justice is served in a number of cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post

US : "Please stop shooting and killing white people and white cops who are innocent and have done nothing to you."

THEM : "NO! Fuck crackers! Fuck da po-lice! Kill every white folk I lay my motha-fuckin' eyes on! BLACK RAGE! BLACK RAGE!"

This is why you have sniper attacks. Because you're so disconnected from what those people are saying and feeling that you handwave and handwave until the bullets start flying and then mistakenly view it as this out of the blue unilateral aggression.
    Last edited by TheMediator; 2016-07-13 at 08:50 PM.

They should wait for a court case to go through before using their first amendment rights and thats why they should be treated like children. That's a pretty specious argument given that folks of all political positions have protests on issues before courts have made decisions and that is part of the political discourse in this country.

And do tell me who the BLM has killed? This is the second time you made this claim. And if you are going to claim the Dallas cop killer was BLM I will just point out the Dalls Police Chief said the killer had issues with cops and the BLM.
    Learn to quote...

6 police officers and counting plus that one who's spine they broke by dropping a cinder block on his head. The shooter was also wearing a blm shirt... I would show you the picture but it is post martyrbot 5000 so it might be consider to gore here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post

You made me want to watch Mallrats again.
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

Look at it from their perspective - in the past there have been a number of high-profile instances where white cops kill black men and walk free, and police force, intent on protecting their own, use the time between the incident and the end of the trial to gear up for riot control to shut down the people's justice. Seems only natural to that they'd hope to take the initiative and spend the message THEY want to send before authorities are setup to control the outcry and eventually control the narrative.
    When exactly in the past?

How exactly does that excuse the violence and millions of dollars in property damage?

If the KKK was doing this would you be as understanding? Just reverse the roles a black cop and a white victim.

Right. These people still need to be thrown in jail, like I said earlier, but that doesn't mean they might not be doing the right thing.

What the fuck is wrong with this forum though? Literally the second poster in this thread that advocated wanton murder over a minor inconvenience.
    A minor inconvenience?

These retarded morons are standing in the street blocking traffic. It only makes the entire world hate their movement more than we already do.

Brilliant move.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Sorry, but I'm not going to be made late for work by people with a false narrative who advocate looting and violence.

- - - Updated - - -

Baltimore. Done and done. DC for another example has had people maimed in the name of BLM. Dallas was BLM.
    Baltimore? When? When I search for this I see nothing. Again for DC nothing. Go ahead and provide real cites for your claims. And no Dallas was not BLM.

"During the standoff, Mr. Johnson, who was black, told police negotiators that “he was upset about Black Lives Matter,”.."

So far no reason to treat them as children. And unsupported claims of what BLM supposedly has done. Not a very convincing run for you at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Oh shit, a mass car jacking!"
    *slams on the accelerator*

Baltimore? When? When I search for this I see nothing. Again for DC nothing. Go ahead and provide real cites for your claims. And no Dallas was not BLM.

"During the standoff, Mr. Johnson, who was black, told police negotiators that “he was upset about Black Lives Matter,”.."

So far no reason to treat them as children. And unsupported claims of what BLM supposedly has done. Not a very convincing run for you at this point.
    lol you don't know how to google. Not helping you there buddy and even if I did you'd put your fingers in your ears. Dallas was BLM. He's denying connection to help them.

Edit:

Also if you actually read the articles you pulled the quote from, he's pretty much exactly what BLM is, just black panthers related. He said he was upset meaning not that he hated them, but felt they weren't doing enough. Reading comprehension is lacking in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    "Oh shit, a mass car jacking!"
    *slams on the accelerator*
    There was a freedom pick up truck that drove through them. Would link but a fat chick got her leg stuck in his back tire so it might be considered gore by the mods.

Certainly an unfortunate circumstance. In a perfect world riots wouldn't ever need to happen in the first place... but they do, and sometimes things don't work out perfectly, but that doesn't mean it's okay to dismiss the source of the outcry. I still won't demonize them for trying to do what they think is right; while it's not a "minor" inconvenience, we're still not talking about loss of life. When that actually, truly happens, I'm sure it will dominate the news for at least a few cycles, because people are honestly just itching for ammunition to sling at BLM.

I don't think that's particularly right, but then the blue wall of silence isn't right in the first place, so it's hard to really argue that justice is served in a number of cases.

This is why you have sniper attacks. Because you're so disconnected from what those people are saying and feeling that you handwave and handwave until the bullets start flying and then mistakenly view it as this out of the blue unilateral aggression.
    No we have sniper attacks because the government hasn't squashed this group yet. They have committed acts or violence and destruction and are still being listened to. I guess we should also give IS what it wants right? I mean if we stop hand waving them we won't have terror attacks.

I'm not sure where it is, but somewhere up ahead there's gonna be a line where the level of ignorance that super sheltered rural and suburban white dudes express in how BLM is stupid because racism against black people isn't a thing anymore, and civil rights was solved in the 60s goes from stupid and irritating to adorable and endearing.